Orange Various Problems

Guest weswes19

Guest mashkhan

very funny crimminsky, However weswes19 doesn't really have the same ring about it as Stan does.

Weswes19, chill out dude, whilst I agree that the phone isn't perfect (massive understatement). At the moment in terms of price and features I don't think you can find a better phone. It could be worse, you could own a 7650

Guest weswes19

OK the spelling was improved on the version that went to Orange as for wow 3000 employes (sarcastic comment) its not just 3000 its the NHS the biggest employer in the UK 3000 is our hospital alone and I forgot to mention that the NHS is Oranges biggest client base they do special deals for people in the NHS 25% off cheaper line rentals that kind of crap and if they start losing customers in the NHS they will know about it, Doctors IT Support etc etc in the NHS network with other hospitals all over the country and when the HP Jornados where realsed they had faults there was over 9000 of them returned and replaced with IPAQs and we had an offical apology from HP the reason its so messed up is because Ive e-mailed them 5 times the other 4 were nice and polite and I either get crap back or nothing at all so I was mad and just needed to let it out, Sorry Guys

Guest weswes19

As for the post on how would they know each e-mail we dealte from our Exchange Server is passed onto Managment Inboxs seperate inboxes etc which is then reviewed and each call is checked up to see if it is compleated not only that believe you me in a hospital if just once machine isnt working perfectley the likelyhood is it will affet about 300 patients 4 doctors and numerous support staff so youd know about it anyway

Guest HelloDave
As for the post on how would they know each e-mail we dealte from our Exchange Server is passed onto Managment Inboxs seperate inboxes etc which is then reviewed and each call is checked up to see if it is compleated
That would mean you'd need as many managers as telephone staff, and managers would constantly be on the phone! If I was a manager and saw your e-mail to Orange, i'd delete it without a second thought.

On a seperate point, do you actually e-mail people for real as part of your job? :shock:

3000 is our hospital alone and I forgot to mention that the NHS is Oranges biggest client base they do special deals for people in the NHS 25% off cheaper line rentals that kind of crap and if they start losing customers in the NHS they will know about it

Well with 25% cheaper line rental I don't think Orange will be too worried about losing NHS customers just because one person in their IT call centre doesn't like the SPV. On the other hand, if that person sent them an e-mail of complaint containing constructive criticism they might take notice of it and add it to their list of disgruntled SPV users.

Guest weswes19

Most people out of the IT deapartment dont know much about IT so anything IT realted ie an SPV phone they would contact the IT Deaptment first there are 3 of us that own one all of which feel the same no I dont e-mail people as part of my job the Helpdesk Staff do that and the only reason it was so scetchy was because I was so angry and I just typed and sent, there is not need to have as many Managers as phone staff because as I said prevoisuly even if the manager never got to see the e-mails they would soon find out if something hasnt been resolved believe you me Doctors can be very impatient, I am alrady on the list of unhappy customers I sent an e-mail like this as I have not been happy with the support I have recieved this was on a note to Orange the 25% discount ranges depending on job IT Staff get between 20%-25% the Doctors get less for some reason in the region of 10%, I might just go back to a PDA at least they a) work ;) have updates and c) dont crash all the time and d) are fit for the purpose they are sold for

Guest weswes19

The whole point of this excerise (only 3 having an SPV) was to see how we got on with them if we liked them and they actually worked which they dont then they would be shipped to the Doctors around the country that are NHS Goverment Funded hospitals, Doctors are already beggining to ask how were going with them and we have no hesitation in telling them how bad they are and so wait for the P800 or other SmartPhone to come out

Guest HelloDave
Most people out of the IT deapartment dont know much about IT so anything IT realted ie an SPV phone they would contact the IT Deaptment first there
Riiiight, so if someone wants a new phone in the NHS, the first thing they do is phone you up in the IT helpdesk. Obvious now I think about it. And there was me thinking if they didn't know much about IT they wouldn't buy an SPV anyway, and if they did they wouldn't need to phone you first. How stupid of me...

Doctors are already beggining to ask how were going with them and we have no hesitation in telling them how bad they are

And i'm sure you'll give them a fair, objective and unbiased review of the SPV.

The whole point of this excerise (only 3 having an SPV) was to see how we got on with them
So the NHS gave three of you an SPV yet in another thread you are asking where to sell it. I see...

no I dont e-mail people as part of my job the Helpdesk Staff do that

I'm relieved. So what do you do? You receive complaint e-mails but don't reply to them because the helpdesk staff do that. Aren't you part of the helpdesk?

Guest weswes19

Doctors at the mo are all using IPAQs and they are happy with them, we were asked to try out the SPVs for them and see what they can do hence why they ask us first if their buying a normal mobile phone then sure they can go and buy their own

Guest cepheus1

weswes19...

When you are in a hole man!......stop digging :!:

...but then again....this is getting to be a very funny thread....but I don't think people are laughing with you now :!:

LOL ;)

Guest HelloDave
No were not were Medical Technical Support we are emplyed by the NHS the Helpdesk an External Company proberbly an agency of something

Clearly you know your job well. Always good to know who you work for.

Don't even think about being ill in the Nottingham area

What a fantastic read to cheer the end of a hard days work.....

Crimminsky - you're a genius with words. Unlike weswes19

As for going to the IT support desk as a first point of contact, I'm sure that most people would look to a knowledgable friend or colleague whom they consider (and trust) to be technically literate.

Considering that the docs, etc... have to pay for the line rental (and I assume phone) themselves (or at least that's what I can deduce from your post) I don't think that Orange will be too worried about you not being too enthusiastic about the SPV as your opinion probably won't even reach most of the NHS employees who may even consider this phone. Those who do consider it are far more likely to be influenced by friends and sales staff in the high street shops.

Besides, I thought that mobile phones were banned in hospitals? I know that this rule is ignored by many docs and nurses, but still, on an official note, surely this is going to limit the NHS's application uses for a large scale "roll-out" of the phone....

Right better go - done enough work for the day - mental note: remember to ask aunt (who works for NHS) if she's heard of the important weswes19 and more importantly his opinions of SPV ;)

Hax