Orange SPV M500 Released!

Guest Dade

Guest musicvan
Nope C550 box and on the paperwork, I wouldn't mind but I even chatted to the bloke on retentions who put my upgrade through about the M500!

Apparently someone from upgrades is going to call me to ensure that I get my M500 sent out as soon as they receive the C550 back .... I'm not holding my breath though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am still waiting for my M500, 1.5 weeks later after the original order was processed (see earlier email rant about OCS). I got a MOT V500 for my troubles along with a 99.99 bill which has still not been refunded, the V500 is listed as free!!

After numerous emails, phone calls and complaint letters I had to re-order another M500 which I am told is being shipped today. They did not have to wait until the wrong phone had been received back at the warehouse, but I did get conflicting messages each time I rang (some consistent policies would help matters). Was told that as long as I got an Returns Authorisation and a prepaid bag sent out they would process the order again.

Guest RazorD
well it looks like OSPS are finally shipping!!!

roll on tomorrow!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow :) only a week or so later than Orange in the end :D

Guest Behold

not to rub it in but i have had mine nearly 1 week now and trust me its worth the wait.... amazing phone. smoth running long batt life for a PPC and acceptable as a phone. the whole thing works just right.....

just looking for some cool software and games. Got monopoly but its not UK board..... :)

Guest zippy172

Orange sent me a text this morning asking me to call them on their freephone retentions line. Saying the M500 was freely available. So, called them up, expecting to be told I still have to wait until my last month (31st July) and then they could process the free M500 upgrade.

Got pushed almost immediately into retentions, spoke to a charming lady called Gemma, phone arrives tomorrow via Parcel Line to my works addy so I can accept delivery.

Result.

Guest RazorD
Orange sent me a text this morning asking me to call them on their freephone retentions line. Saying the M500 was freely available.  So, called them up, expecting to be told I still have to wait until my last month (31st July) and then they could process the free M500 upgrade.

Got pushed almost immediately into retentions, spoke to a charming lady called Gemma, phone arrives tomorrow via Parcel Line to my works addy so I can accept delivery.

Result.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hehe, i got that text too, got the phone a week ago, though :S

Guest artax

Just rang upgrades and was told 199 for the upgrade as my contract isnt up till 18 August :) Have changed to the OVP O2 100 Min 100 Txt tariff which will allow me to at least get the upgrade for 99 quid on the 18th which is something I suppose.

Dave

I've had my phone for almost 2 weeks now, just contacted MobileShop to see if they can match the OSPS offer and they can't. So, I may be phoning them up to return my current phone and just take the OSPS one instead as 4 months free is way more enticing than 3 months half price...

Also looking at ordering yet another one as my g/f still wants one... Looking at going to fones4free for that though as they're offering M500 on 2 year 200 min contract (so £27/month) with £135 cashback... Will prolly drop the contract down after the initial 6 months, but the line rental still ends up discounted :)

Guest Philpo
Orange sent me a text this morning asking me to call them on their freephone retentions line. Saying the M500 was freely available.  So, called them up, expecting to be told I still have to wait until my last month (31st July) and then they could process the free M500 upgrade.

Result.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Er How?? :shock: My contract enters its last month at the beginning of August. If i can upgrade early i want in!! Could you tell me if you spoke to Orange previously about the device? Or what the retentions number you were given was? You think i could just call and say i recieved the text?

I need this phone!!

Cheers in advance!! :)

Just got off the phone to upgrades, they say im due for upgrade on the 23rd of August but still wanna charge me £100 for the phone and the £75 upgrade fee!!

Someone help me out!

Edited by Philpo

Guest NikLP

Just spoke to Orange Exec. They were less than helpful.

I have many issues with this company and I was brushed aside really.

Now I have to wait days for a reply when I could just sack it off and go thru upgrades :)

That's if they actually ring back.

Guest marty81

My M500 was delivered this morning, Mum has put it on charge so its all ready for me to have a play when i get home later this evening :)

I got it from MobileShop in the end for free, after origianaly ordering through onestop, but I didn't find onestop that good to deal with :twisted:

Anyways I can't wait, my C500 is good, the M500 can only be better 8)

Edited by marty81

Guest zippy172
Er How??  :shock:  My contract enters its last month at the beginning of August. If i can upgrade early i want in!! Could you tell me if you spoke to Orange previously about the device? Or what the retentions number you were given was? You think i could just call and say i recieved the text?

I need this phone!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sozz...sms deleted almost as soon as they said I could have the phone for free :) It's easy enough to be pushed through to retentions anyways, simply phone 150, choose upgrades, then get them to transfer you through...

Guest RazorD
Sozz...sms deleted almost as soon as they said I could have the phone for free :)  It's easy enough to be pushed through to retentions anyways, simply phone 150, choose upgrades, then get them to transfer you through...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe its even easier, phone 150, choose "thinking of leaving orange", its a direct line ;)

Guest Philpo
Sozz...sms deleted almost as soon as they said I could have the phone for free :)  It's easy enough to be pushed through to retentions anyways, simply phone 150, choose upgrades, then get them to transfer you through...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok so i just got off the phone with Orange. I called upgrades, asked to be put through to retentions. After speaking for a few minutes she basically said that the best she could do the for was £50.

Apparently if your on a £25 p/m contract thats how much it costs. Im on the 120xnet and 250 txt contract and i did ask if i went on the 30p/m 200xnet and 500 txts would it be free. She replied by basically saying that it was a promotional tarrif and if i wanted that i'd probably have to cancel my contract and re-new it.

;)

I'm just trying to think what my options are. I am tempted by £50 but i really dont want to pay for a handset, when i never have in my life and people i know are getting it for free!

Any advice? :?:

Guest Pondrew

Don't assume because some members get incredible deals that anyone can. And I don't mean that Orange are actively being inconsistant as possible, rather that we all have a customer 'score' which is based on our average spend and the number of accounts. People wouldn't be getting expensive devices like the M500 (it's a Pocket PC remember!) free unless their average spend was over £25/30 a month and even then they might have a struggle given the rules on upgrades were changed to Orange's advantage last year...

Just had e-mail confirmation that the M500 I ordered yesterday afternoon from Fones4Free has been dispatched. RoyalMail have the parcel listed on their tracking website as extpected to be delivered before their guranteed time tomorrow.

So, that's the 3rd M500 I've ordered, and I'm still waiting for the first one - the one ordered from OSPS about 4 weeks ago to arrive... *sigh*

Not really sure what tariff I'm getting from Fones4Free - I tried to get one of the Business ones as I had previously been told by them that no proof was required and that I could be set up as a "sole trader".

However, in my order confirmation e-mail yesterday, they were asking for copies of a business cheque book or bank statement, etc.. I e-mailed back saying that I couldn't provide these and said that I'd like to have a different tariff instead - but didn't hear back about it.

Anyway, the "dispatch" e-mail from them still lists the business tariff though... Will have to wait and see I guess! Whichever, there's either £120 or £135 cashback - so my MobileShop M500 will be going back tomorrow :)

*sigh* And just spoken to OSPS - and despite being told yesterday that the M500 was in stock and that I could expect my phone from them in the next two days, I have now been told that they are out of stock and that I must have been quite far down the queue. I pointed out that I ordered from them almost 4 weeks ago and the guy just said "give it until Monday"...

Main thing is that I'm guranteed one from them - my g/f can have that one and I'll have the one from Fones4Free that I'm expecting tomorrow \o/

EDIT: If MobileShop had been able to match OSPS's deal (£120 cashback instead of juts £45), then I would have happily told OSPS to stick their order... However, Mobileshop can't and won't match it so they can have the phone back and I'll take the phones that come with £120 cashback ;) Tempted to place a 2nd order with Fones4Free now and then see if that can arrive before OSPS's... Could even run a book on it! :(

Edited by Hax

Guest Ducki

Hi guys,

Ive been following this post since page one and finally decided to register and post.

I have been having all the problems described with orange.

Im on a small business plan Talk Time share 200 with 2 handsets and spend about £50 a month with orange. Ive been outside contract since febuary waiting to upgrade to the M500 only to be told by OCS they want £99.99 for each handset!! When i spoke to retentions they told me the best they could do was £49.99 for one handset and £99 for the other. Now do you reccon I should persist with orange or wait for it to become a free upgrade or should I switch to T-mobile on a 200mins shared plan with free MDAs?

cheers

Guest zippy172

I'd drop them another call early next week.. I think it pays to be persistant. If nothing else you'll hopefully speak to someone else and they may push all the right buttons...

Guest Ducki

yeah, I think i may have just got a particularly unhelpful OCS person. If ppl on a £25 a month contract can get a free upgrade then I see no reason why I cant get upgraded free on £50 a month.

Guest flyswat

Stupid question but is the M500 in Orange shops yet? I don't want to trek all the way to my nearest Orange shop to find that they do not have them in yet?

Thanks

(yes I know, I am a little lazy).

Guest RazorD
Stupid question but is the M500 in Orange shops yet?  I don't want to trek all the way to my nearest Orange shop to find that they do not have them in yet?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Orange Swindon were supposed to call me when they got them (unless they checked my account and saw i already have it). So i'm gunna guess not.. but call your local store.

Guest mcwarre
Are there still supply problems with the M500 then?

Normally only business shops will have them in stock. If you go to a normal Orange shop they will have to order it for you...

Guest Russell@home
Stupid question but is the M500 in Orange shops yet?  I don't want to trek all the way to my nearest Orange shop to find that they do not have them in yet?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got mine on Weds from an Orange business shop in Brighton,they ran out of stock but got them in Weds

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.