CellProfileSwitcher

Guest maniac103

Guest Toyota-F1.com

wombleuk, if ticked, movement protocol means a record of the time and date and every single cell you leave and enter eill be recorded in a file called motion.log, and this is situated in the cellprofileswitcher folder, in \Storage\Program Files\CellProfileSwitcher, and the file can be opened using Notepad or Microsoft Word.

Also, I would advise, that for a day, you get the phone to Learn Cells (in Cell Profile Switcher go to More, then Add, add something like "Work" then go to More again and then Learn cells. At this point make sure you don't press back. Rather than adding individual cells, this will be much more thorough and easier.

Guest Wombleuk

Thanks guys.

I also have 6 cells in my office ;)

Do you have the "Unlock window title" and "Quick List Title" strings set according to your language? This is essential.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why?

What do these do?

At the moment they are set to "Unlock Window" and "QuickList Title"

Guest maniac103
Thanks guys.

Why?

What do these do?

At the moment they are set to "Unlock Window" and "QuickList Title"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The window title of the unlock window (the window that appears when you press the left softkey with activated keypad lock) has to be put into the "Unlock window" field and the window title of the quick list (which appears when you press the on/off button for a short time) has to be put into the "QuickList title" field.

If the phone language is set to English, these two have to be "Unlock" and "Quick List". For German, for example, these two have to be "Entsperren" and "Schnellbefehle". You got the point? ;)

Guest Wombleuk
The window title of the unlock window (the window that appears when you press the left softkey with activated keypad lock) has to be put into the "Unlock window" field and the window title of the quick list (which appears when you press the on/off button for a short time) has to be put into the "QuickList title" field.

If the phone language is set to English, these two have to be "Unlock" and "Quick List". For German, for example, these two have to be "Entsperren" and "Schnellbefehle". You got the point? ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No - not really.

What does the settings of the softkeys have to do with switching profiles ? (am I being really stupid here?)

Guest maniac103
No - not really.

What does the settings of the softkeys have to do with switching profiles ? (am I being really stupid here?)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not the softkey text, but the window titles. As I have to emulate keypresses to switch profiles, I need those window titles. The "Unlock" window title is needed for disabling the keylock, and the "Quick List" title is needed to actually switch profiles.

Guest Wombleuk
Not the softkey text, but the window titles. As I have to emulate keypresses to switch profiles, I need those window titles. The "Unlock" window title is needed for disabling the keylock, and the "Quick List" title is needed to actually switch profiles.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah, I see - thank you.

Thanks for this app. It's working fine.

Guest Wombleuk

Hi,

I've just noticed that sometimes, my keyboard is not locked even though the screensaver has been kicked off.

I can only guess that when I change cell groups, the profileswitcher is unsetting something and not resetting it ?

Guest maniac103

I have a little request to you:

What I want to implement in the next version of CPS is proper internationalization. At the moment English and German are supported.

This is the point where I need your help: If your phones language is not set to any of these two, at the moment the program won't work correctly (porifle isn't switched). Therefore I have attached two translation templates (one for the main program, one for the config tool). If anyone of you has some spare time and uses a language with is not English or German, please translate the strings inside these files from English to your language and post the new files into this thread. I will then build a language DLL for your language. The translation of the main program strings is neccessary, the translation of the config tool would be a nice bonus ;)

EDIT: What I also need is the translation of the link name in the start menu ("CPS Configuration").

Another EDIT: The translation files are now available at my web site. Check it out! :D

Thank you!

Edited by maniac103

Guest maniac103
Great application, do you plan to do it compatible with MPx220 ? Now I see all cells 00000... ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, but this is not possible. The GSM part of the MPX220 is not integrated into the main CPU which is the case for all the other smartphones including the MPX200. That's why I can't read the LAC/CellID data on MPX220 :D

Guest maniac103

I have uploaded a new version 1.7 to my web site.

Changes include:

- internationalization (currently German and English)

- fixes for WM5.0 and QVGA devices

Guest DomConway

Changes include:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're the man maniac103!

Guest UniqueTouch

Changes include:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks maniac...I installed the version you had on your site last night and had a problem setting the device as Torando on my Sp5...it kept reverting back to Typhoon.

I'll try the new version (1.7) when I get home...hopefully it should fix that ;)

Also my list looks like this...

- Known cells

- Unassigned <--- I can't do anything with this...what is it?

- Home (7)

Learned Cell 1 <--- Do I rename this?

Learned Cell 2

Learned Cell 3

Learned Cell 4

Learned Cell 5

Learned Cell 6

Learned Cell 7

- Work (6)

Learned Cell 1 <--- Do I rename this?

Learned Cell 2

Learned Cell 3

Learned Cell 4

Learned Cell 5

Learned Cell 6

Thanks

Guest maniac103
Thanks maniac...I installed the version you had on your site last night and had a problem setting the device as Torando on my Sp5...it kept reverting back to Typhoon.

I'll try the new version (1.7) when I get home...hopefully it should fix that ;)

No, it won't fix it. I did not notice this bug before. I will upload a fixed 1.71 in a few minutes.

Also my list looks like this...

- Known cells

- Unassigned        <--- I can't do anything with this...what is it?

This group is used for cells which you have learned, but did not yet assign a group to it. This can happen if you delete a cell group or if you learn some cells without creating a group for them first.

- Home (7)

Learned Cell 1    <--- Do I rename this?

Learned Cell 2

Learned Cell 3

Learned Cell 4

Learned Cell 5

Learned Cell 6

Learned Cell 7

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What do you mean by "Do I rename this"? If you mean whether you can rename it or not - yes, of course you can rename it. Simply select it and choose "More"-"Edit...".

Guest UniqueTouch
No, it won't fix it. I did not notice this bug before. I will upload a fixed 1.71 in a few minutes.

Thanks ;)

This group is used for cells which you have learned, but did not yet assign a group to it. This can happen if you delete a cell group or if you learn some cells without creating a group for them first.
I only created the group after I got to work...it matches the Learned Cell 6 in my "Work" group. Should it not disappear now or be moved?

What do you mean by "Do I rename this"? If you mean whether you can rename it or not - yes, of course you can rename it. Simply select it and choose "More"-"Edit...".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh right, so I can rename them to invidual locations within the groups right? e.g

- WORK

- Desk

- Desk

- Canteen

- Reception

- Outside

Am I right?

Edited by UniqueTouch

Guest maniac103
Thanks ;)

It's uploaded now :D

I only created the group after I got to work...it matches the Learned Cell 6 in my "Work" group. Should it not disappear now or be moved?
I do not understand what you are trying to say...can you elaborate a bit more?

Oh right, so I can rename them to invidual locations within the groups right? e.g

- WORK

- Desk

- Desk

- Canteen

- Reception

- Outside

Am I right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, you are right.

Guest UniqueTouch
It's uploaded now :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers - do I need to uninstall the old version before installing this one or will it update itself and remember my cells.

I do not understand what you are trying to say...can you elaborate a bit more?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's ok, sorry! I figured it out.

;)

Guest maniac103
Cheers - do I need to uninstall the old version before installing this one or will it update itself and remember my cells.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It will remember your cells as well as registry settings.

I will extend the setup DLL to make this optional as the files and settings are also preserved upon uninstall.

Guest UniqueTouch

I've installed v1.71 but the option to "vibrate" when entering/leaving cells has disappeared when configuring the groups.

Did you remove that option Maniac?

Apart from that, it's working well. Brilliant utility...many thanks ;)

Edited by UniqueTouch

Guest UniqueTouch

A bug possibly?...

When I have it set to change profile it changes it to the next profile down the list.

I.e. If I have it set to change to "Normal" profile, it changed to "Silent". When "Silent" mode is set to change to, when it actually changes it "Meeting" that is actually selected by CPS.

It's doing my profile selection +1.

Can you check this? My phones Quick list is as follows...

Quick List

1 Power off

1 Flight mode

3 Turn On Wi-Fi

4 Key lock

5 Device lock

6 Normal

7 Silent

8 Meeting

9 Outdoor

Also, it is possible to add the option to turn Wi-Fi on or off, like we can do with bluetooth.

Many thanks

Guest maniac103
I've installed v1.71 but the option to "vibrate" when entering/leaving cells has disappeared when configuring the groups.

Did you remove that option Maniac?

Apart from that, it's working well. Brilliant utility...many thanks ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is a translation bug. I will update the CAB file ASAP. In the mean time: The "Vibrate" option is the second "Switch Bluetooth" checkbox.

A bug possibly?...

When I have it set to change profile it changes it to the next profile down the list.

I.e. If I have it set to change to "Normal" profile, it changed to "Silent". When "Silent" mode is set to change to, when it actually changes it "Meeting" that is actually selected by CPS.

It's doing my profile selection +1.

Can you check this? My phones Quick list is as follows...

Quick List

1 Power off

1 Flight mode

3 Turn On Wi-Fi

4 Key lock

5 Device lock

6 Normal

7 Silent

8 Meeting

9 Outdoor

OMG, they've changed the quick list :shock: :|

I will have to think about how to include this into the program.

Also, it is possible to add the option to turn Wi-Fi on or off, like we can do with bluetooth.

Many thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will have to look into the SDK if there is an API for that.

Edited by maniac103

Guest maniac103
This is a translation bug. I will update the CAB file ASAP. In the mean time: The "Vibrate" option is the second "Switch Bluetooth" checkbox.

I have fixed this in 1.72.

OMG, they've changed the quick list  :shock:  :|

I will have to think about how to include this into the program.

This is also fixed in 1.72.

I have included a new option: "QuickList: 'Normal' at position...". Here you have to enter the position of the 'Normal' profile in the QuickList. Normally, this will be 5. For the devices with WiFi, this will be 6.

I will have to look into the SDK if there is an API for that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, no API for WiFi ;)

Guest Toyota-F1.com

I have to say, maniac103, you workever so hard to find continous improvements for CellProfileSwitcher ;).

Mine works happily with the C500 thankyou :D

Hiya Maniac103,

Your program is truly amazing. It's definitey the best one around, and the only one i know of that works on my c550. I have had no problems with the program itself...

I do however have one small problem with the tabs in the 'Near Cells...' bit.

Is there any way of changing the width of these tabs, coz obviously i can't click and drag ;)

It's not a big problem, and i'm not bothered if it's not solvable, i'm just curious about what is beind the tab, all i see is...

# LAC C... S... Name

* 6... 1... 2... Learned...

1 4... 2... 9... Learned...

2 6... 1... 1... Learned...

3 6... 1... 1... Learned...

4 6... 3... 1... Learned...

5 6... 3... 1... Learned...

6 6... 1... 2... Learned...

a little confusing as you can imagine...

Edited by Brins0