CellProfileSwitcher

Guest maniac103

Guest maniac103
Actually all I want is altering of registry value of device lock timeout in certain cells.

So that phone will not device-lock (on built-in timeout) in safe places, or lock after very long time.

That should be fairly easy and less glitch-prone, and no need of using Auto Keylock - since device lock on timeout is a built-in feature.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is only one problem: Changing this registry value needs a restart to take effect :)

Guest Ingvarr

You are right :)

Damn, there must be some (undocumented) API to lock device without resorting to "keyclick emulation" tricks.

Since Quick List app does it, and it must communicate with rest of the system somehow.

Too bad I cant even look at it - exe is in ROM and cant be extracted...

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest maniac103
You are right :)

Damn, there must be some (undocumented) API to lock device without resorting to "keyclick emulation" tricks.

Since Quick List app does it, and it must communicate with rest of the system somehow.

Too bad I cant even look at it - exe is in ROM and cant be extracted...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had a look at that exe (keyword: TyphoonNbfTool :)) and found nothing. It uses some COM interfaces rather than DLL imports, which makes it very hard to understand what is happening.

You can PM me your mail address for further details :D

Hmm, this looks like a language clash. I'll have a look into that.

EDIT: Hmm, can't reproduce that neither with US nor with UK English. Is the title of your quick list window exactly "Quick List"?

Ah, we are getting nearer. I now know what the problem is: The manually locked keypad.

Let me explain what the program does: Before locking the keypad/device, it looks if the keypad is already locked and only continues if the keypad is not locked. The reason for this is that I do not want to send key presses where they are not appropriate.

The keypad and the device lock essentially are dialogs (class name "Dialog", no title) which are off-screen. To detect the locked keypad, I search for a dialog with the special coordinates these windows have. Unfortunately, these coordinates are the same for the keypad lock and the device lock, so I have no way to distinguish between these two. When the program tries to enable the device lock, it finds the keypad lock window, thinks the device is already locked and thus does not continue.

But there is one problem: I do not know how to solve this problem at the moment. I will think about that, but has anyone some suggestions?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I don't know, if I understand :) But .. the program could wait - the keypad-lock disappears after few seconds, but device-lock screen persists, so when it checks if there is class name "Dialog" after few seconds, it's 100% locked device-lock, isn't it?

Guest maniac103
Well, I don't know, if I understand  :)  But .. the program could wait - the keypad-lock disappears after few seconds, but device-lock screen persists, so when it checks if there is class name "Dialog" after few seconds, it's 100% locked device-lock, isn't it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It isn't :D

As long as the keypad is locked, the dialog is there. Actually, it's the dialog which eats up the keystrokes and so essentially is the keypad lock.

The same applies to the device lock. Additionally, there most likely is more than one window of the class "Dialog" open.

Edited by maniac103

Guest duncan888

Hi, great application! works perfectly on my Imate SP5m. Just a suggestion, I had a similar application on my Imate Jam which also changes the profile on a time bases too. Would it be possible to add this functionality into your appplication?

maniac103 in an earlier post in this thread said that he had no intention to add scheduling to this app.

Take a look at xBar which can do that sort of thing.

looeee

Guest Ingvarr

maniac103, here is a pefect way to switch profiles, straight from Microsoft :)

Run "autoprof.exe", passing "-s " as command line parameters.

Autoprof.exe is standard ROM app, take note that you must specify an internal, not localized profile name to the command line - ie if you want set profile to "Outdoors", CreateProcess(_T("autoprof.exe"), _T("-s Loud") ...)

Should be a lot better then sending keystrokes to profiles dialog :D

Guest maniac103
maniac103, here is a pefect way to switch profiles, straight from Microsoft :)

Run "autoprof.exe", passing "-s " as command line parameters.

Autoprof.exe is standard ROM app, take note that you must specify an internal, not localized profile name to the command line - ie if you want set profile to "Outdoors", CreateProcess(_T("autoprof.exe"), _T("-s Loud") ...)

Should be a lot better then sending keystrokes to profiles dialog :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:shock: :D

Thank you! I'll have a play with that...but why didn't they tell me this when I asked them about this? :)

EDIT: Regarding your device lock issue: Can you please try again with Automatic Keylock 3.44 which I released a minute ago?

Edited by maniac103

Hi, thank you for this great program, I have one thing tho I like to say; I have noticed that de function execute file does not work if you have along tree to reach the program to execute, for example: to execute pocketmusic I used \storage\program files\pocketmusic\pocketmusic.exe. Cellswitcher seems to ignore or not see the command. But if I put the prog to execute in the map \storage en refer to it as follows: \storage\pocketmusic.exe then Cellswitcher has no problems executing the prog.

(if is it possible can you add a drop down menu to choose the progam to excute from rather than typing the whole tree).

thanks

Guest maniac103
Hi, thank you for this great program, I have one thing tho I like to say; I have noticed that de function execute file does not work if you have along tree to reach the program to execute, for example: to execute pocketmusic I used \storage\program files\pocketmusic\pocketmusic.exe. Cellswitcher seems to ignore or not see the command. But if I put the prog to execute in the map \storage en refer to it as follows: \storage\pocketmusic.exe then Cellswitcher has no problems executing the prog.

Try "\Storage\Program Files\PocketMusic\PocketMusic.exe" (with the quotes)

(if is it possible can you add a drop down menu to choose the progam to excute from rather than typing the whole tree).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Perhaps later, but not at the moment...this is a lot of work.

Guest Ingvarr
EDIT: Regarding your device lock issue: Can you please try again with Automatic Keylock 3.44 which I released a minute ago?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just tried it on clean install, without keypad lock.

When timeout expires (tested it with 30 secs), it quickly shows Quick List screen and instantly closes it - but nothing else changes and device isnt locked.

It almost like it fails to click on proper Quick List item, I have "Wi-Fi enabled" set so dunno what can be issue there, maybe it closes Quick List too fast?

Guest maniac103
Just tried it on clean install, without keypad lock.

When timeout expires (tested it with 30 secs), it quickly shows Quick List screen and instantly closes it - but nothing else changes and device isnt locked.

It almost like it fails to click on proper Quick List item, I have "Wi-Fi enabled" set so dunno what can be issue there, maybe it closes Quick List too fast?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is "Device lock" at position 5 in the quick list on your phone?

Guest Ingvarr
Is "Device lock" at position 5 in the quick list on your phone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes I suppose...

1 Power off

2 Flight mode

3 Turn On Wi-Fi

---- delimiter

4 Key lock

5 Device lock

----- delimiter

6 Normal

.... profiles

Guest maniac103
Keypad locking works, I think because it does not try to use quick list for it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, indeed.

The device lock works for me, so there must be something different on your phone. I'll try to fix around a bit. Please PM me your mail address so I can send you a test version - I do not want to release build which do not fix anything :)

I use the prog in combination with keylock, when I unlock the phone I noticed that the phone is trying to connect to a server via GPRS. I have never had this probleme before installing the program, Is there an explaination to this behavior.

Thanx

Guest maniac103
I use the prog in combination with keylock, when I unlock the phone I noticed that the phone is trying to connect to a server via GPRS. I have never had this probleme before installing the program, Is there an explaination to this behavior.

Thanx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, there is not. There is no code neither in CPS nor in Automatic Keylock which connects to a server.

Is this reproducable on your phone? Does anybody else see this?

No, there is not. There is no code neither in CPS nor in Automatic Keylock which connects to a server.

Is this reproducable on your phone? Does anybody else see this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I work at two different places; Lets say A and B. Wat I have noticed is that the problem only occur when I am at place A, at place B or when I am at home then not.

At place A I can only connet to one cell, the signal is goed > 90 most of the time.

Any suggestions! :??:

Guest maniac103
I work at two different places; Lets say A and B. Wat I have noticed is that the problem only occur when I am at place A, at place B or when I am at home then not.

At place A  I can only connet to one cell, the signal is goed > 90 most of the time.

Any suggestions!  :??:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are A and B both in one group? If yes, I have no clue at all. If no, what are your settings for group A? I then still have no clue, put perhaps something goes wrong when emulating keypresses...

Are A and B both in one group? If yes, I have no clue at all. If no, what are your settings for group A? I then still have no clue, put perhaps something goes wrong when emulating keypresses...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, A is about 60 km far from B, but the settings of the two groups are identical.

On that day when I was working at place A, I restarted my phone many times to be sure that nothing else is interfering with the prog. Each time afterwards I got the same behavior after a while. When I was done with my work (after about 8 hours) driving away form that location made the problem disappear.

What does that mean? Is it possible that the cell in that location forced the phone to behave like that :??:

Guest appletnc

I'm a bit of a newbie, I've followed the instructions to security and app unlock my Cingular 2125 (HTC Faraday). I installed CellProfielSwitcher, but when I the cell data is shown as all zeros. I followed the instructionsthat maniac links to from his FAQ with the exception of the last step (i.e., "Now you can install your own root CA certificates by double clicking the .cer file ").

I'm not sure if the installation of the "root certificate" is the issue, I don't receive any errors that mention a certification, but this is where being a new to this may be the issue. Can anyone help with this? I didn't follow the last step mainly because I didn't know how. Sounds stupid, I know, but I don't how to follow the last step - from where do I "click on the .cer" file to install a certificate?

Thanks!

Guest maniac103
I'm a bit of a newbie, I've followed the instructions to security and app unlock my Cingular 2125 (HTC Faraday).  I installed CellProfielSwitcher, but when I the cell data is shown as all zeros.  I followed the instructionsthat maniac links to from his FAQ with the exception of the last step (i.e., "Now you can install your own root CA certificates by double clicking the .cer file ").

I'm not sure if the installation of the "root certificate" is the issue, I don't receive any errors that mention a certification, but this is where being a new to this may be the issue.  Can anyone help with this?  I didn't follow the last step mainly because I didn't know how.  Sounds stupid, I know, but I don't how to follow the last step - from where do I "click on the .cer" file to install a certificate?

Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You do not need to install a separate certificate, the needed certificate is installed by the CAB file. Did you set the phone type to "Cingular 2125" (not HTC Tornado!)?

Guest appletnc
You do not need to install a separate certificate, the needed certificate is installed by the CAB file. Did you set the phone type to "Cingular 2125" (not HTC Tornado!)?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had not even noticed that setting, works perfectly now. Sorry for the stupid question and thanks for the quick response.