CellProfileSwitcher

Guest maniac103

Guest looeee

Maniac

I don't know if this is any help but I think I've worked out the difference between quicklist on WM5 and older operating systems.

On older OSs once you had selected an item from the list the program ran and then quit.

On WM5 once you have chosen from the list, quicklist continues to run in the background.

I am using v1.94 and the profile changing is still a little unrelliable.

looeee

Guest maniac103
Maniac

I don't know if this is any help but I think I've worked out the difference between quicklist on WM5 and older operating systems.

On older OSs once you had selected an item from the list the program ran and then quit.

On WM5 once you have chosen from the list, quicklist continues to run in the background.

I am using v1.94 and the profile changing is still a little unrelliable.

looeee

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The upcoming v1.95 will make profile switching reliable (without Quick List) :)

I'm currently debugging some MPX220 problems...when this is ready, I'll release 1.95.

Guest malloc32

Does the program uses the information about the next cells to have more acurate results? if not can it be possible in next versions? Perhaps it can be a good idea :)

Thank You.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest salemoh

Hi, This looks like a great tool. I'm trying to install it on my US T-Mobile SDA and the current cell is showing zeros.

I've started by setting the registry keys and then calling SDA_ApplicationUnlock.exe and then after the reboot installing CPS but I get the current cell still zeros. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Guest salemoh
Hi, This looks like a great tool. I'm trying to install it on my US T-Mobile SDA and the current cell is showing zeros.

I've started by setting the registry keys and then calling SDA_ApplicationUnlock.exe and then after the reboot installing CPS but I get the current cell still zeros. Any ideas?

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:oops: the phone type I selected was wrong, I now have it as HTC Tornado and it is showing the current cell. Sorry for the bother.

Guest mani0007m

Hi Maniac

You should be given 'Oscar Award' for making this wonderfull application ;)

:?: But I am still not able to execute files , as I dont get anything under execute files check box. Do i need to write the full path.

Guest mani0007m

Hi Maniac

:?: But I am still not able to execute files , as I dont get anything under execute files check box. Do i need to write the full path.

Guest maniac103
Hi Maniac

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, indeed. The exe file (or any other file) is to be entered in the format:

""

(if the path contains spaces)

or

(if it does not contain spaces).

Guest maniac103
love this idea

what about "enable or disable wifi"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is planned for 2.0 and already implemented, but needs some more work as it isn't 100% stable yet ;)

• 4 months later...

;) Your program is really great! I love it!

:D But there is one problem:

At home my phone is pending between two different cells. I have called these cells "Home 1" and "Home 2". They are both in the group "Home". I have set up "Home" to execute a mp3-file when leaving cell. The problem is that when I am home, my phone switches between "Home 1" and "Home 2" very often (every 5 minutes or so). That is causing the leaving sound to play all the time.

I don't want the phone to execute a file when leaving a cell that is in the group "Home" to another cell that is in the same group. I want the phone to execute a file only when leaving a cell that is in the group "Home" to a cell that is not in the same group.

It would have been great if you could fix this in a new version. :)

• 4 weeks later...
I had not even noticed that setting, works perfectly now. Sorry for the stupid question and thanks for the quick response.

I tried installing the 2.14 version. Its not working for my phone. Version is : O.S. 5.1.195 build 14847.2.0.0, dopod 577w/SP5. This is when I try current cell as well as near cells. This is one of my favorite apps. Hope can be helped.

• 1 month later...
Guest removed-2
Hi,

I have a new program: CellProfileSwitcher. This one can do several things based on your current cell:

- switch profiles

- enable or disable bluetooth

- vibrate (2 times short when entering a cell, 2 times long when leaving it)

- execute a program

Multiple cells can be combined into a group. The actions take place when switching between groups.

The program can be used on the HTC Voyager (E200), HTC Typhoon (C500, SDA, SDA music) and HTC Hurricane (C550, SDA II).

Your phone has to be app unlocked (if you use an Orange one, a how-to can be found here) and - especially - security unlocked (a tool to do this is attached to this post).

Included is a home screen plugin which shows current cell name, group name, LAC and cell ID.

You can find the program on my page.

Here is a short how-to:

- First after installation set via CPS configuration - more - options the update interval and the phone type. If you select "Movement protocol", a log of cell leaving and entering is created - the file name is motion.log (located in the program installation path).

- After that, mark "Known cells", select more - add to add a group

- Now mark the new group - more - add to add the current cell to that group. Alternatively you can learn several cells by selecting "Learn cells".

Have a lot of fun! :rolleyes:

Does this application work on the SPV M3100 (HTC Hermes)???

Thanks

Mark

• 1 month later...
Guest little_mumford

Hello I love this app think its fantastic, i had it working wonderfully on my old c500 and hav installed it on my brand new c600. However i cant seem to get it to find any cells :) i have tried all 2 of the tornado "phones" in the option menu but none of them co operate! y, y, y!! lol

Thanks