CellProfileSwitcher

Guest maniac103

Guest maniac103
Hiya Maniac103,

Your program is truly amazing. It's definitey the best one around, and the only one i know of that works on my c550. I have had no problems with the program itself...

I do however have one small problem with the tabs in the 'Near Cells...' bit.

Is there any way of changing the width of these tabs, coz obviously i can't click and drag ;)

It's not a big problem, and i'm not bothered if it's not solvable, i'm just curious about what is beind the tab, all i see is...

#  LAC  C...  S...  Name

*  6...    1...  2...  Learned...

1  4...    2...  9...  Learned...

2  6...    1...  1...  Learned...

3  6...    1...  1...  Learned...

4  6...    3...  1...  Learned...

5  6...    3...  1...  Learned...

6  6...    1...  2...  Learned...

a little confusing as you can imagine...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The columns are "LAC", "CellID", "Signal level" and "Name".

I will have a look into this to make it look ok both on non-QVGA and QVGA phones. :D

Guest maniac103
Thanks...

And thanks again for even developing it in the first place... amazing...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1.74 - which I recently uploaded - should have fixed it.

Check it out ;)

Yes that's perfect now, thx alot...

This program is now flawless...

oh, actually, could you slide in a manual refresh button? or maybe a refresh rate toggle or summit, seems a little inaccurate when traveling at speed...

thx again...

It's a cool app, and it seems to work well on my Qtek 8020 (HTC Feeler) which is not mentioned in your list of compatible devices.

However, either I don't understand how to use it or it could be impoved a bit... When leaving a cell or group of cells it is great to start an application automatically (for example call assistant) but it would be nice if it was possible to set the app to turn off that application on return.

What also would be nice is to combine what this app can do with the online accessible database of CellTrack.

On the other hand, the ability to start an application makes it much more useful than TinyGPS.

You could theoretically make it do anything, by writing a small application for it to run...

You could make it call someone, or send an sms message using a little 'macro' type thing...

The possibilities are actually endless...

It would actually be handy to make your smartphone start activesync, and sync by bluetooth as you got home, would be really handy...

Guest maniac103
It's a cool app, and it seems to work well on my Qtek 8020 (HTC Feeler) which is not mentioned in your list of compatible devices.

The Qtek 8020 is a HTC Typhoon (Feeler is just a variant, the SDA is also a Feeler) which is listed ;)

However, either I don't understand how to use it or it could be impoved a bit... When leaving a cell or group of cells it is great to start an application automatically (for example call assistant) but it would be nice if it was possible to set the app to turn off that application on return.
But how should I shutdown the application? Not every application has a window to send the close message to, and some applications do not respond to a close message...

What also would be nice is to combine what this app can do with the online accessible database of CellTrack.

I'm sorry, but I can't implement such a thing...the GPRS tarifs here in Germany are just horrible :shock:

I'm sorry, but I can't implement such a thing...the GPRS tarifs here in Germany are just horrible  :shock:

You could possibly package the online database up, so it can be downloaded on a pc, and copied to the phone... I don't know exactly how big it is, but it's a start...

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a thaught actually, if the online database could be downloaded in bulk, you could use activesync, and use the internet passthrough thing to download it... so you could actually implement it the same way as that other program, and test it simply, for free...

I'd be happy to test it for you anyway, just mail me...

You'd need a biggish card tho, would kick backside tho :)

Guest gamefreakgcb

Umm... Can this work in US? It seems I cant get anything. Maybe it is not provided by my provider?

Edited by gamefreakgcb

• 3 weeks later...

hi

thanks for this app.

it can't manage to change profiles on my Qtek 8310 it just sits at the poweroff menu without selecting one. i have wifi option enabled

i am curious as to why you don't drive profiles.exe instead. it loads much faster and is consistent on all OSs?

i also can't get the execute file option to run shortcuts, documents or to pass commandline parameters.

looeee

Guest maniac103
hi

thanks for this app.

it can't manage to change profiles on my Qtek 8310 it just sits at the poweroff menu without selecting one. i have wifi option enabled

i am curious as to why you don't drive profiles.exe instead. it loads much faster and is consistent on all OSs?

Hmm, very good idea. I'll have a look at that. At the moment I run quickapp.exe.

What is the language your phone is set to (registry value HKEY_CURRENT_USER\MUI\CurLang)?

i also can't get the execute file option to run shortcuts, documents or to pass commandline parameters.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll have a look at that.

EDIT: I think I have fixed this in 1.83 :)

Edited by maniac103

Hmm, very good idea. I'll have a look at that. At the moment I run quickapp.exe.

What is the language your phone is set to (registry value HKEY_CURRENT_USER\MUI\CurLang)?

EDIT: I think I have fixed this in 1.83 :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my language is 1033

wow! that was fast!

what syntax should i use?

i tried the following:

"\program files\blah.exe" "\my documents\blah.ext"

"\windows\start menu\shortcut.lnk"

"\my documents\blah.ext"

but they didn't work.

also.. i have bluetooth set to turn off if i go home and no events set to turn it on and yet bluetooth turns on when i leave home

looeee

Guest maniac103
my language is 1033

Hmmm, this is plain English...does it work sometimes or never?

wow! that was fast!

what syntax should i use?

i tried the following:

"\program files\blah.exe" "\my documents\blah.ext"

"\windows\start menu\shortcut.lnk"

"\my documents\blah.ext"

\Program Files\Blah.exe "\My Documents\Blah.ext"

Hmm, when I think about it, your syntax makes more sense. I'll have to rework that :)

EDIT: Done. Now the syntax is "\Program Files\Blah.exe" "\My Documents\Blah.ext"

Please try the attached file (copy the CellProfileSwitcher.exe in the zip file into \Program Files\CellProfileSwitcher - before you have to disable the program and backup the old exe). If it works, I will make a 1.84 out of it.

This one also writes some debug log into \Temp\CPSDebug.txt.

Please try to switch BT and profiles and send me the file mentioned above if something goes wrong.

also.. i have bluetooth set to turn off if i go home and no events set to turn it on and yet bluetooth turns on when i leave home

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

EDIT: This is the correct behaviour. When you enter a cell and the program changes some settings, these settings are saved and restored upon leave of the cell if there is no "leave" setting.

Edited by maniac103

Guest maniac103
hi and thanks again for your fast response.

It just sits there on the quicklist without selecting any of the profiles.

Here is my log file.

looeee

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First thing: In general it is a wise idea to install the program into the internal memory because of auto start and home screen plugin (I wonder that auto start works on your phone :??: )

The log is very interesting: The program finds the Quick List window, but it seems that the Quick List does not get the WM_KEYDOWN messages. Can you please try the updated exe file? I have added some new debug messages.

And did the new execute code work?

Guest maniac103
Hiya

From (other) tests I've done it looks like having startup programs in the Storage Card works fine on WM5

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok then, that's not the case on WM2K3 :)

Reading the log file I have no clue what's going wrong and how to help you. I tried it with the WM5 QVGA emulator a minute ago and everything worked fine.

Does anybody else see problems like this?

Guest maniac103
hi and thanks again for your fast response.

It just sits there on the quicklist without selecting any of the profiles.

Here is my log file.

looeee

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have just released 1.84 which tries to address this issue by using the profiles window. Just try it and tell me if your problems are fixed ;)

thank you

It now changes profiles for me

i think you may have left the debugging on as its still making the ooh file

looeee

Edited by looeee

Guest removed-2

I get my C600 to automatically device lock (not keylock) after 5 mins of inactivity. To unlock this a password has to be entered.

How will CellProfileSwitcher work with this? Is there a method of entering my password into your application so that it can unlock the device???

Does this work more efficiently using keylock instead of device lock?

Also, do you have any plans to setup an automated sms to pre-define mobile number when entering or leaving a cell, say to automatically text someone to say "just got to work" or "just got home"?

Thanks

Mark

Edited by removed-2

Guest maniac103
I get my C600 to automatically device lock (not keylock) after 5 mins of inactivity.  To unlock this a password has to be entered.

How will CellProfileSwitcher work with this?  Is there a method of entering my password into your application so that it can unlock the device???

Does this work more efficiently using keylock instead of device lock?

CellProfileSwitcher does not care about any kind of keypad lock. So this just shouldn't matter.

Also, do you have any plans to setup an automated sms to pre-define mobile number when entering or leaving a cell, say to automatically text someone to say "just got to work" or "just got home"?

Thanks

Mark

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Till now I had no plans about that ;)

I will have a look how hard this is to realize.

Guest looeee
automated sms to pre-define mobile number when entering or leaving a cell

Since you can run any program on an event, you could create your own xBar macros to do this

looeee

Guest maniac103
Since you can run any program on an event, you could create your own xBar macros to do this

looeee

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is a very good idea.

I did a little research in the last minutes and found out that it's doable, but not that simple.

I really think it's not worth the effort as there is another solution to do this. Are there any other opinions?