Latest News for the MoDaCo Summer Event 2005

Guest Monolithix

Guest Pondrew

Guess whose shift got put back an hour. That's right, I'm at work today of all days and now don't get out until 1600. Then it'll be a train from East Croydon...

Hope to see y'all at the end tho!

Guest RazorD

Right, got my pocket streets map of london with a pushpin for microsoft's building, and my GPS ;) Better get ready now, train leaves soon :)

See you soon!

Guest Confucious

OK - I can't find the address of where we're going? Anyone help me out or am I going to be wandering round soho all afternoon....

Edited by Confucious

Guest RazorD
OK - I can't find the address of where we're going? Anyone help me out or am I going to be wandering round soho all afternoon....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Microsoft London

Microsoft House

10 Great Pulteney Street

London W1F 9NB

Guest RazorD

Well, i made it :) I'm posting this from the apple store (hate the standard mac keyboard!)

12 o clock now, ill start walking down to the building in a minute i think ;)

Guest Pondrew

humph. You guys have all the fun. :cry: I'm stuck here at work.

Wonder if the gadgets will still be working when I arrive... didn't someone kill the MPX100 last year?!

Guest Pondrew

Well, my day's gone from bad to worse. Still stuck at work and was meant to finish half an hour ago ;)

The funniest thing is a couple of hours ago I thought I'd be able to get away early... fat chance.

If I didn't make it for the end I want you all to know that I'm never going to forgive you! :twisted: :)

Guest dolphinsmile

Thanks for a fun and informative time.

Although I arrived late and missed out on the Orange goodie bag (They gave me an Orange football to make up for it). I met some charming people and had a go on the SPV M5000.

Unfortunately I had to baby sit otherwise I would have hit the pub with all the others.

What a shame someone tainted the event by stealing the c550.

Thanks again.

PS I wanted to ask if and when modaco will do a podcast?

Just Remembered about the man I met from PDA he didn’t have a name badge and I didn’t get around to asking. We struck a conversation about flux challenge my favourite game and he mentioned that Flux challenge 2 was in the works, as the quiz was in full swing I’m lacking further information.

Edited by dolphinsmile

Guest RazorD
I wish that I was there!

anyway: could participants upload photos to flickr.com and tag them with "modaco" tag ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There was one guy who i think was the offical photographer, or something ;) I didnt notice anyone else with a camera (apart from all the camera phones, of course :()

Was a great day (even if Paul did say im a trouble maker! :(, and i'm still desperately trying to figure out how!), and i got a cool orange football to play with now.

I was sooo tempted to start shouting "willllllll" (did anyone used to watch TFI friday? :D) during the pub quiz, (even if it was a fix!).

Thanks to everyone there ;) it was a super day, hopefully ill be able to make the winter event (if its in birmingham, i'll definately be able too - being in aberystwyth :D)

Shame i couldnt stay for the pub. That was partly cause i was tired and partly cause i wanted to get back (and hey, im just in time for the x-factor).

Did beersoft manage to not get kicked out? ;)

Finally! Thanks to Chris (Mono) for organising the whole thing. You did a fantastic job (even if the pizza was cold :))

-Raz (Liam)

P.S The M5000 rocks!

Edited by RazorD

Guest RazorD

Oh! and for those of you who knew about my split-at-the-bottom orange bag.. It made it hope, before finally giving way and dropping everything on the floor outside my house ;)

I heard a rumour there was a C600 there too, was that true? :) And, if it was, what HTC device is it?

Edited by RazorD

Guest uzi_999

RazorD - i remember your bag split at the bottom - it was because you stuffed the football into it!!

the photographer was james/jlowap's brother!!!

Guest RazorD
RazorD - i remember your bag split at the bottom - it was because you stuffed the football into it!!

the photographer was james/jlowap's brother!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was either that, or walk around with a big orange football in the middle of london!

But, its ok! My mummys going to mend it for meee! :)

Guest casper508

Another great event organised by Orange and MS and ofcourse the efforts of Chris. Had a great day, met some nice people. Shame the C550 got nicked and am having serious doubts about the XBOX raffle. Its the 2nd time Will. :)

Cas

Guest dazza12

A big thanks to Mono for a good day, and to Modaco in general. Got to meet several of you, and hope to come to the next one. Hoping it's a bit closer to home, anyone up for a meet in Bristol?

I do hope the C550 thief gets what's coming to them, was really looking forward to winning that one!

Good event and fun had by all I feel...

Shame about the C550 not good, leaves a bad taste in mouth really...

O and I forgot my goodie bag which I'm annoyed about as I really wanted the TV shirt... They were great this time too

:@

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.