Anyone know when the M500 will be back in stock?

Guest dynamo

Guest qwertyuiop2k
I rang them up and was told that it was out of stock and I was added to a queue  :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got the same reply from them at lunchtime today. I was however told they where expecting more stock within the next week, read into that what you will.

I did however notice a few websites stating that they have stock again (today), which they didn't have earlier on this week.

Guest Pondrew
Cool, I'll give them a ring tomorrow when I request that they have the M1500 back.  The battery life on it is shockingly bad.  One day it lasts

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't expect too much more from the M500, 2days with use is about what you'll get.

Guest LSmith4285

Well in anyone in Orange Retail bothered to read the Weekly Trading Focus we were told a month and a half ago there would be no new deliveries of M500s until November. We were also told to move stock around in the estate to make the most of the ones we have.

So if any of them bothered to use the new ERP system they can search a product and see the stock levels of each product. I had a look last week as I want one soon for myself and there are say a sixty in the estate with one store sitting on five.

Only problem is they won't let staff have it as it doesn't support line 2 :shock: why would I want a line 2 on the staff tarrif? Its branded Orange but the Orange staff aren't allowed to upgrade to it grrr

Guest janafunk

Hey Guys

I have been monitoring this thread, as I have been due for an upgrade for the past month. After many long and colourful conversations with orange CS, I managed to track one down this weekend.

By the looks of it the Orange shops in London, esp. the ones on Oxford Street are getting limited stocks the M500.......but only in drips and drabs!

I found 3 in the flagship store on Oxford street three weeks ago........but I was told they were 'reserved' for business customers only.

But this weekend I phoned all the stores in the morning in London and managed to track one down in the store next to Bond Street tube station.......

and....joy............i am loving it!!.............. ;)

Any way hope this helps...........all I can say is to keep trying the shops they do have stock, which is being shifted around!!

Guest qwertyuiop2k

I emailed them and asked when the phone was due back in stock last week, this was the reply I got Sunday night.

Thank you for your recent mail.  In response we have of the handset at the

moment.

Kind Regards

A********

The Orange shop On-Line

Needless to say they haven't rang me about my upgrade at all, I suppose I better ring them and quote the email.

Guest robbiehales

Hey Im new round here so first off 'Hello'

Anyway I called orange last thursday and they had them in stock, got mine friday morning ;) still getting used to it as its my first smart phone.

Guest Pondrew
Hey Im new round here so first off 'Hello'

Anyway I called orange last thursday and they had them in stock, got mine friday morning :D still getting used to it as its my first smart phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, a smartphone doesn't come smarter then a Pocket PC Phone. Welcome to MoDaCo and let us know if u have any problems ;)

Guest robbiehales
Well, a smartphone doesn't come smarter then a Pocket PC Phone. Welcome to MoDaCo and let us know if u have any problems ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the welcome :D this is the first device Ive had like this as before I allways had just a phone type phone lol but needed something more to go with a new job. I cant stop playing with it but have to say im still a little baffled by a lot of it, Im sure with a little more time ill get to grips with it all. When i can afford a memory card then i can load up some movies to watch on a plane for a trip im going on :D

Guest stew1982
Is hoping this phone comes back into stock a lost cause now??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its not a lost cause, I walked into an Orange shop in Chester on friday last week, and inquired about an upgrade to M500 (expecting to have to look at alternatives) and walked out 20 mins later holding a Brand New M500! they had 2 more at the time.

The fact that the phone kept turning itself off and needed to be soft reset to come back on is besides the point! The Orange Netherlands Rom Sorted that problem for me.

Well chuffed with the phone - now just need a 1gig sd card with built in WiFi, well i can drem!

I had a call from Orange CS last week and they offered me the M500 as an upgrade.

I mentioned that I thought it had been discontinued and he (the Orange CS person) hadn't heard about that.

Then again I am not convinced with his overall knowledge. He originally offered me the C550 as if it were the most upto date ground breaking release of the year. :)

Well after phoning last night, (ive waited for 2 months) and bieng told they are still out stock - i got my pac code and a new shiny wizard is coming on Monday

Thanks for nothing Orange

Guest qwertyuiop2k
Not if you want to upgrade it seems  :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just been quoted £129 for a upgrade (so it is available), they wouldn't budge on the price (from upgrades) so I'll be ringing retensions tomorrow and see what they offer.

All of this is bearing in mind that I can get it free on a £30 month contract from Orange resellers online, I did mention this and they don't seem to want to budge, ah well :)

Guest qwertyuiop2k
Just been quoted £129 for a upgrade (so it is available), they wouldn't budge on the price (from upgrades) so I'll be ringing retentions tomorrow and see what they offer.

All of this is bearing in mind that I can get it free on a £30 month contract from Orange resellers online, I did mention this and they don't seem to want to budge, ah well  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just to add to my comments above, just spoken to retentions and they are not interested at all!

Apparently the M500 is a business only phone now and is not available for general upgrades. Miffed is probably the best word to use when posting here, but doesn't describe my feelings towards orange at all at the moment :roll:

It now appears that Orange doesn't want my business as a windows smartphone user, heck even after pointing out that I'm looking to increase my monthly contract spend to at least £45 a month it would appear that they don't want my business at all.

It was the 21st for O2 variant of the HTC Wizard wasn't it ?

Guest stew1982

in reply to above,

someones fobbing you off!

My line rentals £16 and my upgrade was FREE from the orange shop in Chester - top level of service too!

(and no, its not a business tariff!)

Guest Greeny!
in reply to above,

someones fobbing you off!

My line rentals £16 and my upgrade was FREE from the orange shop in Chester - top level of service too!

(and no, its not a business tariff!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am so fed up of Orange it's like dealing with a Canarian Market Tader everytime you ring you get a different story! last night I could ugrade to an M500 for £29 but I had to sign up for 18 months, today I can't have one it's Business only. Last week it was discontinued, next week I guess they will only be available to people who's name begins with Z. What a way to run a business! New customers always get the best deals at Orange and thats a fact DON'T JOIN ORANGE what ever you do!

My girlfriend had the same run around when she tried to get a Sony W800i, they told her there were problems with the handset & they wouldn't be any till after Xmas even though she could buy one on their website - Hello O2!

They are unbeleivable does anyone speak to each other at Orange - I repeat don't join Orange after your year is up they will screw you over & give you a complete load of bull, I don't know who is in charge or who defines their marketing strategy but they must be mad as a hater !!!!!!!!!!!!!! To coin a phrase from Little Britain 'Computer says no'

So p**sed off been with Orange since 2000 I think too

Remember kids Orange - just say NO

Guest Greeny!

I am so fed up of Orange it's like dealing with a Canarian Market Tader everytime you ring you get a different story! last night I could ugrade to an M500 for £29 but I had to sign up for 18 months, today I can't have one it's Business only. Last week it was discontinued, next week I guess they will only be available to people who's name begins with Z. What a way to run a business! New customers always get the best deals at Orange and thats a fact DON'T JOIN ORANGE what ever you do!

My girlfriend had the same run around when she tried to get a Sony W800i, they told her there were problems with the handset & they wouldn't be any till after Xmas even though she could buy one on their website - Hello O2!

They are unbeleivable does anyone speak to each other at Orange - I repeat don't join Orange after your year is up they will screw you over & give you a complete load of bull, I don't know who is in charge or who defines their marketing strategy but they must be mad as a hater !!!!!!!!!!!!!! To coin a phrase from Little Britain 'Computer says no'

So p**sed off been with Orange since 2000 I think too

Remember kids Orange - just say NO

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Update on the above:

After reading that somebody else had been allowed an upgrade only today see other thread I rang up upgrades (not retentions) & quoted this fact to them & was able to upgrade on my existing talk plan £30 a month 200 mins 500 text for £79.99 what is going on !!!!!!!!!!

Guest chiquita

Just to add my tuppence:

I first ordered the m500 at the end of July from the people on the phone (whatever they are officially called!).

I was originally quoted £60, but I kicked up a fuss and retentions knocked it down to £29. Then they said it would be back in stock in about 2 weeks - HA!

Nearly 4 months later, I got a call on Friday (18th) saying they finally had stock, and asked if they should send one out for £29.

Well I then started whittering on about the M3000 and C600 and how I was thinking of waiting cos it's taken so looong - which to be honest seemed to just confuse him.

Which must have worked cos he said they'd do it for free!

So I now have a spanking new M500 sitting in front of me!

I'm on a £30 contract and have been for 2 years if that helps?

Guest Greeny!
Just to add my tuppence:

I first ordered the m500 at the end of July from the people on the phone (whatever they are officially called!).

I was originally quoted £60, but I kicked up a fuss and retentions knocked it down to £29. Then they said it would be back in stock in about 2 weeks - HA!

Nearly 4 months later, I got a call on Friday (18th) saying they finally had stock, and asked if they should send one out for £29.

Well I then started whittering on about the M3000 and C600 and how I was thinking of waiting cos it's taken so looong - which to be honest seemed to just confuse him.

Which must have worked cos he said they'd do it for free!

So I now have a spanking new M500 sitting in front of me!

I'm on a £30 contract and have been for 2 years if that helps?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Seems I caved in to soon, leaves a bad taste in the mouth doesn't it, they really need to be more visible & consistant, I know they are trying to run a business & it's a bit of a numbers game but customer satisfaction leads to loyalty I think. The only reason I had to go for an M500 was because I realised a newer phone won't Sync at work - I am stuck with an old version of Activesync , it's taken 3 years for CSC to get version 3.7.1 loaded - lord knows how long it will take to get version 4.

Otherwise I would have been straight to o2 to get a brand new Mini S.

Guest mallone

Just a quick update on all this. I have just finished my 12 month contract with orange and really wanted to upgrade my c500 to an m500 but after spending the last three days trying to sort out an upgrade thorugh orange looks like its not going to happen.

Every single time I phoned I was told that the phone was only available to business customers. The girl who gave me my PAC code commented herself that orange seem happy to piss off their customers so i am off to tmobile i think. what a waste of time........... :roll:

Guest Pondrew
Just a quick update on all this. I have just finished my 12 month contract with orange and really wanted to upgrade my c500 to an m500 but after spending the last three days trying to sort out an upgrade thorugh orange looks like its not going to happen.

Every single time I phoned I was told that the phone was only available to business customers. The girl who gave me my PAC code commented herself that orange seem happy to piss off their customers so i am off to tmobile i think. what a waste of time........... :roll:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like a good opportunity to get an HTC Wizard (MDA Vario)!?