CellProfileSwitcher

Guest maniac103

Guest Test007

Hi. Sorry for my English :/

Program is great, but have a small request: would it be possible to add in option "Learn cells" all new cells near phone ? This option will speed up addition of new network for list, and it will improve work with program.

Guest maniac103
What does the "iMenu" option do?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have to enable this if you have iMenu installed.

I have a request: would it be possible to add time based profile switching?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, I won't include this. You can use AutoFlight (see forum search :o) for this.

Hi. Sorry for my English :/

Program is great, but have a small request: would it be possible to add in option "Learn cells" all new cells near phone ? This option will speed up addition of new network for list, and it will improve work with program.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can add cells from the "near cells" view (More->Near cells). Simply select a cell there and hit "Add".

Guest arman68

About time based profile change:

No, I won't include this. You can use AutoFlight (see forum search :o) for this.

It's a shame. I have tried AutoFlight switcher, but it does not work properly on QVGA screen, is over complicated, and I'd rather have 1 program than 2.

Guest maniac103
About time based profile change:

It's a shame. I have tried AutoFlight switcher, but it does not work properly on QVGA screen, is over complicated, and I'd rather have 1 program than 2.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, but I nevertheless won't include it :o

There mainly is one reason for this, but this one is very important for me: Time-based switching does not fit at all into the application concept. It does not fit into the config file concept, it does not fit into my switching algorithm and so on. In fact, if I wanted to include this I almost had to rewrite the complete program from scratch as the "real" switching of the profiles is one of the smallest parts of the code...

Guest arman68
Sorry, but I nevertheless won't include it :o

There mainly is one reason for this, but this one is very important for me: Time-based switching does not fit at all into the application concept. It does not fit into the config file concept, it does not fit into my switching algorithm and so on. In fact, if I wanted to include this I almost had to rewrite the complete program from scratch as the "real" switching of the profiles is one of the smallest parts of the code...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fair enough. Even without it, CellProfileSwitcher is an invaluable app. Thank you.

Guest eran507
Fair enough. Even without it, CellProfileSwitcher is an invaluable app. Thank you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great application, works great on my MPX200

The missing part is simulation of a real GPS Bluetooth device. i.e. (1) Triangulation of the location of near by cells (According to AGC values), thus getting exact location. (2) Providing outgoing location information as if the phone had a Bluetooth GPS connected. This will allow applications like streets and trips to work great, just by using the GSM towers information.

Guest Test007
[...]

You can add cells from the "near cells" view (More->Near cells). Simply select a cell there and hit "Add".

Yes, I know, but no have time add manually driving my car :o This is very dangerous :(

Edited by Test007

Guest arman68

Request for the homescreen plugin: background graphics.

With the current version, background graphics for the homescreen plugin do not work. Eg:

<!-- CellProfileSwitcher plugin: http://maniac.fschreiner.de/ -->

<plugin clsid="{271A75D3-393D-4D06-B134-E20BD94D24AD}" name="CellProfileSwitcher" unknown-cell-name="???" unknown-group-name="???" height="24" width="240">

<background b-border-width="0">

<format state="selected" bgimage="\Storage\Application Data\Home\Facade\OrangeBar2.jpg"/>

</background>

<label y="0" x="0"  w="240" halign="left" bgcolor="transparent" fgcolor="#000000" font-size="18" font-weight="normal" >

<text>Cell: <cellname/> (<groupname/>) <lac/>/<cellid/></text>

</label>

</plugin>

BTW, note the width="240" and w="240" arguments; they are needed for proper display on QVGA screens.

Guest greenwood

Very nice application but I found that profile switching doesn't work when using other phone language than English (i.e. Czech localization). Only a quick list is opened nothing else happens :cry:

Guest eran507
Yes, I know, but no have time add manually driving my car :o This is very dangerous :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe add the option to recored the time that the cell was discovered (Or maybe the option to record audio on every cell that changes as a remainder)

Guest maniac103
Great application, works great on my MPX200

The missing part is simulation of a real GPS Bluetooth device. i.e. (1) Triangulation of the location of near by cells (According to AGC values), thus getting exact location. (2) Providing outgoing location information as if the phone had a Bluetooth GPS connected. This will allow applications like streets and trips to work great, just by using the GSM towers information.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe this is not possible. Due to reflections of the signal, e.g. because of buildings, the cell information will never be as exact as GPS.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you notice the "learn cells" option? This allows you to include all cells you are driving through.

Request for the homescreen plugin: background graphics.

With the current version, background graphics for the homescreen plugin do not work. Eg:

<!-- CellProfileSwitcher plugin: http://maniac.fschreiner.de/ -->

<plugin clsid="{271A75D3-393D-4D06-B134-E20BD94D24AD}" name="CellProfileSwitcher" unknown-cell-name="???" unknown-group-name="???" height="24" width="240">

<background b-border-width="0">

<format state="selected" bgimage="\Storage\Application Data\Home\Facade\OrangeBar2.jpg"/>

</background>

<label y="0" x="0"  w="240" halign="left" bgcolor="transparent" fgcolor="#000000" font-size="18" font-weight="normal" >

<text>Cell: <cellname/> (<groupname/>) <lac/>/<cellid/></text>

</label>

</plugin>

BTW, note the width="240" and w="240" arguments; they are needed for proper display on QVGA screens.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Normally background graphics should work. I will have a look into this.

You are right about the QVGA thing. I will fix this in the next release.

EDIT: Both fixed in 1.51 - uploaded a few minutes ago :lol:

Very nice application but I found that profile switching doesn't work when using other phone language than English (i.e. Czech localization). Only a quick list is opened nothing else happens  :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, you are right. I will add an option to manually input the Quick List window title.

EDIT: Also added to 1.51.

Edited by maniac103

Guest Toyota-F1.com

Just a quick question, how does the execute file option work? I tried typing in a path but I think that's wrong e.g. I typed \Storage Card\Backlight Toggle.exe

Thankyou! :o

Guest maniac103
Just a quick question, how does the execute file option work?  I tried typing in a path but I think that's wrong e.g. I typed \Storage Card\Backlight Toggle.exe

Thankyou! :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This option should work with the string you typed in. I just takt that string and pass it to CreateProcess().

Guest arman68
Normally background graphics should work. I will have a look into this.

You are right about the QVGA thing. I will fix this in the next release.

EDIT: Both fixed in 1.51 - uploaded a few minutes ago :o

Tested. Working. Thanks.

Guest Test007
[...]

Did you notice the "learn cells" option? This allows you to include all cells you are driving through.

[...]

Yes, you are right, but option "learn cells" teaches it only cells, on switch phone only. Option "Near cells" shows much more cells, but do not automatic add to list :o

Grrr... sorry for my english :oops:

Edited by Test007

Guest maniac103
Yes, you are right, but option "learn cells" teaches it only cells, on switch phone only. Option "Near cells" shows much more cells, but do not automatic add to list :(

Grrr... sorry for my english  :oops:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, I have added a feature to learn near cells (not only used cells) in the "learn cells" dialog in 1.52. :o

But be careful: You can add large areas with this method!

Edited by maniac103

Guest Test007
OK, I have added a feature to learn near cells (not only used cells) in the "learn cells" dialog in 1.52. :([...]

Thank You very much maniac :o

Guest Test007

Maniac - Current Version App working perfectly ! Question beguile - is chance for alphabetical sorting cells on list ? Or/And adding new cells on top list ?

Thanks

Guest maniac103
Maniac - Current Version App working perfectly ! Question beguile - is chance for alphabetical sorting cells on list ? Or/And adding new cells on top list ?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is not so easy. I will have a look at this when I have a larger bit of time. In the meantime you can sort the cell entries in cells.dat (just swap the lines with the text editor of your choice). The cells are added to the tree in the order they appear in this file. If you want to sort the groups.dat, you have to be careful. The assignment cell<-> group is done via the second last field in every line of cells.dat (0 means first entry in groups.dat, 1 means second and so on). If you want to sort groups.dat, you have to correct these values.

BTW: I have released a new version which includes the following new features:

- support for HTC Tornado

- wave volume (WMP, games) can now be set according to cell groups

Edited by maniac103

Great programm! Thank you maniac103 for it.

I've got one question - how can I enable wav file playing on changing cell. I have Mpx200 and I can only enable the checkbox "Play wave file" then I cann't add any files in the textbox below. Is a bug or what?

Thank you once again.

Guest maniac103
Great programm! Thank you maniac103 for it.

I've got one question - how can I enable wav file playing on changing cell. I have Mpx200 and I can only enable the checkbox "Play wave file" then I cann't add any files in the textbox below. Is a bug or what?

Thank you once again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, you are right. In the list box below the check box all wave files from \Storage\Application Data\Sounds should occur. As you don't have \Storage, nothing occurs :D

I will fix this.

EDIT: Fixed in 1.62. But I can't promise this program works on Smartphone 2002 as it is built with the 2003 SDK. You'll have to try that (and report if it worked ;))

Edited by maniac103

I did try 1.62 but it is not that I had dreaming of ;)

My Windows version 2003 and the program plays wav file from \Storage\Application Data\Sounds (I placed there one short wav file for test).

I think that it should be a kind of dialog to select wav file from (sound files are on storage card). My proposal - Filepath shouldn't be fixed to \Storage only. To my mind it would be rather usable to choose wav file from any location you like.

:exclaim: One more bug probably - when enabling chekbox "Execute file" I cann't see the field for this file. After pressing key "down" and "enter" I can enter this field. It seems to be that this field is situated behind "Vibrate" checkbox.

And probably for this item (I mean "Execute file") should be a kind of brousable dialog to choose file from also.

Thank you for your tolerance. :D

Guest Wombleuk

Hi,

Just trying this out and it's not working quite how I'd hoped.

Yesterday and the day before, I had my phone go off when it shouldn't (at work).

It turns out that in different parts of the office, there are 3 different cells.

Programmed them in, no problem.

Alarm went off again today and I found that I have a different cell at my desk to the one I originally programmed.

Anyway, I added the new one, went to a different part of the office (different cell) , came back to my desk and the profile didn't change to what it should be for this group (work).

I have the update period set at 5 minutes to conserve battery power, as I don't move around that often, yet after 10 minutes now, the profile hasn't changed to what it should be for this cell.

I've just checked the current cell and it's now back to the first one I entered for my desk - must be on a boundary here ?

But the profile still hadn't changed.

What does movement protocol mean - I haven't got it checked.

thx

Guest maniac103
Hi,

Just trying this out and it's not working quite how I'd hoped.

Yesterday and the day before, I had my phone go off when it shouldn't (at work).

It turns out that in different parts of the office, there are 3 different cells.

Programmed them in, no problem.

Alarm went off again today and I found that I have a different cell at my desk to the one I originally programmed.

Anyway, I added the new one, went to a different part of the office (different cell) , came back to my desk and the profile didn't change to what it should be for this group (work).

I have the update period set at 5 minutes to conserve battery power, as I don't move around that often, yet after 10 minutes now, the profile hasn't changed to what it should be for this cell.

I've just checked the current cell and it's now back to the first one I entered for my desk - must be on a boundary here ?

But the profile still hadn't changed.

I also have 6 cells in my office ;)

Do you have the "Unlock window title" and "Quick List Title" strings set according to your language? This is essential.

What does movement protocol mean - I haven't got it checked.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you have this checked, a file called "motion.log" in the program's install directory is created which tracks your movement through the different cells. You can open i with an ASCII text editor of your choice.