How do I get a free upgrade to an M500?

Guest nickb23

tried today.

out of stock, but got my pak code..

was going to be £180 for an upgrade, i have 2 lines averaging £60 a month.

getting a t-mobile mda compact now...pity..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

did not work for me, tried it with orange and they said m500 for £60, my bills are between £30-£40 per month. so had to ask for pac code and go else where. cant understand it. :o

stu

Guest Br1an_g

just ordered a 128 mb version on o2, for £39.99 with a similar contract to my orange contract.

had o2 phone before and was ok, customer service was not so good, but hey, not like i phone them every day..and i have you guys if anything happens with the phone :o

Guest milesunder

Orange have seriously gone down in my estimation. I have been with Orange for the last 8 years and never had a problem with them until 2 weeks ago. I have two active accounts, one for the girlfriend and the other for myself, both with C500's. The aniversary for the phones was the 18th August. I phoned Orange a week before this date, went through the whole I want to leave Orange routine and they gave me a M500 for free and wrote off the upgrade fee for my account, for the other account they said that I would have to wait until the 18th to upgrade. When I phoned up after the 18th they told me the phone would be £129.99, I tried retentions and they told me the same thing. In the end I got the PAC code, bought an MDA compact, Copilot and Bluetooth headset from DialAPhone for £49.99 and moved to T Mobile.

My phone has a whole 12 month contract left but I am going to sell it on Ebay to fund the disconection charge from Orange and buy an MDA.

It's a shame but Orange really don't know how to look after their customers anymore.

Guest farq001

I tried retentions, asked for PAC code etc and said T-mobile are giving them away free. They still wanted £180 for an upgrade. My bills are not that high (about £25), though my last one was £50. I'd have been happy if they'd have just reduced the price to something more reasonable - but they said there is nothing they can do. Seem's Orange really don't care about existing customers.

Anyway got my PAC code and have ordered an MDA compact for free on £23 a month tariff! :o :(

Another winner here ! Im on Talk 120 with Text 120 and my contract ended today. I average about £40 spoke to Diane and she said free upgrade but they are out of stock !!. Ive got it put on my record that im due a free M500 when they update the stock.

Keep trying folks - get straight through to retententions and give them a sob story - tell them about the Tmobile deal.

Guest Br1an_g
Another winner here ! Im on Talk 120 with Text 120 and my contract ended today.  I average about £40 spoke to Diane and she said free upgrade but they are out of stock !!. Ive got it put on my record that im due a free M500 when they update the stock.

Keep trying folks - get straight through to retententions and give them a sob story - tell them about the Tmobile deal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yep, i tried retentions, and told them about the t-mobile offer but they wouldnt budge on the 180 fee.

ended up better for me as i got a Qtek s110 with 128mb memory for less than orange were 'offering' it.

Guest RickDawson

My contract is up this month. the website always says £88.12 upgrade fee.

It has said this for quite a few months now.

anyone know?

Is it because I am only on YP-120 online (120mins 30txt) £15 per month?

my average bill is around £22 (inc 4mb data bundle)

Guest mcwarre

The website will say that; ring OCS and speak nicely they can waive the upgrade fee if in the last month. With your spend the phone will probably cost £79 (ish)

I have reserved my M500 ready to be picked up on monday, when my contract ends. I have been told that it aint gonna cost me a penny, which even suprised the staff at the orange shop. I guess sometimes brand loyalty is rewarded (been with orange for 6 years now.)

From what i've heard from friends and previous posts that threatening to leave and move to anther network usually garantees a free phone.

Guest farq001

I'd been with Orange for nearly 5 years now - didn't make any difference to them - they still wanted £180. I spent a few weeks - and several phone calls to Orange - trying to get the price down. Don't know why I bothered - I've now got the same device on T-Mobile, on a £23 a month tariff and have kept my number. Now that HTC devices are appearing on more than just Orange, and considering that there isn't much between the network coverage of the big 4 networks, I can't see any reason not to move networks each time I want an upgrade. Put it this way - moving networks is far less hassle than dealing with OCS or Retentions! :o

Guest mupwangle

I spoke to an orange shop about an hour ago and they said £100 on a sub £50 contract. Sod that.

I've just cancelled an order with Mobileshop for an M500 because they don't have any (yes, I know their site says they do) and didn't have the courtesy to let me know 3 days after ordering. OCS are out too and the shops don't have many. Is there a supply issue?

I bought a S110 on o2 (200mins+100 txts £30pcm (double mins+texts for 3 months) for nowt. Can't be arsed chasing around for an M500 just for the priveledge of staying with orange.

Guest akki007

I don't understand why people are having problems upgrading. My contract runs out on 25th sept (200 anytime @ £25 month), I phoned OCS yesterday (6th Sept) and told the very nice girl that I was thinking of leaving as I saw a T-Mobile offer with a free M500. She said I will talk to disconnections and see what they say. Put me throught to a nice chap who said I can have a 300minute anytime, 500 texts and free M500 as soon as they are in stock.

No hassle whatsoever. Free all the way!

I had the samething with Orange, after first call they did not want to give me anything, but on the second try I got upgraded to Premier 600 for the same price as Business 400, a free M500 and £190 credit towards the price of a Sat Nav package as Orange do not do CoPilot. All this with 5 months left to go on contract and a monthly spend of around £70.00. :o

Guest mcwarre

Peeps,

It is all down to your talk plan cost (if new customer) or the average of your last 3 months total bills (if you are a current customer. Lesson learned? Make sure your average spend for the last 3 months is over £25 before asking; if it is under then you will pay for it........

Guest hunyango_uk
I spoke to an orange shop about an hour ago and they said £100 on a sub £50 contract. Sod that.

I've just cancelled an order with Mobileshop for an M500 because they don't have any (yes, I know their site says they do) and didn't have the courtesy to let me know 3 days after ordering.  OCS are out too and the shops don't have many.  Is there a supply issue?

I bought a S110 on o2 (200mins+100 txts £30pcm (double mins+texts for 3 months) for nowt.  Can't be arsed chasing around for an M500 just for the priveledge of staying with orange.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't understand why people are having problems upgrading. My contract runs out on 25th sept (200 anytime @ £25 month), I phoned OCS yesterday (6th Sept) and told the very nice girl that I was thinking of leaving as I saw a T-Mobile offer with a free M500. She said I will talk to disconnections and see what they say. Put me throught to a nice chap who said I can have a 300minute anytime, 500 texts and free M500 as soon as they are in stock.

No hassle whatsoever. Free all the way!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the problem is, when is the availability of this device. my contract ended yesterday too, and same thing they also say that "the unit is out of stock." i'm on £25/month, and still charge me £29.99 for this device. and my other is due next year, probably they'll change their way of robbing the customers with their upgrades so ican stay with that number next year. but now, the inconsistency of the people from orange is really pi***** me off.

i'm thinking of getting the superjam now, with 128mb memory. does anyone knows the exact link of the deal on tmobile or o2? orange, look out for the competition. :o :( :lol: lots of people are going to leave if you are going to charge your customers, i mean charging loyal customers (probably not anymore :P ) with soaring amount of sterling on upgrading.

yeah i think i might try the jam, and get the pac code for my number that was due yesterday. hey orange give your loyal customers a bargain so they won't leave.

Guest farq001

I got my T-Mobile MDA from BuyMobilePhones.net. It's free on Relax 100 (£23/Month) with free delivery. If you order before 2.30pm they do next day delivery. Unfortunetly I was at work when they delivered so my MDA Compact is sat at the depot waiting for me to pick it up. :x

Almost forgot - the same site do the Q-Tech S110 on O2 for £25 a month - will cost you £39.99 though - or you can get it free on a £30 a month tariff.

Edited by farq001

Guest Br1an_g
Almost forgot - the same site do the Q-Tech S110 on O2 for £25 a month - will cost you £39.99 though - or you can get it free on a £30 a month tariff.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thats teh one i got :o

Guest mupwangle

>>Almost forgot - the same site do the Q-Tech S110 on O2 for £25 a month - will cost you £39.99 though - or you can get it free on a £30 a month tariff.

Mine's due tomorrow from them. Don't believe the next day delivery though. I phoned to confirm delivery address and the guy said that they hadn't got round to sending it yet. (I ordered it yesterday morning!) He did say, however, that they're showing stock of the S110.

Is the MDA compact the same as the S110 or the S100?

Guest icedancer
i spoke to a man, he told me that he couldnt do any negotiations, and so i asked to speak to retentions/disconnections.. i told them about the satnav deal on t-mob and they said ill have it for free, but i have to upgrade to a +£25 price plan.. the one i was interested in was the off peak 1000, but then he told me that only 200 of these 1000 mins are x-network so i told him that there was inconsistency as the orange shop had told me otherwise.. then i had told him that im unhappy and he said that i can keep my tariff and have the phone for free!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have two phones and been with Orange about 10 years but have been increasingly disillusioned by decreasing service standards and increasing costs. Decided last month that I would change from my old 200min per phone to a bussiness tariff - bad mistake. Several bad conversations with OCS and I still don't know what I have been sold, but it is not what I bought.

Today decided that I have had enough and phoned disconnections. They told me that at £70 to £100 per month that I am a very occassional user and were not bothered if I left. No upgrade of any sort let alone an M500! I was a bit miffed at this and put the phone down. My contract runs out on 18 September. Now it's time to get the code. Sod Orange

Guest mupwangle

when I said about buymobilephones.net and said the next day delivery is a con - I wouldn't count on it being delivered within a week - even when it's meant to be in stock. Ordered on Wednesday morning first thing and they tell me today that it *might* be monday, but since they've said tomorrow every time I've asked I told them to insert it somewhere warm.

I'm really, really annoyed.

Guest Br1an_g
Ordered on Wednesday morning first thing and they tell me today that it *might* be monday, but since they've said tomorrow every time I've asked I told them to insert it somewhere warm.

I'm really, really annoyed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so did you cancel? or are you waiting?

i had a problem with my address, so re-processed it and they confirmed it was dispatched today..so heres hoping.