10 reasons NOT TO BUY a windows mobile smartphone!

Guest med3d

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I've been using a 6630 recently and it suffers from all the problems in the original post, in fact the only benefit it has (and the reason i put up with it) is the _fantastic_ camera, it really is amazing.

However, other than battery i have had none of the problems above (if you like, dig out my uber start menu post in Off Topic from a few years back, the e100 could handle a LOT more than 25 installed apps ;p)

C550 should be a nice replacement camera and back with the much more intuitive software over Symbian...

Guest simon11

I have an spv e200. I think the phone is great but I am ready to upgrade. My battery never lasts more than a day even with the update. Must be the bluetooth.

Don'tknow whether to get the c550 or the m500!

Guest usdiver

I personally agree with what was said about helping others...Since coming to this forum I've asked a few stupid questions...got no replies to a few posts due to them maybe being boring, but overall, it's the best site I've been on...as well as the most interesting so far. I have the c500s and though I think it's not the 3rd generation, (and I'm patiently waiting for dust to accumilate, but it hasn't so far), it's the best phone I've had...can do the net, videos and pretty much anything I want (almost)...but well worth the money paid, battery life is great... and I've received a lot of advice and help from other fellow members and at the end of the day that's why we are all here...( I think)...to help each other, learn, as well as to have a few laughs...I know nothing about the mpx200 but windows smartphones have proven their worth.

Guest commonpersonjustlykeverybody
I'm sorry, but posts like this serve no purpose other than to fan the flames of an argument. Sure, most of us here will disagree with most of what he says. But as Smartphone users, we should be smarter than that. We should respond to his post in a civilised, polite manner and even go so far as to help him fix any problems with his phone, or suggest ways in which he can get more satisfaction from it. Not call him names.

:roll:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I personally agree with what was said about helping others...Since coming to this forum I've asked a few stupid questions...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well i do agree with you sponge and usdiver of what you said about helping others, but in case you didn't know it's like that his mocking all the windows smartphone users.

as you can see on his title on this thread 10 reasons NOT TO BUY a windows mobile smartphone! I'm tired of this crap!

would you think guys that he is asking for some help, or promoting not to buy a windows powered smartphone. in the catchy phrase of his title i think he do wants to challenge us using wm smartphones. the question is does he own a wm smartphone or just trying to make a story? if he owns one, he's not going to moan or complain coz even the first generation of smartphones are great, now if he is going to ask some help probably he can ask it in a better way and not the way he did on this post.

thank you. peace everyone. :)

Guest Dracan

I used to have an MPX200. It was using Smartphone 2002. It was bloody terrible. Menu's were slow, sometimes it would hang for up to 1/2 minute for no reason. There where quite a few design bugs that annoyed me - for example, if you use sms delivery reports, you had to exlicity turn it on for each message! etc, etc. I loved the handset (that's the reason I bought the phone) - shame the OS let it down.

I now own a C500 (Smartphone 2003). 100x better. I don't have any of the problems that I had previously. Very nice phone. It's a shame the handset is nowhere near as nice as the mpx200. Still, it's a longway off ugly. Upgrade and you'll be so much happier.

Guest mupwangle

>>for MED3d, i think you are hanging on a wrong place. this is our turf!!!

Stop it. You're not helping anybody by being a dick.

Personally I don't think I'd consider changing back to a non-windows based phone. I know the early orange phones and the mpx200 had some suckiness but I honestly believe the c500 kicks ass. If some people believe that the series 60 phones are better then fair enough. It doesn't make all that sense posting in a way to wind people up on a windows mobile forum though.

Guest awarner [MVP]
I used to have an MPX200.  It was using Smartphone 2002.  It was bloody terrible.  Menu's were slow, sometimes it would hang for up to 1/2 minute for no reason.

You will probably find that was the terrible JMMS application. One app I never use and with that removed all was fine.

There where quite a few design bugs that annoyed me - for example, if you use sms delivery reports, you had to exlicity turn it on for each message!  etc, etc.  I loved the handset (that's the reason I bought the phone) - shame the OS let it down.

Yep that was down to the OS on all first generation Smartphones

Guest commonpersonjustlykeverybody

sorry mupwangle. well i'm not acting as a dick or being one.

probably, the only that annoys me is people who post a message in a very insensitive way among smartphone users. why can't they just post something like help them with their phones in a nice way. everybody knows that this site is mostly for smartphone and ppc powered by wm. now if you think i'm acting as a dick, think again. would you please read again his title on this post.

again peace for everyone 8)

Guest hubono

Chill out guyz.

I understand where he is coming from. Maybe he had a bad experience with the mpx200. we all did but we kept our moths shut. I changed from the mpx200 to smt5600 and to tell you the truth, i cant imagine going back to the mpx200 again.

yeah i like the design of a calm shell and yeah my friends think its a good looking fone, but it had problems.

after the 5600, there is no other fone. all the issues that were mentioned were mostly fixed. the only thing that i still kinda miss, is different ring tones for different profiles. like in the nokias, you could have a ringtone for the normal profile, another ringtone for the loud profile and so forth.

anywayz, lets not flame each other. everyone is entitled to have an opinion, if it bothers anyone then dont bother your self by answering the offensive post. its just a waste of time and bandwidth.

cheerz

Guest Marizu

It's quite a thought provoking post, though. I've been using SPV & C500 (followed by a brief spell on the Asus P505) for a couple of years and there are a lot of awkward features in the phones.

I just got a Fuji MP100 mobile printer that prints via IR direct from a mobile but if i want to print a picture, I have to:

1. click camera button

2. choose picture from my camera's thumbnails

3. select the rename option so that I can see the filename

4. open Smart Explorer

5. find the file by the filename

6. transfer it via IR

The same goes for transferring anything by bluetooth. Nothing Smart about that phone :?:

This could be an operator limitation but it is what I get from Orange UK.

Let's open the debate rather than getting defensive about our toys.

I really love the Smartphone concept (and the PPC Phone) but it's not perfect.

M

Guest med3d

Well,

thank you all for your numerous answers.

You've been so many to be reactive to my post. Indeed I was pretty tired of the MPX200 when I had to do a hard reset.

Maybe I was a little strong by telling people not to buy a windows mobile device but I still think that Microsoft got to improve its OS and when the C550 is cheaper, I'll get it (I live in Belgium and the C500 is really expensive).

However I'm terribly shocked by the rude attitude from a common fellow who'll recognize himself. His behaviour was useless and this is why I did not react. Anyway most of you have been very smart.

Now I use my smartphone only for calls so the battery lasts 3 days.

The only point I have mistaken is about the virus: there aren't. Or we don't know them.

Thanks to Modaco members ! ! !

MED3D

Guest Confused Stu

Very adult and restrained response Med3d - nice to see you didn't just come back with the abusive flaming that, in honesty, I probably would've done.

=D>

Hope you get the phone you deserve soon, mate.

Guest hunyango_uk

i apologize for my very immature reaction about you, i should have help you instead of mocking you med3d. hence, we should be very careful of what we post here coz not all the member here is as mature and calm as few members here that have post a positive message here. i admit, i made a mistake of mocking you too.

i'm sorry, my sincere apology. and for all the guys here that was disappointed by my reaction, i apologise too.

well, you go on and get a c550 now coz the deals are very cheap now. :)

Guest simon11

I used to own Erricson and Nokia phones for years. I was converted when I bought my first smartphone. Chatting on the forums, fiddling with add ons and hard re-sets. Playing with different tunes for ring tones rather than Brr brr. All the third party software. Sorting out all the niggly problems with other users. Waiting with baited breath for an imminent upgrade.

You have more than a phone with a smartphone you have a way of life.

I wouldn't entertain changing to anything else.

BRILLIANT!!!!!

Simon.

Guest Confused Stu

Simon - from your description, you appear to be leading a parallel life to myself!

Does that mean you're sleeping with my bird too?!??! COS IF YOU ARE, I'M COMING FOR YOU!!!!! :twisted:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Sir Max

Everything he said was true...

About an SPV e100 - Mine was utterly useless.

But I thought id try Smartphones again and go for the c550 :)

- M

I can understand that there is some bad smartphones out there..lol The ad on ebay with the poor lad selling he's Motorola200 made me laugh so hard my stomach still hurts..ouch :)

But I simply LOVE my C500. I have had it since october last year and I like it more everyday. The screen is in a class of it's own, the phone is not slow enough to irritate me(never crashed or frozen), it has everything I need, fun games, memory (currently 1GB), mp3 works like a charm, and it's so slim I bring it everywhere! And I think it has a sleek and attractive design, without being TO much. Battery life is a dream come true, 4-5 day's between charging!! And connecting it to my PC is also a painless experience, easy and quick transfers. 8) Text messaging works well, the buttons is fine, the rocker was difficult to get used to at first but is no longer irritating (it took 1 day of use, and either the rest of the phone is so brilliant it makes up for it, or the rocker design has gotten more flack than it deserves), the only bad thing: DUSTand lots of it under the screen ahhhhrrgg!! Have had to send it in so they can remove it once. I'm afraid to open the phone incase i mess it up. I love my C500 so much I'm afraid I will never love a phone so much again, maybe there will be a loooong time until I find a good enough replacement. I have high hopes for the C600, but I'm prepaired to stick with my C500 for another 2 years if I have to. ;)

Edited by anna

Guest James

if you think the C500 screen is in a class of its own, you better see the C550 screen! with 240x320 pixels in the same size!

crisper that a extra crispy crisp. :)