Orange SPV M500 Released!

Guest Dade

Got my new M500 & think its fab but.. what a pain picking away at that rubber cover over the sockets every time you have to charge or use the headphones!

Guest matt120

After following this post I got my M500. Its my first PPC and i was wondering when using active sync at work, how can I get it to sync other folders. i.e all my appointments are placed in a shared calender and i can only sync the default calender at the moment. Is there an easy way to this? Thanx in advance

Guest furby

Spoke to OSPS today and they said that the phone hadn't being released yet. oh really? though I didn't ask them what they meant by not released.

They said I should get my phone no later than saturday.

Not sure I really beleive that but we'll see

Guest DAWG13

Hi Guys I have been following this thread for quite a while now as I had been looking to change my P800. I could not believe how bad OCS has been dealing with the release of this phone. I called several times to be told there was no such phone… then that it was business only :cry: . Finally today (after leaving it for a week or so) I called and asked to be put strait through to retentions…some haggling later:

Haggling = M500 + 60 texts for free (to arrive tomorrow) added onto my 500 cross network minutes and 50 text all for £25 a month :) :D :D .

I was pushing for some free data but was told they cannot do that. Instead they offered me a free Bluetooth headset or 60 free texts (I chose the txt).

Anyone manage to get free data?

Guest Behold
After following this post I got my M500. Its my first PPC and i was wondering when using active sync at work, how can I get it to sync other folders. i.e all my appointments are placed in a shared calender and i can only sync the default calender at the moment. Is there an easy way to this? Thanx in advance

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Use the Managed Folders section under tools on PDA to select other folders.

Guest teefaf

Hi all.

Having read this thread and got all excited about the M500, I finally ordered 1 today. My contract expired in early June, and I'd just been hanging around for a decent phone to come out, preferably with wifi.

I phoned OCS upgrades and they were asking for £50. So I phoned back later, and this time was told the lowest they could go was £100! I mentioned that T-Mobile were doing them for free, the dude argued and I told him OK - It's called the MDA but its the same phone. I asked to be put through to retentions and after a short wait on hold a woman came on the line and immediately offered it to me for free. :)

This was all just this afternoon - and the phone will be delivered to my work in the morning! Awesome! I've already ordered a 1Gb SD card and a wifi card. I'm now looking for good screen protectors, and maybe a carry case - perhaps even a cradle.

Could anyone perhaps point me to a thread listing good websites for tips/advice/info on software, accessories and tips and tricks? Or list some here for a complete newbie?

To those still waiting, best of luck. And to those who have already posted, thanks for sparking my enthusiasm! :D

Edited by teefaf

Guest teefaf

Could anyone advise me as to how long I should charge it for intially? There's nothing in the manual?

Obviously there's what I can get away with, and then there's what I should really do. I'm guessing 16 hours or so is the minimum!

JUst got my machine today - can't wait to get home and play with it!

What's the best software for resizing DivX movies to fit the screen/save storage space? Does Betaplayer/TCPMP resize videos, or do I need something else?

Thanks!

Guest allydent

They advise 16 hours, but my battery life is improving more each day as I keep it as full as possible, so maybe more would be better, to stretch the initial charge.

Guest mupwangle

>>Samandiain - I disagree with having to use GPRS when you're out and about. Go for a walk round your local estate with your WiFi switched on and see how many unsecured networks you can connect to! Came in very handy when my adapter broke - I had a choice of three of my neighbours ones I could connect to!

You do realise that there is a now a legal precedent in both here and america where prison sentences have been handed out when the police have spotted someone using wifi devices nowhere near a public hotspot? They are allowed to confiscate the device to check if you are using cellular or wi-fi I think.

Guest PompeyBish

Got mine this morning. Phone is excellent, by far the best available. got it free from Orange with 150xnet mins and 250txt for £25. Got Krussell case from MobileFun.

MSN is great.

Had prob with BlueTooth, but sorted by a gen'ed up guy at Orange. Phone doesn't turn off completely unless you go into Flight mode. this got my updates down.....But still had BlueTooth telling me its not installed. Only way is to take out the batt.

All workin cool now.

Guest artax

Can anyone who has got a free upgrade suggest what tariff I'd be best changing too before I ring them up as I'm currently only on talk 60 (mind you my bill is about 40 quid a month)? My contract is up on 18 August so I want to change my tariff now so I can ring them up as soon as my year has ended.

Cheers

Dave

Guest NikLP
Can anyone who has got a free upgrade suggest what tariff I'd be best changing too before I ring them up as I'm currently only on talk 60 (mind you my bill is about 40 quid a month)? My contract is up on 18 August so I want to change my tariff now so I can ring them up as soon as my year has ended.

Cheers

Dave

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Depends what you want to use chief - they have a nice one which is 200 xNet + 500 sms for £30 pcm which seems reasonable. Supposedly for new customers only but if you stick the knife in far enough I suspect they will give it to you.

Guest PompeyBish

how many txt and how much call time do you use.. As NickLP says.. find a contract available on Orange or O2 that you like (don't worry that its for new contracts only because you are signing up for a new year, just the same) and tell them thats what you want.

I have 150mins and 250 txt for £25 which i top up with 4Gb of data for under £30

Guest jonhitch
how many txt and how much call time do you use.. As NickLP says.. find a contract available on Orange or O2 that you like (don't worry that its for new contracts only because you are signing up for a new year, just the same) and tell them thats what you want.

I have 150mins and 250 txt for £25 which i top up with 4Gb of data for under £30

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

4GB of data - that's an impressive deal. I assume you mean 4MB! The 4MB data bundle for £4 is good value and additional data isn't as expensive as most other networks.

There are some good deals out there including 200xnet min + 500sms for £30 or 300xnet min + 120sms (240sms for first 6 months) for £38. I'm sure you should be able to haggle a good price and hopefully this will actually reduce your monthly bills!

Guest jonhitch
I'm on 200mintues, 500 texts for £30 (plus, if you're a student you can get another 500, totalling 1000 :) which i have)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you honestly use 500 sms in a month (let alone 1000!). I usually use between 100 and 150 a month hence a 120sms deal is far better for me. I intend to use the option of having an additional 100xnet minutes instead of the 500sms.

It's all up to your usage. I'd recommend looking over your past few bills and checking how many minutes of calls, sms sent and data used so you can get something close to your needs.

Guest Russell@home
Can you honestly use 500 sms in a month (let alone 1000!). I usually use between 100 and 150 a month hence a 120sms deal is far better for me. I intend to use the option of having an additional 100xnet minutes instead of the 500sms.

It's all up to your usage. I'd recommend looking over your past few bills and checking how many minutes of calls, sms sent and data used so you can get something close to your needs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When texts were free on Orange I managed to use 1200 in 1 month and since they are itemised on the bill, it was on 23 pages!

They had to send it in a deep A4 envelope!!!

Guest PompeyBish
4GB of data - that's an impressive deal. I assume you mean 4MB! The 4MB data bundle for £4 is good value and additional data isn't as expensive as most other networks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oops my finger obviously has bigger expectations. :oops:

yes of course 4 GGGG Mb

Guest RazorD

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm a student! Its the best way of communication :)

Guest jackofall

Waited in this morning for my new M500 only to open the package when it arrives to find its a SPV C550!!!!

](*,)

Now I have to wait for them to send me a return envalope spend two days scanning it in and then another 2 days for delivery!!!!!!!!!

:evil:

Waited in this morning for my new M500 only to open the package when it arrives to find its a SPV C550!!!!

](*,)

Now I have to wait for them to send me a return envalope spend two days scanning it in and then another 2 days for delivery!!!!!!!!!

Was it the wrong phone in the right box?

Guest jackofall
Was it the wrong phone in the right box?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope C550 box and on the paperwork, I wouldn't mind but I even chatted to the bloke on retentions who put my upgrade through about the M500!

Apparently someone from upgrades is going to call me to ensure that I get my M500 sent out as soon as they receive the C550 back .... I'm not holding my breath though.

Guest jonhitch

](*,)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

D'oh!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.