Orange M5000 / T-Mobile MDA Pro

Guest gbsimpson

Guest Pondrew
the t-mobile tariffs look good when you see the cost of the phone, but considering too get a good handset price you have to sign up for 18 months, thats not so good!

rather have it for 12 months, just imagine the new devices that will be available in a years time, and the people with t-mobile 18 month contracts will have to wait an extra 6 months to get one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm experiencing exactly that at the mo being 10months into an 18 month contract. I signed up at the time believing the HTC Blue Angel (T-Mobile MDA III) was the best thing since sliced bread and although it can still hold its own I do look at the new devices and wonder what could have been!

Guest 73bugcab

O.K. collected today...sorry I got the last from oxford street! O2 Exec, 500 mins and 100 texts (doubled for first 6 months) £35, 75 mb data for £18.50 (inc. vat I was told), Free O2 bluetooth headset... and ohhh yeah free Exec. Even having had Orange special tariff of 750 mins for £35 by the time I added data and of course the fact that Orange could not confirm when they would release or what they may charge me the future was no longer bright. Battery charged in 7hrs!!!

Guest rickyburke

i got my m2000 last november, so my contract is just running out, think im guna get an m5000, but will have the usual rigmarole of telling orange im leaving, getting put through to retentions, telling them its cheaper on other networks.....blah blah blah, ad nauseum.

but i like orange, always got a signal, if my fone breaks, ive got one on my doorstep the next morning. just little things you take for granted after a few years.

just cant wait to get it now.

monday maybe, touch wood, ill have one on order!

Speaking to Orange CSR today, and was told that the "Product is still in testing and that prices are not available yet"

Went to the O2 shop nearby and was very tempted to leave Orange after 10 years, the have the Xda Exec in stock (each store had got 8 yesterday)

I'll wait another few weeks to see what prices Orange are going to charge.

Do it. I have been with Orange now for 8 years + and I couldn't wait any longer. Went to O2 and got the following:

O2 500 @ £35

with...

100 txt

Added 36MB Data @ 14.50

Insurance @ 4.99

+ 500 Mins extra and 100 extra txt cus I got it in a O2 shop. ;)

Phone cost £149.99

Damm good deal

Save me £40 per month now, and a black exec is better then the Orange one :D

DiGRem

Guest rickyburke

Orange phoned me yesterday to offer me different deals on upgrades as i am a 'valued customer' hmmmmm well yes i spend over £100 a month on my phone bill, but when i asked about the M5000 they said they didn't have any pricing info, (which we've all already seen) or a release date, just said, "sometime in October"

To be honest Orange have said it'll be available mid-October, so it's not really that late, only a few days at present, i just think we're all a bit impatient and annoyed at being kept in the dark about what is actually happening.

I trust Orange to get it released by the end of the month.

Just hope some big corporations dont order like 400 of them and leave us out in the cold until christmas!

I have just spoken to a salesman at my local Orange shop who tells me they now have pricing on the SPV M5000 but he has been told the stock will not be with them until early NEXT month!!! Prices are going to be £150.00 to £380.00 depending on your monthly spend. Problem is you can never trust these people in the Orange shops they very often talk a load of rubbish!! I have put my name down for them to call me as soon as they arrive but i shall still continue to call them every other day. ;)

Guest rhaleuk

I'm just totally fed up with waiting. If I wasnt tied into a business contract with Orange and my work I would have left them weeks ago. It's an insulting way to treat intelligent customers. Keeping them in the dark only leads to dissatisfaction.

Guest rickyburke

spoke to the manager of the barnet store today, he has an imate jasjar, and instore they have the dummy unit and all POS stuff.

i asked how much itll be and he said £199.99 on Orange Premier 600, (bit steep!)

He said they ARE getting them next week.

and he's gonna call me when there in.

ill keep you posted.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking at T-Mobile as well, though their coverage looks dreadful. They don't even seem to have a map of it, you just get a desciption fo the coverage for a specific town (and many aren't listed at all, like Brighton!).

So T-Mobile looks like a great tarrif as it's much cheaper than Orange and O2 for data, however if their coverage is that bad....

I did think maybe the ability to use their Wi-Fi network would be useful, but even with their deal that provides access to BT OpenZones as well, the hotspots are pretty few and far between.

Is T-Mobile 3G coverage really as bad as their web site suggests?

Wizard

PS For anyone wanting to check T-Mobile 3G coverage, don't waste time with the T-Mobile web site, use the post code checker at the Virgin Mobile site (VM uses the T-Mobile network). http://www.virginmobile.com/mobile/service..._home/index.jsp

Edited by Wizard

And I wouldn't take that too seriously either, I've just entered my postcode and been told that 3g covers my area!,

Bo££ocks,

My Mda Pro only connects via gprs, and the only time I've seen a U denoting a 3g signal is on the way back from the T-moblie shop in Leeds, I wasn't expecting to get 3g @ home as we can't get channel 5 or freeview due to the number of repeaters needed in my high sided valley (of death!), Theres a hell of a lot of folk excluded by the so called 99% coverage claimed by the likes of phone companys/tv folk.

Speaking with Orange CSR today @ 1.30pm, the M5000 is launched with stock going to Orange Retail 1st. So still no prices for upgrades but it should be available for upgrades :roll: by the end of the week :roll:

BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT

MARK

Guest m2000onorder

Good afternoon fellow frustrated Orange customers,

My contract is up in 3 weeks so, following my usual routine, I called retentions a few moments ago getting though to a pleasant chap Neil - possibly the nicest chap in Orange.

No news on the M5000 front - it seems everyone is getting the same mixed message of uncertainty, however, on requesting my PAK code hinting my intention to move across to O2 due to Orange's mishandling of the release of the M5000 he ;

1 - requested that I hang fire until Friday when he guarantees to call me with an update, and when asked about price

2 - told me not to worry as I could have another M2000 for free and he'll be able to discount the M5000 as not to loose the custom !! (Expecting them to be similarly priced)

Conclusion

For all their faults, Orange Retentions seem to be seeing the tide moving against them as previously loyal customers are jumping ship to the competition.

Let's hope he's in a position to follow though on his promises on Friday

(Separate note - I needed an M2000 replacement 3 weeks ago and have had no ends of problems with the new handset. I'm still hoping for a new one but they expect me to pay £15 to make a claim on Orange Care !! Given their Cr*p service has anyone successfully refused to pay?)

Guest Markda2000

m2000onorder.

I am now on my 6th replacement Z1010 from orange and the last time I needed a replacement (all for faulty handsets) they tried charging me the £15 admin fee. When I stated that I payed orange care to have trouble free communication and they had failed to provide that by ALL of their Z1010 stock to date being faulty the CSR said that he would waive it on this occasion. I am due my bill in the next week so I will see. I did manage to get the conversation recorded though. SO the maybe a few more fireworks in the next week.

Guest whitestar
I've been looking at T-Mobile as well, though their coverage looks dreadful. They don't even seem to have a map of it, you just get a desciption fo the coverage for a specific town (and many aren't listed at all, like Brighton!).

So T-Mobile looks like a great tarrif as it's much cheaper than Orange and O2 for data, however if their coverage is that bad....

I did think maybe the ability to use their Wi-Fi network would be useful, but even with their deal that provides access to BT OpenZones as well, the hotspots are pretty few and far between.

Is T-Mobile 3G coverage really as bad as their web site suggests?

Wizard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was looking at the T-Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot access locations earlier this evening and had to laugh at one of the locations near me was the Hatfield Starbucks Test Site!!!