Orange SPV M500 Released!

Guest Dade

Guest Dade
last week orange were saying it'll be available within 1-2 weeks.  this week there are no plans for release to non-corporate customers, and apparently 'coming soon' on their website means only coming soon for corporates (yeah, whatever).  all fun & games!

Im still being told that it will be released to non-corporate customers as soon as they have sufficient stock to fill demand.

That's encouraging Dade - getting a bit fed up of a different story from CS every time i ring to ask if it's available!

Any ideas of a timescale?

Guest ClintEastman

Can anyone give me a good reason not to port my number over to T-Mobile?

I’m just bored of Orange now, the amount of stuff I have done for them (all the testing I have been doing for them for years and almost 10 years of line rental I have given them!!) and they still treat me like some sort of moron. :cry:

not really. only reason i've got for staying is a tariff i wouldn't be able to get elsewhere (500 xnet & 120 texts for £25 a month) - otherwise i'd be off to t mobile for a free MDA.

Guest jonhitch

That's a fantastic tariff! I pay £35pcm for 200min Xnet and 100sms! Well worth staying with them I'd say.

As for me - iI'm wondering whether T-Mobile is the way to go, although I heard their data rates were poor? Any comments?

Dade - no pressure but do you know when you'll have the review finished. Eager to find out your thoughts!

Guest Pondrew
As for me - iI'm wondering whether T-Mobile is the way to go, although I heard their data rates were poor? Any comments?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

T-Mobile have traditionally been very expensive for GPRS outside of bundle (£7.50 a meg) but average as long as you stay in your bundle.

Well, I've been on the £15 for 10mb bundle for exactly that reason as I've never managed to use more then 10meg since getting my MDA III.

Received a text yesterday though announcing that from my statement date this month my T-Zones allowance (what they call their GPRS web bundle) would double to 20mb while remaining at the same price. Also that 'T-Zones' were being renamed 'Internet Bundles'.

So I just called customer service to lower my bundle (I don't need 20mb!) and am told I can now get 12meg for £10! Only problem was they couldn't make the change until the new statement date.

Gotta be another reason to go T-Mobile!

Edited by Pondrew

Guest Behold

Well im now regularly being told its not to be released yet on domestic as planned but its not final.

Im now awaiting 2 supervisors to get back to me after a pitch from marketing depo is obtained and if they can release a phone in anyway to a domestic.

Guest MitchellO

I wish we had deals like that. The only deal that is cheap over here is 500Mb (Called an unlimited plan though) for AU$50. Thats cheap, but I really don't need 500Mb! I'd love 10-20Mb for AU$20 though.

Guest MitchellO
Well im now regularly being told its not to be released yet on domestic as planned but its not final.

Im now awaiting 2 supervisors to get back to me after a pitch from marketing depo is obtained and if they can release a phone in anyway to a domestic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oooh, wouldn't want to give a phone to a lowly domestic customer :)

Guest farq001

I was in an Orange shop yesterday (Exeter, Devon) - the guy in there said the M500 is on the list and that it is DEFINITLY coming. He didn't know when or for how much though. He didn't say it was for business customers only, so sounds like it will be for everyone. At least someone in an Orange shop does actually know about it!!!

Just told by OSPS that M500 stock should be in at the start of next week...

EDIT: Pffft.... stop rubbing our noses in it Dade! :)

Edited by Hax

Guest mupwangle

>> (500 xnet & 120 texts for £25 a month)

I'm on something similar except I think I get 270 texts. :-D

My contract ain't up till November so I reckon it'll be out by then. Mibbe.

Guest NikLP

More rubbish feedback from OCS - just spoke to them and they still have no idea about the release date, although the chap I spoke to was helpful and did assure me that the M500 would be available a) soon and :D to DOMESTIC customers.

If that info helps anyone, then great.

Edit: PS, forgot to mention - he also said (in favour of the handset being released soon) that most of the CS people had been trained in it now, which made it more hopeful.

Also: @Dade: shove it! :)

Edited by NikLP

Guest shakey68
Just told by OSPS that M500 stock should be in at the start of next week...

EDIT:  Pffft.... stop rubbing our noses in it Dade! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Grrrrr. They just talk absolute rubbish. I was on the phone to them again today and they were telling me it was due to go out today and I would definitely be getting it tomorrow, no problems with stock. It really infuriates me. Surely it would be better for them just to say the same story as it would keep their phone queues down.

Well anyway, surprise surprise, my order status hasn;t changed, so I guess I'm not getting it tomorrow :cry:

Guest Matt Kirby
Want to raffle your spare? :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Go on Dade, you know you want to!

(Does this post count as raffle ticket number 2 :) ?)

Edited by Matt Kirby

Guest sleighty
More rubbish feedback from OCS - just spoke to them and they still have no idea about the release date, although the chap I spoke to was helpful and did assure me that the M500 would be available a) soon and :D to DOMESTIC customers.

If that info helps anyone, then great.

Edit: PS, forgot to mention - he also said (in favour of the handset being released soon) that most of the CS people had been trained in it now, which made it more hopeful.

Also: @Dade: shove it! :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thought I'd give it a try as well today ( as a business customer).....zilch. The very nice lady tried, I'm sure; they just don't know.

...a person with two M500's is a VERY NICE person!

Can I have raffle ticket no.3? :)

Guest Dade
We'll see who's smiling when Windows Mobile 2005 is released and Dade cant upgrade due memory shortage.

Im after the Eten m500 as it has 128MB.

Now Stop rubbing it in our noses and give it back to your work collegue :)

Actually both mine, one work and one personal. Our account now has 15 M500's.

Anywho, I'd be surprised, make that amazed, if an official rom update was released for the M500 making it WM2005 - Orange cant even release rom updates for bug fixes. Besides, in three months time we'll all have new handsets to play with.

Guest MitchellO

Dade, that screen is disraceful :) Now this is how clean a screen should be (although its impossible after about 5 seconds)

1001359small4xm.jpg

Man the screen is sooooo reflective!!

Guest Dade

Im just waiting for the JavoScreen protector I ordered to arrive. They are also less reflective than the screen, makes it a lot easier to see. Will ask JAVO if they want to do a group-buy.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.