Orange SPV M500 Released!

Guest Dade

Guest Dade
Ok I spoke to a girl in the Corporate area and she did me a favour and the phone is in the to buy section altho not released meaning it IS definatly coming out on domestic.

it also is unknown when but they have been told latest is first week in august but more likely within 2 weeks.

I belive stock is one issue for the delay.

I hope you are right but previous experience with the M1000 and M2000 launches would suggest that we would be looking a few months down the line for a domestic release.

Guest Behold

Im going to place a complaint in as i want it now!!! as a customer bringing in a few grand a year i deserve some priority....!

In practical terms there really isnt any difference between the Jam and the M500. The difference really is just cosmetic. Personally I like the design of the M500 better than the Jam, I prefer the squarer look and the 'titanium' colour case is nicer than the silver grey of the Jam. But this is just my opinion!

The rubber flap on the bottom, while I can understand why its there, is really annoying. Im defo getting rid of it, its not like I work in a dirty environment where its going to matter.

Im sure that a Jam docking cradle wont work on the M500 becasue of the difference in shape.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi. I was just wondering if the m500 comes with the latest rom build. I saw on another post that imate have just released an upgrade for the jam. You have noticed none of these bugs that the upgrade is supposed to correct?

Guest Dade
Im going to place a complaint in as i want it now!!! as a customer bringing in a few grand a year i deserve some priority....!

Sadly they dont seem to care! Are you Business?

Guest Dade
Hi. I was just wondering if the m500 comes with the latest rom build. I saw on another post that imate have just released an upgrade for the jam. You have noticed none of these bugs that the upgrade is supposed to correct?

Can you tell me what bugs I should be looking for? Nothings jumped out at me yet!

Can you tell me what bugs I should be looking for? Nothings jumped out at me yet!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, I dont know. I just assumed they had to be correcting something otherwise why would they issue a rom upgrade at all?

Guest MitchellO
MitchellO - Does the JAM not have the silly rubber cover over the USB and Headphone socket?

No, it doesn't. My stepdad has a SE k700i and that plastic flap is a nuisance. He took it off soon after getting the phone.

Guest Dade
No, it doesn't. My stepdad has a SE k700i and that plastic flap is a nuisance. He took it off soon after getting the phone.

Its silly things like that that make you wonder just how much real life testing has been carried out. If its something that annoys the user within the first day of use then it would suggest that there has been less than a day of product testing!

Guest confused and hungover

ok... i bit the bullet and went to orange this morning. i've picked up an M500 on contract, not too expensive. so far i have to say its bloody brilliant. everything that the c500 lacks, this phone has... including bluetooth active sync, a decent camera and external full sized SD/MMC card slot. yes, it takes MMC. why is orange in holland releasing this before UK??? more info to follow.

posted from my M500!!!!!

Guest commonpersonjustlykeverybody

what is really the difference of the m500 from imate jam/magician/compact/xda mini?

you are so obsessed with these handset, it's been out for quite a while. there's nothing so special with these. in fact orange just release a little bit late, other carriers jsut released thus handset since last year.

there's nothing change aside from the design. :)

Guest hunyango_uk

hmm..... you actually have a point there commonperson (just like me too :) ), so guys pls explain. it's not that i'm against the m500, well i like the design actually but aside from it what's the difference of m500 from imate jam?

Guest MitchellO

Just that, the design. The internals of the M500 are exactly the same as the iMate JAM, XDAII Mini and others. All they have different is the ROM software, and with the M500 the case.

Its strange that people are going gaga over this, when heaps of people have been using basically the same devices for over a year.

Guest commonpersonjustlykeverybody

so, there is no point in getting one of those m500? hey dade, are you an orange employee or in marketing position of orange. :)

Guest MitchellO

True. If you are with orange, or want to be, than this may be your only option to get the Magician. I personally don't like the front of the device. I like the back, but the device seems squarer than the Mini/JAM.

Without the indent where the buttons are sunk into the device would look better (IMO).

Guest Dade
so, there is no point in getting one of those m500? hey dade, are you an orange employee or in marketing position of orange.  :)

No I'm nothing to do with Orange in that respect.

The reason there is so much interest in this device is that people loyal to Orange, for what ever reason, have been waiting for the M500 for many months. We all know that the iMate JAM has been available for a while but that costs money. At least with Orange the handset price is subsidised, in many cases the M500 will be free.

A lot of it is down to personal preference. I prefer the look of the M500 over the JAM, I prefer the colour and the squarer shape but I respect that many other people like the JAM better.

Guest confused and hungover
I prefer the look of the M500 over the JAM, I prefer the colour and the squarer shape but I respect that many other people like the JAM better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i agree, i looked at both phones and the design of the orange one is so much nicer, the overal feel is better, i think it feels sturdier, like you could kick it about a bit (i actually dropped it down some stairs last night while drunk, seems ok though) and it's curvy in the right places.

i can't really compare the software with the jam cos i don't have one, but this has MP10, not sure if thats standard for these devices???

Guest Behold

Short update....

Was told today they are not releasing the M500 EVER on domestic... this kicked of a huge argument and i now am waiting a final answer tommorow on the status of this from higher up to find out if this is true and if so how i still can get one due to the fact i have been messed around and false advertising.

Will let you all know my outcome.

probaply be vague and ill neeed to keep kicking!!!!

Dade hows the review coming or you been busy?

Guest Dade
Short update....

Was told today they are not releasing the M500 EVER on domestic... this kicked of a huge argument and i now am waiting a final answer tommorow on the status of this from higher up to find out if this is true and if so how i still can get one due to the fact i have been messed around and false advertising.

Will let you all know my outcome.

probaply be vague and ill neeed to keep kicking!!!!

Dade hows the review coming or you been busy?

Far too busy for the review, had to work on some other website over the weekend.

I wouldn't worry about the M500, Im sure that it will be available to domestice customers soon, Orange would be fools to keep this business only. Info I have says that it will be a month or so.

Guest Dade
Yeah, keeping a device like this (one that their competitors offer) in the business section would be dumb.

But then again.... :)

Guest shakey68

well, I've ordered an M500 from OSPS. Couldn't wait for Orange to sort themselves out. Now I guess we'll have to see how long it takes for the phone to arrive.

not to alarm you but OSPS don't have it in stock yet either - I was told 'probably sometime this week', but to be honest don't think they know themselves. Good luck all the same.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.