Orange due to release new rom for C500?

Guest jamesyuk

• 2 weeks later...
Guest spencetj

Is the problem with the alarm only sounding once happening to everyone that has upgraded up 4.2.1.4? I have 4.2.1.1 and I was going to upgrade, but the lack of a decent alarm would be pain. Also no indicator for voice messages?

Wouldn't it be nice if upgrades actually fixed problems instead of introducing new ones, and you didn't have to gamble on the outcome every time you upgrade?

Does anyone know if the update makes any difference to the multi keypress issue ie the phone won't register more than one key being pressed at a time? I have been trying to play Street Duel Underground Racing but having problems with the controls. I use the 5 way controller for left/right and the softkeys for brake/accelerate, which works most of the time. Then in the middle of a game, the car won't turn left any more. It stays like that for a while, then eventually I get control back. Turning right always works, and if you turn right enough, it seems to unlock the left turn. Its bizarre. I don't know if 4.2.1.4 would improve matter or just make it worse.

Is there any (easy) way to revert to the old ROM if the new one causes more problems that it solves?