New Orange Developers Site - Unlock Over The Air!

Guest wirefree90

Guest JaToAc

thanks Monolithix... but i only get a blank screen in ie when clicking on the unlock link...

update: tried it now several times and had luck, seems like a problem on o's end (to much hit's?) or perhaps it's my ie, who know's

Guest Torben Vognsen

According to Orange Denmark, they know that the site will also be used by people who want to use uncert-apps... They dont really care - since they have warned people of the dangers in unlocking, they've got their backs free. And by the way - the new SPVx will be called the SPV E-100 (In denmark, at least) and will feature the 1.40 software, which will also be downloadable for the SPV. More news in Danish at 4smartphone.dk.

Guest awarner [MVP]
thanks Monolithix... but i only get a blank screen in ie when clicking on the unlock link...

update: tried it now several times and had luck, seems like a problem on o's end (to much hit's?) or perhaps it's my ie, who know's

If you have a firewall try turning it off, that's what I had to do to see it.

Guest Torben Vognsen

It seems we have a bit of trouble using the unlock feature - the site returns this:

Sorry, but we cannot find the IMEI and mobile phone number you have entered on our database. Please check all the details above carefully & click OK

...? I've tried changing the phonenumber (0045, +45) and things, but am getting the same error. If I then click OK again, it gives me a confirmation, but nothing happens on the phone - I've tried with two phones now...

Guest pierre

I just locked and unlocked my Swiss updated'one now.

Well I had unlocked it the hard way a couple of days ago, so I don't know whether there has been a change.

Anyone any clue..?

Guest pippo64

I am a very happy Spv italian user. I had go to site and ai request the code for unlock sign software but i don't have receive nothing. Why?

Can anyone who has recieved the unlock from a sim NOT supplied with the phone, please let me know. (ie payg/02 etc)
don't think it'll work since, judging by Torben Vognsen's post it seems to match the IMEI (i.e. the SPV) to the Mobile Phone number (i.e. the SIM):

It seems we have a bit of trouble using the unlock feature - the site returns this:  

Sorry, but we cannot find the IMEI and mobile phone number you have entered on our database. Please check all the details above carefully & click OK  

...? I've tried changing the phonenumber (0045, +45) and things, but am getting the same error. If I then click OK again, it gives me a confirmation, but nothing happens on the phone - I've tried with two phones now...

Just to confirm the unlock screen appears blank if you are running Norton Firewall or similar. Disable it and voila. Just tried the unlock and works fine.

Tony

Guest Torben Vognsen

well, I dont think thats my problem, since the sim-card actually has the same number. And anyway, we tried it with two different phones, one which hadn't had the sim changed at all... so... the problem still stands...

Guest alexknight

i did the unlock this morning, phone made a data call as mentioned but no finished screen came up - now my voicemail indicator is stuck on, is there anyone out there knows what i might do to sort this out?

I have tried the re-locing process which seems not to do anything and have rung orange who knew nothing about the unlocking site.

Answers on a postcard please

Guest mmoir

Special thanks go to Awarner and Tosh for the advice on firewalls and taking it down....thanks guys, I was on the verge of pulling out what little hair I have left :!:

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.
well, I dont think thats my problem, since the sim-card actually has the same number. And anyway, we tried it with two different phones, one which hadn't had the sim changed at all... so... the problem still stands...

I've got exactly the same problem here, Torben - get the error message, press OK again and it goes through - but no action phone-side... :lol:

EDIT: Hmm. After getting the initial "database" error, I just went back to the phone number field and typed in some random number, pressed OK and it went through fine. So there's a bug on the page itself.

Some Danish users have managed to unlock their SPV's but I'm still not able to do so - I'm wondering if this might have something to do with the fact that I'm using my original Orange SIM card (from the days when Orange DK was called Mobilix)? I can also see on the receipt that the clueless t**t that sold me the phone "forgot" to annul the SIM that was supplied with my SPV...so maybe my SIM card isn't registered in connection with my SPV at all. Neither have I got the promised 100 DKK rebate from my bill this month (in lieu of money spent downloading Orange DK's "present" to us).

Damn, Orange DK suck. They really, REALLY suck :evil: B******s.

Guest ssj_kakarot

i had mine unlocked the hard way xml. so this morning about 10 i locked if from the site and this worked within about 30 secs of my req, it worked as i coudlnt play any uncertified appz, then sent another req to unlock and this went to my phone within another 30 secs and worked, i like orange now, mabye this will solve the problem of my phone hard resetting its self every other day, its done it 5 times in a week, hope this sorts it :lol:

Guest Torben Vognsen

I've got exactly the same problem here, Torben - get the error message, press OK again and it goes through - but no action phone-side... :lol:

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.
well, I'm talking to Orange now - and I know that Danes have done it, so it should work here as well. Also, I've talked to Peter Frølund, who is in charge of SPV in Orange DK, who told me about the site. I'm talking to Orange developer dep. now...

Good luck, Torben. Hope you get a result :lol:

EDIT: Torben (and other Danish users with the same problem) - I've found a workaround. See this post I've made in Help & Advice:

http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic...p?p=85843#85843

I think it's important enough to warrant a thread of it's own.

Guest PaulF

Hi all

Just tried this this morning.

Entered my phone number and IMEI number intot the site and seemed OK

SPV went onto GPRS mode (little G in the top right hand corner) for about 4-5 minutes then back to normal

No text messages have come through, and now I can't use GPRS at all (for Internet or Emails) - this was working yesterday.

I've checked the GPRS settings and they are all OK

Is it possible that GPRS is down in my area (I've got reasonable signal strength 2-3 bars) - I think I've heard somewhere that GPRS can be down even if voice calls are still OK - is this true ??

I've tried restarting the phone twice but that hasn't changed anything.

Should I try the unlock again, or do I need to wait until GPRS seems to start working again ??

Any ideas ?

Guest Torben Vognsen
I've got exactly the same problem here, Torben - get the error message, press OK again and it goes through - but no action phone-side...  :lol:

EDIT: Hmm. After getting the initial "database" error, I just went back to the phone number field and typed in some random number, pressed OK and it went through fine. So there's a bug on the page itself. 

Some Danish users have managed to unlock their SPV's but I'm still not able to do so - I'm wondering if this might have something to do with the fact that I'm using my original Orange SIM card (from the days when Orange DK was called Mobilix)? I can also see on the receipt that the clueless t**t that sold me the phone "forgot" to annul the SIM that was supplied with my SPV...so maybe my SIM card isn't registered in connection with my SPV at all. Neither have I got the promised 100 DKK rebate from my bill this month (in lieu of money spent downloading Orange DK's "present" to us). 

Damn, Orange DK suck. They really, REALLY suck  :evil:  B******s.

Actually, I figured out the problem yesterday... But just to generate a bit of traffic to my site, I put it there... Under "downloads" there is a small program called Action register, which will do the trick... Mine works now...