I-Mate SP5

Guest Pagemakers

Guest Pagemakers

1) Unable to send your message(s). Your message(s) notification(s) will remain in the Inbox.

2) There is not enough free space for message downloading. Please free up some space and try again.

I have no apps installed on my phone at all - they are all on the card. I have no other apps running in the background.

Guest UniqueTouch

Are you on O2?

If so, after you installed the CAB from i-mate for the network settings, did you change the MMS url from O2 to o2 (see shadahemr posts)?

How much free space do you have on the phone itself?

Make sure you phone is NOT connected to the pc/activesync when sending/recieving MMS as it will fail with the above errors aswell.

Also, as a test try sending one of the default pics on the phone rather than one you have taken with the camera.

Edited by UniqueTouch

I have a SP5i and everything works on Orange OK. The major problem I have is with the activesync with Outlook. Tried everything, have configured the Firewall access to permit with Norton and done everything as advised on Microsoft Windows-Mobile site but cannot sync contacts etc. Is this it? Do we have to accept it doesn't work or am I missing something completely? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :|

Guest gilesjuk
1) Unable to send your message(s). Your message(s) notification(s) will remain in the Inbox.

2) There is not enough free space for message downloading. Please free up some space and try again.

I have no apps installed on my phone at all - they are all on the card.  I have no other apps running in the background.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I only get error 1. But it's outbox not inbox.

The MMS app was missing from WM5 for C500, it seems not to have changed much since 2003se. In fact the irritating ABC input mode default is still there. What's the betting it was placed in the OS at the last minute and they knew it didn't work?

I have looked at the registry and the Arcsoft MMS app can't find anything obviously wrong. I've tried sending a pic three ways and it don't work.

Edited by gilesjuk

Can somebody let me know how to disable images downloading from the web. Preferably I'd like to be able to choose amongst my Favorites as to which can and can't download.

Fingers crossed it can be done but once again I'm looking forward to be being told WM 5.0 says no. :roll:

Guest UniqueTouch
Delete your temporary internet files and it works ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did that resolve you issue? Weird one!

I have changed my default cache\cookies\history\ store locations...

Regedit to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\

Modify these Keys:

Cache

Cookies

History

Point them to your Storage Card :D

Guest shadamehr
Deleting 4MB of temp Internet files worked.  I can now send and receive MMS messages again.

Paul MVP gave me the reg settings also.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pagemakers..

Please clarifiy this a lot better mate.

We now KNOW there is a major bug with the sp5 whereby MMS sending is not possible under certain memory issue conditions.

We THOUGHT this was just when Free Storage was less than 4MB.

Are you now saying OTHER aspects can affect this too, and that there is a workaround to this?

Does Paul MVP know something about this too, and if so, has whatever the cause is, been conveyed to the relevant people/organisations?

Is this actually to do with free TEMP space instead then or what...

I am amazed at how LITTLE anger this major bug seems to be generating...?

Guest gilesjuk
I am amazed at how LITTLE anger this major bug seems to be generating...?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, this is core functionality. It angers me because this sort of thing should be tested a lot, it makes you wonder if HTC/Imate/Microsoft have a QA process.

As for certain memory conditions, I have cleared out my temp files and it still won't work.

Guest Pagemakers

I have no idea if Paul MVP has conveyed the problems to whoever.

I wrote to him a few hours ago with this problem. He sent me a test MMS that I could not download.

He suggested I clear my Temp Internet files. I did and now MMS works again.

There's nothing more I can say really.

I have now set IE to use my SD card for these temp files in the future.

Guest gilesjuk
can you installed the operator setting cab file from the imate website?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will download the latest one, the one I used was for Sp3 which I had on the memory card already.

Guest abhayseth

Still cant send any file/picture thru IR & BT

neither can recieve any

:cry: :cry:

Turn on Receive incoming beams in the settings.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest ddieter

One of the most annoying things I have found about the Smartphone is the excessive amount of time it takes to find a signal when you emerge from a tube station (or somewhere else that you had no signal).

It gets so ridiculous that sometimes I have to turn the radio off and back on to force it to find a signal.

This seems equally bad with my original SPV and C500.

I'm curious as to how quickly the Sp5 finds a signal, when you come out of the tube station. Has this improved from previous HTC models?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest schriss

I have found this:

How to access Network shares through Pocket Explorer.

In order to see the Network folder you can download a third party tool like Resco Explorer, which will cost you, or you can do a simple registry edit.

Backup your Pocket PC before playing with the registry. This is good practice in case anything goes wrong.

To make the Network visible :

1. open registry editor on your Pocket PC.

2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\REDIR

3. Open RegisterFSBoot and change the DWORD value to 1.

4. Close registry editor and soft reset the device. thats it!

BUT it's for Pocket PC, and I couldn't create redistry key, will try another registry application.

Anyone had better luck?