[INFO] Decert + SIM Unlock C550

Guest Zone-MR

well I might try this as well...The only problem is...were can I set my internet connection to "pass through" on the SPV. I have been searching in "data connections" and tried to see the settings I have in there but could not find it. I also tried to see the settings in my internet explore but could not find it either. so please tell me..were do I find that "pass through" connection setting?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Confucious

Spider

You cannot use Pass through until you get AS working. Get that sorted first. Then it's under settings -> data connection -> internet - set it to automatic and when you are connected to your PC it will use pass through instead of GPRS.

I am suprised that the registery hack has not worked, it worked fine for me (you did reboot your phone after making the changes?). Set it back to what it was before you do anything else.

Good luck.

Edited by Confucious

@ Confucious

well I guess u are rigth. I will try to work on the AS issue now...and wait for the decert thingy....however I can inform u that I have rebooted the SPV several time but still the same :cry:

Regarding the REG DB setting, I do not know what it was before, as another guy already tried to do it for me, but he didnt succeded either, so I got the SPV whith the REG hack already made. If you know the values please let me know.

I was also thinking..could it be usefull to hardreset the SPV? and start all over? and if so how is it done? like SPV C500 or? Maybe you could sent me the link to a post which describes this. Thanks in advance.

Guest PPCPassion
@ Confucious

well I guess u are rigth. I will try to work on the AS issue now...and wait for the decert thingy....however I can inform u that I have rebooted the SPV several time but still the sameĀ  :cry:

Regarding the REG DB setting, I do not know what it was before, as another guy already tried to do it for me, but he didnt succeded either, so I got the SPV whith the REG hack already made. If you know the values please let me know.

I was also thinking..could it be usefull to hardreset the SPV? and start all over? and if so how is it done? like SPV C500 or? Maybe you could sent me the link to a post which describes this. Thanks in advance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can do C500 style or go to Start>accessories>clear storage and it will reset the phone to factory default setting. If I were you, I would also download the latest version of AS (if not already done). Also delete the old partnership from desktop. Open AS on desktop when phone is NOT connected, go under file, highlight the smartphone partnership and then delete. Thsi way you will start afresh and hopefully it should take care of this issue. You can back up your data just in case but I'll not restore from it. Good Luck!

Guest PPCPassion
App unlocking the C550 on the Orange developers site worked first time for me, all I needed to do was use Action Register first.

Don't forget if you are not in the UK or are not using an Orange SIM (in the UK) you need to application unlock using passthrough and not GPRS.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do have SIM unlock and app unlock phone but I am still having some problems listed below, any advice/help would be highly appreciate:

1. I had Unlocked C500 phone before C550 and using file manager, I was able to move all the temp files under storage>windows>app mgr to sd card to free up some space. I am unable to perform this with C550? I get an error msg"temp file xyz could not be moved" or something like that. I did double check the app unlock values 1 and 40 as discussed on page 1. I can install any program and can delete any user installed files/programs except system files?

2. Sprite software: For some strange reason, it goes back and forth in privieged and unprivileged mode? Now it's stuck in unpriviliged mode. I tried contacting sprite software but I guess their website has been down for the last 2 days or so. I have read on this forum lot of people having trouble with Sprite back up, is there any other good back up programs out there? I have seen Sunnysoft or something like that but don't know if its good or not.

Thanks

Guest PPCPassion
I do have SIM unlock and app unlock phone but I am still having some problems listed below, any advice/help would be highly appreciate:

1. I had Unlocked C500 phone before C550 and using file manager, I was able to move all the temp files under storage>windows>app mgr to sd card to free up some space. I am unable to perform this with C550? I get an error msg"temp file xyz could not be moved" or something like that. I did double check the app unlock values 1 and 40 as discussed on page 1. I can install any program and can delete any user installed files/programs except system files?

2. Sprite software: For some strange reason, it goes back and forth in privieged and unprivileged mode? Now it's stuck in unpriviliged mode. I tried contacting sprite software but I guess their website has been down for the last 2 days or so. I have read on this forum lot of people having trouble with Sprite back up, is there any other good back up programs out there? I have seen Sunnysoft or something like that but don't know if its good or not.

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just want to share updates of my C550 issues listed above. After setting the app unlock reg to 1 and 40 as discussed on page 1 of this topic, I was still having some problems with Sprite back up as noted above. Then I thought of using Tweaks2k2 program that has an option of app unlock. I used that option and voila! sprite back up and option to transfer and delete files work now. I went back to check the registry, the second registry where we change the value to 40 was reverted to 16??? Don't know why but it works.

Note: PLEASE note that before making registry changes as noted on page 1, I was UNABLE to use TWEAKS2k2 app unlock option as it would not accept the check mark under that option. I just want to thank you for describing the process of app unlock. So I guess in my case it was reg hack plus Tweaks2k2 hack combo that worked...who cares, as long as it works, right? Thanks guys.

Guest PPCPassion
How can I decert and sim unlock a c550, without an OrangeSimcard and from Argentina, where Orange service is unavailable?

What is pass through and sprite backup?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pass through is using active sync. Meaning your phone is connected to internet via PC/Active sync. Once you connect the phone to PC (which is connected to internet of course), you have an option for pass through connection. If you go under

Start>setting>data connection settings, you will see this option once connected to internet via PC. Once connected go to this site:

http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdef.aspx

Note: Above method is only for app unlock.

and follow the prompts. Be patient and read any error messages you may get. Sometimes, it may take 2-3 attempts to get the phone app unlocked. If you don't mind paid service, check out this link:

http://www.imei-check.co.uk

Above link is for Sim unlock without Orange Sim card. FYI-You can check out eBay, I have seen people selling orange sim card for a buck or two.

Sprite makes a nice back up program and lot of us were having some trouble making it work, that's why there was mention of Sprite in my prev post.

Hope this helps.

wooooohhhuuuuuu....I got it up and running....I got i up and runnning.... I tried the SPV developer unlock for the 2nd time and then it worked...I am not sure why it didnt work the first time but for sure it works now :o

Well so far so good...the other day I had to charge the SPV trough my USB, and then suddenly it asked me if I wanted to create a partnership...hell yes I want....and it has worked ever since....Now I just have to figure out how I can sync specific folder and calender items as I have 2 different calenders and inboxes in my outlook and I only want to sync one of them....(if you have any idea please let me know)....well I just wanted to let you know :(

Guest Confucious

@Spider - glad you got it sorted at last :o

One addendum to what PCPassion said, under Data Connections if you select Pass Through it will only work when you are connected through a PC, if you set it to Automatic it will use Pass Through when connected and GPRS when you're not.

HTH

Guest jjwerrett

hiya when bout my SPV C550 yesterday the camera worked fine, but after unlocking the device and made sure it works on o2 which did the camera has gone all weird like the pictures and all are as if there mixed colours and blockie, has or can anyone dump the C550 rom or know where can download it from. as since the unlocking tool the free way it just made the camera go all weird nothing comes through it looks liek it been drawn with crayon

thanx

Guest jjwerrett

could do be a faulty handset as seen there another gentlemen who attacted a picture of his phone camera picture taken of his office/desk and mine is just like that, but i dont know how it came from a camera working fine to it just going like this with a weird effect

thank you

Guest jjwerrett

anyone got any ideas why my C550 just went from a perfect camera to all messed up after unlicking it with this free tool is it something written to the rom or just a fault handset

Guest PPCPassion
Please HELP me it keeps saying unable to change value when changing from 2 to 1 and 16 to 40 can anyone please help

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you using reg editor in the first post? Because if you use any other reg editor that is not signed by HTC/Orange, you will get this message. Try downloading from the first post. I was getting the same message until I realized that I need that particular reg editor. I am assuming you already have your phone sim unlocked?

Good luck.

Guest Confucious
anyone got any ideas why my C550 just went from a perfect camera to all messed up after unlicking it with this free tool is it something written to the rom or just a fault handset

Just a faulty handset. IMHO

Guest tejasmi5

Hello, i bought my 550 in the UK and got it unlocked by paying the 20quid online and it works perfect with my O2 chip and my Orange chip. But I also have a US Cingular chip and i get a SIM Failure code 262144. Anybody have any idea as to how i can use this phone with my US chip???

Guest Confucious

If Cingular are on 850Mhz the C550 will not work as it is tri band 900/1800/1900 and does not suport 850. Having said thst the C500 used to just not work and didn't return an error. I've not seen this erreor message before.

Guest Bikerboy
I just want to share updates of my C550 issues listed above. After setting the app unlock reg to 1 and 40 as discussed on page 1 of this topic, I was still having some problems with Sprite back up as noted above. Then I thought of using Tweaks2k2 program that has an option of app unlock. I used that option and voila! sprite back up and option to transfer and delete files work now. I went back to check the registry, the second registry where we change the value to 40 was reverted to 16??? Don't know why but it works.

Note: PLEASE note that before making registry changes as noted on page 1, I was UNABLE to use TWEAKS2k2 app unlock option as it would not accept the check mark under that option. I just want to thank you for describing the process of app unlock. So I guess in my case it was reg hack plus Tweaks2k2 hack combo that worked...who cares, as long as it works, right? Thanks guys.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

Having followed PPCPassion's post, I've run into problems. I also simply want to get Sprite Working on a Sim unlocked c500 O2 phone in order to backup, in particular, configuration settings.

1. I carried out the regedit as per page 1 of this post.

2. I then bought (ouch! :roll: ) sprite (ignoring the dire warnings of using Orange locked phones.

3. I then used Tweaks2k2 and checked the unlock option in security

4. Then I installed Sprite - unlocked version AND

nothing - it told me it couldn't run on a locked phone.

5. I then uninstalled Sprite and installed one of the other versions M2M and Version?) - I was warned that some file could n't be removed as they were in use??? Otherwise the other version installed and ran BUT

6. I am in Unprileged Mode (i.e. no backup of the system files - Agg.... :x

Anyway, if anyone can help with a clear walkthrough - eternally grateful etc.. :o