Orange SPV M500 Released!

Guest Dade

Guest Behold

Hi All

Im new on this forum but im like most here hacked of with orange and there inability to be consistant.

The best response i had is its out on trial with business customers then released to public shortly/

The release price is unknown but is being aimed reasonably lower than the m2000.

Now i just spoke and they have said to me it is not to be released for public..... altho it is on the website.......

Grrrr this is actually getting me worked up.... its a phone!!!!! Any more updates from my side i will let you know......

dade the biggist issue i wan't to know about the phone is batt life can you comment on this yet???? Other from that i have used a i-mate and love it.....

Edited by Behold

Battery life is actually quite good so far. I cant give you actual figures just yet but I'd say about 50% better than the M2000.

As for Orange CS, dont they just drive you nuts, I think they must get special training to be that frustrating!

Guest rilazi

I just got one from Swiss and I'm living in Serbia. I find it locked only for ORANGE, can someone help me to unlock it and use it here???????

Guest jonhitch

They'd better release it for the general public or I'll be very annoyed! I'm holding out for this little beauty!

Orange CS may have there moments but I'd still like to stick with them. I think their coverage, pricing and general service are the best of the big 3!

Dade - if they don't realease the M500 then would you sell me one of yours dade :)

Guest confused and hungover
Dade - if they don't realease the M500 then would you sell me one of yours dadeĀ  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

from what i can see here in holland, it's only possible to get this phone on contract, i've not seen anyone selling the phone as stand alone.... if it did, i could have quite a good business shipping phones across the channel :D :D

>>free on YP200 with 4 months free line rental via cashback.

Have a look elsewhere on the forum to see why you shouldn't touch them.Ā  (Cashback is very difficult to get back - I sure as hell didn't)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See reestits site for the reasons for the cashback delays and what they are doing to sort it.

http://www.reestit-mutton.co.uk/

Specifically

08/06/2005

URGENT!!!

Did you purchase a K750i on Vodafone Anytime 200 from One Stop Phone Shop using my affiliate link? If so, read on...

AND

22/06/2005

INFORMATION

Regarding One Stop Phone Shop's recent problems

Guest Behold

Dade good to know the batt will survive a good day from sounds of it. i had a link for extended batt's somewhere and not enlarging it much.

as to Orange CS.... I hate the we can't do anything policy..... put it in writing...... i got told today if its not on screen there noone will know!!!! LOL

Shame really as orange are good normally......!

Guest tetstb

Rang the telesales line, it is available on new connections only for corporate accounts that have more than 50 handsets. Personal accounts and small business accounts estimate release is August but that depends on stock

Guest RazorD
I just rang CS and she assured me that I had got the letter wrong, the M500 doesnt exist, did I mean the C500......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was talking to someone last week about my Orange Care claim, while she was waiting for someone to get something for her, we chatted a bit about smartphones, i said i was thinking about the M2000, or waiting for the M500, she said knew about the M500 and was acting like it was due out very soon.

-Raz

Guest NikLP
I was talking to someone last week about my Orange Care claim, while she was waiting for someone to get something for her, we chatted a bit about smartphones, i said i was thinking about the M2000, or waiting for the M500, she said knew about the M500 and was acting like it was due out very soon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had a similar conversation last week actually, I rang and did my usual "I'm leaving you forever" spiel, and the nice lady told me that they had been briefed on the new handsets (M500/C550) and due to that fact she was expecting them in a couple of weeks. This of course does not give us any info on the business/personal or stock level arguments, but... FYI.

Guest tetstb

The annoying thing is how you get different answers from different peopl. In upgrades, she hadnt even heard of it and swore blind it didnt exist. She got quite defensive when I told her otherwise, almost makes it worrth just getting an MDA compact

Guest Behold

I have had a few say that there all getting Training on the M500. and some have had it. one reconds its to be out in july but will be awaiting the new july mag first. he estimated by guess aroun monday time.

But as we all know orange are in 34 dimensions on which the m500 is non exsistant in some!!!!

Just out of intrest i called 0500 80 20 80 and went to new contract i was told most likely end of august!...... Hmmmmm we should get the CS guys names and put on a bet on who we think might be right!!!!!!

Edited by Behold

Guest pisquee

I just called up business support (I am small business customer) guy went off to check it was available. It is only available to corporate accounts - small business and personal it is still coming up as under review - although the guy said that the computer systems are usually slow at being updaed. He didn't have a definate date for its release, and said it would depend on how well it is recieved by the corporate accounts, and how well they sell. He didn't think a more general release would be far off though.

Guest jonhitch

Perhaps July, August for others, Never for some. I wish they'd have a unified response. I could cope with August if only they were unified about it!

Guest Dade

I agree, its very frustrating to get different answers. I spoke to one of the senior CS team yesterday who said she was going to ensure that the CS team have the correct info so that they should all be singing from the same Hymn Sheet.

I wouldn't hold my breath! :)

looks pretty tidy!

how are you getting on with it Dade - in particular, how's the phone side of things hold up? Struggling to decide whether to go with the M500 or C550...

Edited by tik

Guest davem

Well I ordered one from OSPS on Wednesday afternoon, after being told by Orange CS that it didn't exist, even though I pointed out that OSPS were selling them, then being informed by Orange that I can't transfer my current out of contract number to the new phone (anyone confirm that this is indeed true?).

Anyway, my order status changed on the OSPS about 10 minutes ago from 'awaiting checking' to 'Awaiting connection to Mobile Network,Currently being picked'. Looks like I'll have it tomorrow morning! Shame, I won't be home, but hopefully a note on the door will see it left with a neighbour.

Guest Dade

Im really impressed with the quality of the voice on this phone. Very clear indeed.

The other thing is that the 'loudspeaker' on the device is situated on the back. Ringtones and Loudspeaker voice calls use this speaker rather then just using the main normal handset speaker. This makes for a very good quality sound.

The loudspeaker on my M2000 was awful and crackled big time when the volume went up.

Guest shakey68

It's taking all my concentration not to sign up via OSPS. My orange contract for my C500 runs out next month. The only problem is I don't know whether the M500 will be out officially via Orange to upgrade or whether they will offer the phone for free as OSPS. This is the tariff I want as well. Can anyone remember how it works with billing. How much will I have to pay on signup. Will it literally be just Ā£30 or is there a few other items I don't know about?

Guest Alsicole

My husband works at OSPS doing web stuff. I'm trying to get him to confirm they've got stock ready to go because if they have they can get the jump on Orange.

Guest mupwangle

>>that I can't transfer my current out of contract number to the new phone (anyone confirm that this is indeed true?).

As far as a know you can only transfer numbers between networks. Otherwise it's at the network's discretion (i.e. they don't *have* to do it)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.