Opera releases

Guest Jakob

Guest James
Opera 8 for Windows Mobile is signed with a Mobile2Market privileged certificate. Most of today's devices are shipped with this certificate. The only exception is devices sold by Orange and Verizon that require specific certificates.

Opera 8 for Windows Mobile will therefore not run on these devices until we have received the needed certificates and signed the build. We are doing everything we can to speed up this process. As soon as we have the required certificates, an updated version of Opera will be released.

wonder why mine works then???

someone try running these on your phone then try again.

CheckLock_and_ResetSecurity.zip

Guest fozzie
wonder why mine works then???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well bu**er me sideways...

IT WORKS :D

Where did you get that little beauty from James? My phone has security turned off using the official Orange security setting tool. There must be additional security on the phone that it doesn't turn off!

Cheers :)

Guest Pagemakers
I definitely do NOT agree with the comments on Opera Mobile. I used the Beta and now the Release Version. OK, OK, there is a pending problem with the C500 and also with the registration. I believe though, that it will be fixed soon.

Opera is, IMHO, far superior to IE (Frames, Speed, etc.)

And as far as importing IE Favourites are concerned: it can be done. I have posted the way to do it on the Opera Forum. You need Bookmarkbridge to do it (freeware). It goes as follows:

1. You need to have Opera on your PC, thats a prerequisite.

2. Run Bookmarkbridge. This will take your IE Favourites and convert them to Opera.

3. Go to Program Files (or Programme in German) on your PC

4. Got to Opera

5. In the Opera Folder, open the Defaults folder

6. There you find a file named "opera6def.adr"

7. Copy this file to somewhere on your PC

8. Rename it to "opera6.adr"

9. Copy this file to your Phone to \Storage\Application Data\Opera

10. Your are all done.

Cheers

Hans

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you import bookmarks into the smartphone if you don't have Opera on your PC?

Guest RickDawson
I get the following message:

Error

DMProcessConfigXML failed

(0X80070005)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.