Orange SPV M500 Released!

Guest Dade

Guest Russell@home

I just called OCS telling them that I would like to join O as a new customer & buy the M500 but I was told that the phone isn't released

Guest ClintEastman
so much for Orange offering the same to existing customers as new

I've just been told that only new customers can the M500

No surprise really

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where did you get that info?

Guest h3adl0ng

@ RazorD...

any chance you could add a meta tag (refresh) to your availability checker page pls...

eg

edit

Meant to say pretty please! :)

Edited by h3adl0ng

Guest RazorD
@ RazorD...

any chance you could add a meta tag (refresh) to your availability checker page pls...

eg

edit

Meant to say pretty please!  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I actually was really geeky once and got annoyed with Citylinks delivery site, and i coded...

www.gladdy.co.uk/refresh.php - it needs 2 parameters, u and t. U is the URL you want to refresh, and t is the time you want to do it (seconds)

So:

http://www.gladdy.co.uk/refresh.php?u=http...k/m500scan&t=60

And, actually! to save my server, you could just go direct from orange:

http://www.gladdy.co.uk/refresh.php?u=http...500/detail&t=60

you can use it for any page you like :D

Edited by RazorD

Guest mish78

hi,

I know this is kind of off topic but does any one know if you can set the menu or home screen to display text in landscape form.??

Guest samandiain
so much for Orange offering the same to existing customers as new

I've just been told that only new customers can the M500

No surprise really

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mobileshop.com have it listed as in stock.

For new customers signing up to talk 200 it's free.

I phoned this morning to get a price for an upgrade. The person i talked to at 9:02 this mornign assured me they were in stock and were being sent out today. She said she didn't have an upgrade price available at the moment, and would call me back.

I rang them again at 5 in th afternoon. I spoke to another person who was able to find a price of £149.99 to upgrade, but they didn't have any in stock yet...

£149 for an upgrade when new customers get them free?

I'm tempted to get the Qtec S110 instead. ( same as jam, compact and m500, but with 128 MB of ram.)

Has anybody had good/bad experiences with mobilefun.co.uk?

Iain

Guest ClintEastman
I'm tempted to get the Qtec S110 instead. ( same as jam, compact and m500, but with 128 MB of ram.)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmmmm... Tempting.....

Guest Davey Mc

I have to say im tempted to leave Orange. I have been promised a call back from the manager today or someone from the exec department and it has not happened, i called 3 times and each time was promised a call back and one was a supervisor i spoke too. There a joke, they have no customer service.

Guest samandiain
i wish i could work out how to unsubscribe to this post..... every morning i open my mail to find hundreds of "someone has posted a reply to a topic you have descibed to"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Taken from the bottom of the notification email:

You can unsubscribe at any time by logging into your control panel and clicking on the "View Subscriptions" link.

Guest craigp

[Thicko question comin' up]

Does the extra memory in the Qtec S110 mean that it will is able to be upgraded to Windows Mobile 5 when it becomes officially available?

(I think the answer is no but this is the one and only thing stopping me from buying a Jam of any kind)

Cheers!

Craig

Guest Pondrew
Personally I think T-mobile's coverage is rubbish. I can't get t-mobile at home but can get the other three big networks, I can even get 3g!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Funnily enough I left Orange because they had next to no signal where I live unlike T-Mobile who manage 2bars!

Still, when I broke down in Scotland recently, wouldn't you know it, no signal!

Guest pdaxtras
(pmiddleton @ Jul 13 2005, 13:31)

Yep, Ive been trialing one of these for a few weeks now, it is indeed an SD and not a mini. Imagine my delight when I took the mini sd out of my c500 and it fitted into the card slot with a few mm to spare on both sides. They dont work very well like that do they Had to go buy a new sd card. Bummer. Also for those of you with line 2 on Orange...be aware that this device does not support line 2. Other than that Its all cool.

Pez

Edited by pdaxtras

Guest Davey Mc

its right, i seen it on some spec somewhere which said no line 2. Everywhere i have looked it does say mini sd though so its not its just an sd card

its right, i seen it on some spec somewhere which said no line 2. Everywhere i have looked it does say mini sd though so its not its just an sd card

Its a standard SDIO slot as in full sized SD not Mini-SD. Orange made a mistake in their advertising.

As for Line2, both lines will ring in but you can't switch to and make calls out of the second line.

Guest pdaxtras
As for Line2, both lines will ring in but you can't switch to and make calls out of the second line.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can live with that, because I have my office Lnadline on permanent divert to Line2. I would Just need to access the voicemail on line 2 from my line 1 account.

Would it tell me if there were new voicemails on line 2 Dade?

Guest paddy_mcnulty

Just to add another part to this post.

I read somewhere earlier that you are not supplied with any SD card for this phone in the box. Does anyone know why. I know that The Orange supplied ones aren't great but they are useful stop gap until you can buy a bigger card (I have a C500 so I given all my old SD cards over to my Mum with my old SPV). I just thought they'd put something in there. Oh well, suppose it depends when we get it....I can wait until end of August (upgrade time) but not sure whether to hold on till later in the year of WM5 based phones...

the size of this one though seems ideas ideal - I just couldn't get used to using the M2000 as phone

Just to add another part to this post.

I read somewhere earlier that you are not supplied with any SD card for this phone in the box. Does anyone know why.  I know that The Orange supplied ones aren't great but they are useful stop gap until you can buy a bigger card (I have a C500 so I given all my old SD cards over to my Mum with my old SPV).  I just thought they'd put something in there.  Oh well, suppose it depends when we get it....I can wait until end of August (upgrade time) but not sure whether to hold on till later in the year of WM5 based phones...

the size of this one though seems ideas ideal - I just couldn't get used to using the M2000 as phone

No SD card in the box. I assume this is to keep the price low?

Guest jonhitch

That's a real shame. In Holland I thought it came with a 512MB SD card! Why can't these suppliers release phones in all places, at the same time and with the same offers , accessories etc?!

Guest Davey Mc
That's a real shame. In Holland I thought it came with a 512MB SD card! Why can't these suppliers release phones in all places, at the same time and with the same offers , accessories etc?!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah on holland i understand you get a bluetooth headset, i need one cos my battery is broke on it, only get about 1 hour of talk now. has anyone contacted Orange today to see whats happening

Guest confused and hungover
yeah on holland i understand you get a bluetooth headset, i need one cos my battery is broke on it, only get about 1 hour of talk now. has anyone contacted Orange today to see whats happening

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

in holland it comes with a 512mb sd card but no bluetooth headset. not a free one anyway.

Guest pdaxtras

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess that comes down to logistics and stock availability, I wouldn't like to be in charge of a roll out that was worldwide

As for the cost of the SD card, they are so cheap nowadays that it really doesn't bother me if there is not some useless 8mb card that I can't use in the box.

Guest Russell@home
Am I able to upgrade my phone with One Stop Phone Shop?

One Stop Phone Shop is able to upgrade any Orange, T-Mobile and Three handset, after the 12 month initial term has been completed. For our latest deals on Orange, T-Mobile and Three call us.

so I call them...

OSPS: what phone are you interested in?

Me: SPV M500.

OSPS: how many minutes are you looking for?

Me: I am on Talk120 & want to upgrade.

OSPS: Sorry we don't do upgrades, only new contracts. goodbye.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.