How do I get a free upgrade to an M500?

Guest nickb23

Guest hunyango_uk
Wow.. seems orange have got tough after the launch :o

I feel sorry for you guys :( Good luck!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well let's see who's tougher, the people in orange promised to give the m500 and if monday no one gave me a ring from orange i'm definitely leaving.

and why are they not giving such good deals, like i said the competition now is tough. they'll regret the time that customers leave orange.

Edited by hunyango_uk

Guest stranger

just a word of advice...

NEVER buy a fone from one stop phone shop their service is appalling. i have been waitin nearly 2 weeks now for the M500 and they said its still not in stock but every time i speak to an advisor they say something different. bunch of liars!!!

gota wait til tuesday and even then mite not get it. man i hate this waitin game. any idea when the M500 actually came out in the UK? if i waited a month is there any other fone that would compete with it?

Guest mupwangle

>>so did you cancel? or are you waiting?

I cancelled in a fit of pique. Which was pretty dumb as no other company could deliver it before monday now anyway. I've ordered it from someone else on principle. ;-) They've definately got them now - they told me mine was being shipped as they spoke to me. I just went on me high horse.

>>NEVER buy a fone from one stop phone shop their service is appalling.

I've only bought from them once and didn't have a problem with the original order. Cashbacks are a different story!

>> i have been waitin nearly 2 weeks now for the M500 and they said its still not in stock

I phoned them and they told me they didn't have any and didn't know when they would. Orange themselves reckon at least a fortnight.

>>any idea when the M500 actually came out in the UK? if i waited a month is there any other fone that would compete with it?

Ages ago. If you are looking now then the I-mate Jam, Qtek S100, O2 XDA Mini and T-mobile DA Compact are all the same phone as the M500 but in a different case. The Qtek S110 is the same phone with a 64b memory upgrade.

The next phone due out is the HTC Wizard. Basically an M500 with Wifi and a slide-out keyboard running windows mobile 5 rather than 2003se. There is some debate about the processor though. Going by how long it took Orange to launch the M500 I wouldn't expect an orange version soon. Qtek are releasing it (apparently) by the end of this month as the Qtek 9100.

Going

Guest euphoria3k
when I said about buymobilephones.net and said the next day delivery is a con - I wouldn't count on it being delivered within a week - even when it's meant to be in stock.  Ordered on Wednesday morning first thing and they tell me today that it *might* be monday, but since they've said tomorrow every time I've asked I told them to insert it somewhere warm.

I'm really, really annoyed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I ordered my phone from them a couple of weeks ago and i got mine the very next day! There obviously seems to be a supply issue at the moment :roll:

The only problem i had was Orange not activating my account for a week - turns out they had canceled the original order!! :??: :??: :??:

Edited by euphoria3k

Guest penfold2k4

Just to add to how varied people's experiences of Orange are:

Been with them for 6 years.

Admittedly on the cheapo E50 tariff so my total bill is never more than £25.

Quoted £180 for upgrade which I thought was pricey but given my low bills didnt moan about too much.

Read the stuff on here and tried it on with them.....threatened to leave etc.

They didnt seem bothered, not offered upgrade for free.

In the end just paid up like the mug I am cos I just wanted the phoen without the hassle of changing companies etc.

End of the day.....not had a bad 6 yrs from them so thought it was worth it.

Too soft?

Well I've just dumped Orange. Sick of waiting for stock of the M500 in the online and high street stores, ordered a Qtek s110 for £39, £25 per month on o2. The extra 64mb of RAM is nice too! Should get it Monday :o

Guest hunyango_uk
Well I've just dumped Orange. Sick of waiting for stock of the M500 in the online and high street stores, ordered a Qtek s110 for £39, £25 per month on o2. The extra 64mb of RAM is nice too! Should get it Monday  :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ei, cloda can you give me the exact site where you get s110. and have you got it already. thanks.

Yep, thats the one, thanks Br1an_g. I ordered on Thursday night, it was despatched Friday, should have my new toy tomorrow. Hope its a good replacement for my C500, I was sad to see it go, sniff. Had to spend the last week with a Nokia 6100 :o

Yep, thats the one, thanks Br1an_g. I ordered on Thursday night, it was despatched Friday, should have my new toy tomorrow. Hope its a good replacement for my C500, I    was sad to see it go, sniff. Had to spend the last week with a Nokia 6100 :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

same one as i ordered, Friday night, nothing Saturday so hoping they will deliver 2morrow..however, i work 7am-7pm to will need to collect on Tuesday...

will keep my c500 till i decide if i like it 8)

Guest stranger

ive noticed that many of you actually get upgrades directly from orange. why dont you cancel with them and go to an online dealer like the ones mentioned and get it for free on £16 per month (on orange again)?

wouldnt that work cheaper? or are there other complications i am unaware of? just a thought anyway...

Guest hunyango_uk

call orange and finally, i ask for PAC CODE AND DEFINITELY WILL LEAVE THEM. They say last week that the m500 is out of stock at that moment so probably sometime last week will arrive, and a while ago they say the M500 is discontinued. I don't know who the F*** i'm going to listen now, they're all bunch of liars.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ORANGE!!!

Probably by the end of this year half of your customers whom you been charging with loads of sterlings and not giving the proper sevice will leave your network.

No consistency among all the staff....... does that means they are all making up things.

YOU'RE ALL LIARS!!!

Guest hunyango_uk

They didn't even give a fight and give me a nice deal or offer me any phone that i might want or lower my monthly payment without changing my free minutes.

guess they are happy to loose their customers, the person whom i spoke with just say "ok".

Edited by hunyango_uk

Guest dazultra

Hi guys,

Just curious to know about folks who have ordered from buymobilephones.net, ive just gone for the S110 on O2, and it said in the email that they will notify me when they have sent the order - do they do this by phone or email?

Cheers,

Daz

Hi guys,

Just curious to know about folks who have ordered from buymobilephones.net, ive just gone for the S110 on O2, and it said in the email that they will notify me when they have sent the order - do they do this by phone or email?

Cheers,

Daz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ordered mine Thursday night, got 2 e-mails on Friday morning, one saying it was authorised, and the other saying it had been dispatched.

arrived this morning

i would class that as a great service so far..so i have no complaints.

Got mine today too, looks like its going back though...wherever there's black text on grey backgrounds theres a red band across the screen, reckon its goosed. Excellent service so far from buymobilephones.net, lets see how good their returns are.. :?:

Got mine today too, looks like its going back though...wherever there's black text on grey backgrounds theres a red band across the screen, reckon its goosed. Excellent service so far from buymobilephones.net, lets see how good their returns are.. :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

havent turned mine on yet.... :o

Guest mupwangle

>>Just curious to know about folks who have ordered from buymobilephones.net, ive just gone for the S110 on O2, and it said in the email that they will notify me when they have sent the order - do they do this by phone or email?

I ordered from them at 10am on Wednesday morning after being let down by mobileshop for the M500. Was told they had stock and it would be sent out straight away. Had to fax my work address to them. They say next day delivery for orders done before 2.30pm. Phoned them to check delivery address and it hadn't been sent out. Phoned on Friday and it hadn't been sent out. Miraculously it suddenly was ready to go and was literally about to be posted. Stupidly I went in a strop and cancelled. Otherwise I would've had it today. If you're interested they're part of A1 communications in Nottingham.

It seems that the M500 is disappearing from most websites (including Orange's) Have they dropped it or are they going to replace it with a super-jam or the the Wizard?

It seems that the M500 is disappearing from most websites (including Orange's)  Have they dropped it or are they going to replace it with a super-jam or the the Wizard?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

they have the wizard as their coming soon phone.

Guest dazultra
ordered mine Thursday night, got 2 e-mails on Friday morning, one saying it was authorised, and the other saying it had been dispatched.

arrived this morning

i would class that as a great service so far..so i have no complaints.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just received the same 2 emails this morning, cant wait!! :o

Guest mupwangle

>>they have the wizard as their coming soon phone.

Really? Orange hasn't announced their version of the Wizard AFAIK. Their site shows the Universal as coming soon - no other smartphones.