Orange SPV M500 Released!

Guest Dade

Guest jamesb
:) No worries! It is Sunday morning after all! :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, still feeling fuzzy and having to turn up the TV to hear it over the sound of alcohol induced turmoil going on in my stomach.

Mobileshop it is - didnt take long to see what people think of osps!

This is not so... They are called 'Select' Tarriffs and only Retentions can offer them.

I just renewed my contract and got 750 xnet minutes anytime with 120 free texts all for the measly sum of £35/mth. I thought it was a bit of a bargain actually... :) Had to go for the SE K750i though as there was no M500 at the time... but you can't beat O for matching 3.

You'll need to threaten to leave... ask for your PAC number... let them cool off... call back a few days later and then say... "I thought I'd call back just to make sure you don't want to keep me as a customer and offer me xxxx." If they don't bite don't worry as the PAC will just expire.

Best of luck. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's good to know - I'm on Select 500 (with 120 free texts for £25). Cheeky ****s told me last time I renewed that I didn't know how lucky I was to have that since they'd stopped offering Select 500/750 to anyone who hadn't got in on it a year or two back. According to Orange, there was no need to continue offering Select 500/750 since 3's customer service was so bad it made no sense to switch. Obviously blatantly lying to your customers constitutes industry-leading cust service, then :D

Guest samandiain
Has anyone tried the deals that Coolsmartphone.com have on the m500? The Tarrifs look good to me and they 'say' that it is in stock

Clicky Clicky

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

coolsmartphone.fonetasticwarehouse.com is the same company as mobileshop.co.uk - if oyu look at the contacts page, you'll see the address is:

FoneTastic Mobile

c/o MobileShop.com Ltd.

Millennium House

I think the offers should be the same on both sites, but coolsmartphone only does smartphones.

Guest s.alban
This is not so... They are called 'Select' Tarriffs and only Retentions can offer them.

I just renewed my contract and got 750 xnet minutes anytime with 120 free texts all for the measly sum of £35/mth. I thought it was a bit of a bargain actually... :) Had to go for the SE K750i though as there was no M500 at the time... but you can't beat O for matching 3.

You'll need to threaten to leave... ask for your PAC number... let them cool off... call back a few days later and then say... "I thought I'd call back just to make sure you don't want to keep me as a customer and offer me xxxx." If they don't bite don't worry as the PAC will just expire.

Best of luck. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excellent; ideally i'd like them to offer me the student package but doubt they would do, so doing it your way will mean i can call up and say 'either give me the student deal, select 500, or my PAC number'.

Sweet!

Guest RazorD

I spoke to a guy a month back about moving to the student package, he said no, BUT since then i've noticed that the students terms now say existing customers too :)

BUT, when i rung up about it, to get the student deal (for existing customers), you have to go to a store to proove it to em.

Edited by RazorD

Guest Pondrew
If it wasn't for the fact i prefer the styling for the M500 (and the cheaper data) I would be on T-Mobile now!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Out of curiousity how much is Orange GPRS data now?

Just that T-Mobile just changed their tariffs making them more competitive. I'm on £10 for 12meg and next tariff up is £15 for 20meg.

Guest sleighty
Out of curiousity how much is Orange GPRS data now?

Just that T-Mobile just changed their tariffs making them more competitive. I'm on £10 for 12meg and next tariff up is £15 for 20meg.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Girl at T-mobile shop quoted me 200 x-net mins and 55MB data for £41/mth with free MDA compact. The minutes cost about £23 on their own so thats £18 for a shed-load of data! As that is how I connect my laptop usually, its a BIG incentive for me to leave Orange now. :)

I'm currently on 25MB for £16 (I think) on Orange

Edited by sleighty

Guest Pondrew

My father's been offered (and refused as he doesn't need) the 55meg bundle. Don't remember the specifics but thought it was about £20-25 which is a ridiculously good deal IF you have use for so much data!

Guest sleighty
My father's been offered (and refused as he doesn't need) the 55meg bundle. Don't remember the specifics but thought it was about £20-25 which is a ridiculously good deal IF you have use for so much data!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Think I've used that this month just reading this thread! :?:

Guest jonhitch

Orange data is still slightly cheaper. Although the packages with T-Mobile are competitive the additional cost for data outside the bundle are much higher

Orange 4MB = £4 (£1/MB after); 10MB = £8 (80p/MB after); 25MB = £16 (70p/MB after); 80MB = £41 (65p/MB after)

T-Mobile 6MB = £5 (£3/MB after); 12MB = £10 (£3/MB after); 20MB = £15 (£1/MB after); 55MB = £25 (£1/MB after)

So if you know roughly what you'll use then T-Mobile packages are similar in cost, however be careful if your GPRS use is a little unpredictable!

Taking into count the fact that you can pick up an MDA compact for free instead of £100 you may not worry about spending an extra couple of quid on data!

Guest allydent

Well I've done it, taken the plunge.

Cancelled my orange contract, taken out another one as a new customer, student package, M500 on it's way!

Means I have to tell everyone/remember my new number, but apart from that I've done okay.

Shame that after the amount I've spent with orange they couldn't offer me a better deal than as a new customer.

Guest NikLP

Cancelled my orange contract, taken out another one as a new customer, student package, M500 on it's way!

Means I have to tell everyone/remember my new number, but apart from that I've done okay.

Shame that after the amount I've spent with orange they couldn't offer me a better deal than as a new customer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The fact that this kind of scenario is actually in any way advantageous to the customer is frankly ridiculous. They should be giving existing customers the kind of treatment they are purporting to be giving. This treatment in actual fact does not exist, nor has it ever.

The idea that I can get a better deal, spending less money, getting more stuff, better phone etc whilst merely losing my existing phone number is so bizarre it's almost a joke. However I need to keep my phone number - I'm over a barrel, right?

This does not seem like the kind of treatment that should exist to 'keep my business'. In fact, I can't believe it's inside the letter of the law, vis a vis trading standards... it's just plain farcical.

Guest shakey68
Woo-hoo - 2 minutes pass 9 and it's here! :)

Just took a quick piccy of it sat next to my mouse for size comparison - it's actually smaller than I thought it was gong to be - my mouse looks liea monster next to it!

M500.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well took the plunge and ordered another phone from Buymobilephones. Unfortunately they're currently out of stock but are expecting more tomorrow. Lets hope they have more luck than One Stop Phone Shop! Out of interest. The fourteen day cancellation period most phone places operate under. Does it begin when you receive the phone or when you click "agree" to the terms and conditions? Just wondering as I haven't cancelled with one stop phone shop yet. :roll:

Still got my OSPS pending - my other half has decided that she likes my phone now and that she'd like one too.... So, hopefully get that one for her soon :)

Guest furby

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You could always buy your old number back, I did it once not sure how much it costs these days (£80 i think). Bit pricy, but at least you can. I think the network hangs onto your number for quite a while.

Think I might go for the M500 now, much better than paying £100 to repair my c500 :shock:

Guest ClintEastman
The fact that this kind of scenario is actually in any way advantageous to the customer is frankly ridiculous. They should be giving existing customers the kind of treatment they are purporting to be giving. This treatment in actual fact does not exist, nor has it ever.

The idea that I can get a better deal, spending less money, getting more stuff, better phone etc whilst merely losing my existing phone number is so bizarre it's almost a joke. However I need to keep my phone number - I'm over a barrel, right?

This does not seem like the kind of treatment that should exist to 'keep my business'. In fact, I can't believe it's inside the letter of the law, vis a vis trading standards... it's just plain farcical.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Stupid isn't it!! I now spend less and get more, all this and i have only lost my old number (not a biggy, have my old number converted to a Pay as you go account and left a message on it quoting my NEW number).

If i didn't prefer the look of the M500 (to the pther varients) i could have had all this AND keep my old number!! What Orange are telling us is, your better off with someone else.

So as a NEW Orange customer im asking them to "Sort it out!!".

Guest scott2eyes

I'm amazed at how badly Orange have fumbled the ball with Smartphones. 2 years ago, they were the only option for Smartphones, and were doing good deals (ie. free SPV, free MPx200 etc.) Now they are selling the M500 for £100 when the equivalent phone on T-mobile is free. In fact, the M2000 equivalent on T-mobile is cheaper than the M500 on Orange at £79. (£250 on Orange...)

If they were providing a superior customer service, thanks to their 2 years of experience with the MS mobile platform, then I could possibly consider staying with them. But I can't see myself sticking around come upgrade time in December. In fact, since my (uninsured) C500 got nicked, apathy seems to be pretty much the only reason I've got to stick with them for that long...

Makes the current marketing campaign into little more than a joke.

Guest allydent
You could always buy your old number back, I did it once not sure how much it costs these days (£80 i think). Bit pricy, but at least you can. I think the network hangs onto your number for quite a while.

Think I might go for the M500 now, much better than paying £100 to repair my c500  :shock:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've actually downgraded my contract to PAYG, so I will still have the old number on a different sim. I doubt there's any method for transferring this back to the new contract down the line. I'll have had to give out the new number by then anyway.

The OCS man I spoke to in retentions was very helpful, and claimed I wasn't the first that he'd dealt with to do this over the M500.

I'm amazed at how badly Orange have fumbled the ball with Smartphones. 2 years ago, they were the only option for Smartphones, and were doing good deals (ie. free SPV, free MPx200 etc.) Now they are selling the M500 for £100 when the equivalent phone on T-mobile is free. In fact, the M2000 equivalent on T-mobile is cheaper than the M500 on Orange at £79. (£250 on Orange...)

If they were providing a superior customer service, thanks to their 2 years of experience with the MS mobile platform, then I could possibly consider staying with them. But I can't see myself sticking around come upgrade time in December. In fact, since my (uninsured) C500 got nicked, apathy seems to be pretty much the only reason I've got to stick with them for that long...

Makes the current marketing campaign into little more than a joke.

I'm with you on this one. Orange totally under estimate the potential for the SPV range. They should market these handsets.

When this was suggested to them in the past they came back with 'Orange don't market handsets'.

Guest ClintEastman
I've actually downgraded my contract to PAYG, so I will still have the old number on a different sim. I doubt there's any method for transferring this back to the new contract down the line. I'll have had to give out the new number by then anyway.

The OCS man I spoke to in retentions was very helpful, and claimed I wasn't the first that he'd dealt with to do this over the M500.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like the first guy i spoke to (Matt if i remember rightly), the second person though couldn't wait to get rid of me (from the call AND Orange).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.