Orange Extended_ROM File list and priority please?

Guest NikLP

Guest chucky.egg
Somebody did mention about attaching the GPRS settings CAB, which would be great, as I don't want to install all the Action engine junk.

If you call Orange 156 they can send you the GPRS settings by SMS. Lazy, but it works

Obviously the first thing is to backup any existing data using Activesync, but ...  after doing the hard/soft reset trick and restoring your data from the backup file, won't it just install some of these programs again?

Sync'ing with ActiveSync just copies your Outlook data (contacts, calendar etc), so it wont reinstall any apps.

If there are apps that you want to reinstall, that were originally installed via that PC, you can choose to do so. Its not automatic though

I went to Program Files and some of the programs appear to be installed in here.

That's probably just poor cleaning up after apps have been uninstalled. After a Hard Reset they should all be gone

If you call Orange 156 they can send you the GPRS settings by SMS. Lazy, but it works

Sync'ing with ActiveSync just copies your Outlook data (contacts, calendar etc), so it wont reinstall any apps.

If there are apps that you want to reinstall, that were originally installed via that PC, you can choose to do so.  Its not automatic though

That's probably just poor cleaning up after apps have been uninstalled.  After a Hard Reset they should all be gone

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes - I think it was me who said I was going to post the GPRS settings - the ones in the repository don't do too well for SPVs as far as I can see - certainly not the Pocket PC ones anyway. This idea above seems ok -will prob cost a quid or something, but frankly the alternative is to wade thru pages of cack adjusting the settings manually or installing some more Orange bloatware (BOO!). I didn't find the settings I wanted and I've not hacked it adequately enough to post anything further on the matter. If someone else has, let's hear it! I have no GPRS - although I don't tend to use it all that much anyway.

There is NO POINT trying to back up your phone before the hard/soft reset hack - you will lose all your data by hard resetting and then put the stuff back on that you don't want with the restore - not good! Best thing to do is

1) hard reset

2) soft reset asap

3) delete existing partnerships with ASync

4) cradle device to get new partnership

5) install software etc

If I've got any of that wrong please post equivalent (correct!) answers.

Guest modularcarpet
I didn't find the settings I wanted and I've not hacked it adequately enough to post anything further on the matter. If someone else has, let's hear it! I have no GPRS - although I don't tend to use it all that much anyway.

I finally took the plunge and did the hard/soft reset trick.

Before I did it, I wrote down all of the connection settings by hand.

Laborious I know, but it only takes about 5 minutes to get it all working again.

Apologies for the length - hope someone finds it useful. Prevented the need for all the Action Engine junk.

Here goes:

Start > Settings > Connections >

Connections

-----------

Advanced > Selecet Networks > New

General Tab

-----------

Name Orange World

Modem Tab

---------

New... [create 3 connections: internet, WAP and dial-up]

Orange WAP

----------

1. name: Orange WAP

2. Select modem: Celular line

3. click next

4. enter number +447973100500

5. click next

6. (Username: Orange) (Password: multimedia?) (domain: blank)

7. Advanced tab (data bits: 8) (parity: none) (stop bits: 1) (flow control: Hardware)

8. Terminal: all boxes unticked

9. TCP/IP tab: (use server assigned) (slip: unticked) (software comp: ticked) (header comp: ticked)

10. servers tab: (use server assigned)

11. ok > finish

Orange GPRS WAP

---------------

1. name: Orange GPRS WAP

2. Select modem: Celular line (GPRS)

3. click next

4. Access point name: orangewap

5. click next

6. (Username: blank) (Password: blank) (domain: blank)

7. Advanced button: TCP/IP tab: (use server assigned)

8. servers tab: (use server assigned)

9. ok > finish

Orange GPRS Internet

--------------------

1. name: Orange GPRS Internet

3. click next

4. Access point name: orangeinternet

5. click next

9. ok > finish

Proxy tab

---------

This network connects to the interent: ticked

This network uses a proxy server: ticked

Proxy server: blank

Advanced

--------

Connection Server Port

---------------------------------------

HTTP blank 80

WAP 192.168.71.35 8080

Secure WAP blank 9203

socks blank 1080

type: socks 4

[The above was supposed to be a table, but I can't get it to format correctly - it keeps on deleting the tabs or white space]

Advanced > Selecet Networks > New

General Tab

-----------

Name Orange MMS

Modem Tab

---------

New...

Orange MMS

Orange MMS

--------------------

1. name: Orange MMS

3. click next

4. Access point name: orangemms

5. click next

9. ok > finish

Proxy tab

---------

This network connects to the interent: ticked

This network uses a proxy server: unticked

Proxy server: blank

Back to the main connections tab again:

CSD Line type

-------------

Date rate 9600 (v.110)

Connection element Non-transparent

GPRS Setting

------------

PAP authentication

Class 10

Network Cards

----------------

should be default

end

-----------------------------------------------------

I installed everything in order missing out Clear vue, Java, Action Engine and orange help. I think it has saved 7-8MB.

I installed things in this order missing out things I didn't want as I went down the list.

-EXEC:\Extended_ROM\TPDisable.exe

-EXEC:\Extended_ROM\AutoLock.exe

NCAB: \Extended_ROM\Delete_vdisk_shortcut_WWE.sa.CAB

YCAB: \Extended_ROM\PhonePad_Magician_Generic_WWE_RC12.CAB

YCAB: \Extended_ROM\SmartDialing_Magician_Generic_WWE_RC13.CAB

YCAB: \Extended_ROM\Caller_ID_Magician_Generic_WWE_RC13.CAB

YCAB: \Extended_ROM\Camera_Wizard_Artist_Orangee_WWE_RC18_Customize.CAB

YCAB: \Extended_ROM\MA_ORUK_Version_UserAgent.CAB

YCAB: \Extended_ROM\CAB-ArcsoftMMS-2.0.0.20-Magician-Generic-ENU-27Dec04.CAB

NCAB: \Extended_ROM\CV2.41.386_WWE.CAB

NCAB: \Extended_ROM\JMM101257_WWE_1004.CAB

YCAB: \Extended_ROM\Fonix2.0_UKEnglish0907_09282004.sa.CAB

YCAB: \Extended_ROM\SPB_GPRS_v2.20(Build487)_WWE_1015.CAB

YCAB: \Extended_ROM\OrangeUK_Del_Start.sa.CAB

NCAB: \Extended_ROM\OrangeUK_ActionE_Connection.CAB

YCAB: \Extended_ROM\OrangeUK_PIEhome_favorite.CAB

YCAB: \Extended_ROM\OrangeUK_PIEhome_favorite_patch.CAB

YCAB: \Extended_ROM\CAB-Customization-Magician-OrangeUK-13Jan05.sa.CAB

NCAB: \Extended_ROM\OrangeUK_Help_102804.sa.CAB

YCAB: \Extended_ROM\OrangeUK_Add_Programs.sa.CAB

YCAB: \Extended_ROM\Orange_GPRS_Desconnect.sa.CAB

YCAB: \Extended_ROM\Orange_New_Today.sa.CAB

YCAB: \Extended_ROM\BTHUSB_PATCH_AKU2.CAB

YCAB: \Extended_ROM\OEM_Camera-9650_05032301.CAB

YCAB: \Extended_ROM\ORUK_WapPush_UAProf_106174.sa.CAB

YCAB: \Extended_ROM\USSD_Beep_20050511.CAB

-EXEC:\Extended_ROM\TPEnable.exe

-RST: Reset

soft reset after install

If any of my instructions don't make sense I can try to clarify.

• 3 weeks later...

i Finally found the Orange M500 i-Jam 1.12 Rom update on the Swiss Orange Site (1.06 seemed buggy)

http://www.orange.ch/offers/orangePhones/s...s=1137425507473

I took a risk and ran this on the UK phone, the first attempt wiped my phone and left me with a ROMless phone but when i re-ran it it seemd to go through ok (45 mins)

After Install the apps iself install as per the first post so you can probably customise away , although as expected you need to reset the GPRS cellular to point to UK numbers etc -

would it be possible to run Just the UK GPRS setting CAB serperatly?

initial findings are the phone is smoother, and a hard reset reverts back to a swiss install (not a big prob as the language setting is easy to change). Ill have a go at a cut down version next. :twisted:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ryanred5

I know this section hasnt been used for a while, but I need to ask a quick question.

Id like to save some of the memory from my M500, so was thinking of doing whats on this section, but one thing I need installing is the Orange Backup, has anyone got any idea which one in the list that is it?

I use it to save all my phone nos and need to it to get them back again.

TIA

Catherine

I know this section hasnt been used for a while, but I need to ask a quick question.

Id like to save some of the memory from my M500, so was thinking of doing whats on this section, but one thing I need installing is the Orange Backup, has anyone got any idea which one in the list that is it?

I use it to save all my phone nos and need to it to get them back again.

TIA

Catherine

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like Chucky said, I think it's the Action Engine cab - if not it's probably OrangeUK_Add_Programs.sa.CAB. In honesty I've never been quite sure which of the Orange-esque cabs install which apps and settings. Trial and error wouldn't be too hard I guess - I never bothered to take it that far cos I just needed the phone pronto! :)

Also - if you have an M500 why would you want to use Orange Backup when you can backup using a PC? (assuming you've got one of course)

Guest ryanred5
Like Chucky said, I think it's the Action Engine cab - if not it's probably OrangeUK_Add_Programs.sa.CAB. In honesty I've never been quite sure which of the Orange-esque cabs install which apps and settings. Trial and error wouldn't be too hard I guess - I never bothered to take it that far cos I just needed the phone pronto! :)

Also - if you have an M500 why would you want to use Orange Backup when you can backup using a PC? (assuming you've got one of course)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just have my contacts saved with the Backup, saves messing about reloading them.

Ill have a fiddle with the Orange stuff and see what happens, if not Ill just reload the lot back on, not a problem.

Catherine