I-Mate SP5

Guest Pagemakers

Guest Pagemakers
hi! :D

if possible i'd like to know somethings about T9 in sp5/m

is possible to add new word? if yes how many?

and is possible to edit word?

thanks very much  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can add/edit/remove unlimited words.

I'm in the states at the moment on Cingular and my phone still shows G.  I have no idea thouse if I have edge coverage here.

No I haven't used it with Exchange.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool, thanks for the reply.

Out of interest, are you reading and replying to these posts on the SP5 ?

gerryR

Guest gilesjuk
I read somewhere that both screens were capable of 256k colors but it is a limitation of the OS (both 2003 and WM5) that limits the display to 65k colors.

could be wrong but I read it in a few places.

gerryR

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is probably true since other phones with a QVGA screen are using 18-bit colour.

Guest lucabery

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks!

sorry but i've seen that you wrote in another post:

7) Edit T9. Sadly there is still no way to go back through your text and re-edit your T9 words. Nokia have been doing this for years.

probably it's my english fault(i'm italian) but i can't understand what do you wanna say when you wrote than "you can't go back an re-edit"

thanks another time ;)

Guest Pagemakers

On a nokia when you go back through your words they immediately become editable again (ie you get a drop down of all possible t9 works for that specific word).

You can not do this on MS smartphones.

What the SP5 allows is not related to the above. It just lets you view your saved T9 dictionary and edit or delete them.

Guest lucabery
On a nokia when you go back through your words they immediately become editable again (ie you get a drop down of all possible t9 works for that specific word).

You can not do this on MS smartphones.

What the SP5 allows is not related to the above.  It just lets you view your saved T9 dictionary and edit or delete them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok perfect i understand.

thank you very much! ;)

Guest abhayseth

Hi! Pagemaker, can u pls share how can one edit & remove words already saved in the t9 menu.

thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest Pagemakers
Hi! Pagemaker, can u pls share how can one edit & remove words already saved in the t9 menu.

thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is an additional menu in the T9 settings for Add/Edit/Delete

Guest gilesjuk
It is indeed... and there is actually a really good explanation for it. One of the guys on the Windows Mobile Team has posted this on their blog:

http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/archiv.../07/462187.aspx

-DabStar

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers for that, I'm not quite so bothered Windows Mobile only does 16 bit now. But then I run 24-bit all the time and that's not a multiple of 16 or 32, so I do wonder what they're on about.

Guest JOEJOETHEJOEY

Really wanna get this, but waiting for the C600 to see if that will have WiFi or not in UK.

But I've got a few questions I wanna find out:

1) Has anyone been able to get this working with any VOIP program like Skype etc?

2) How well does it stream media through the WIFI? i.e. Mp3 and WMV

3) I know someone asked earlier, but can someone confirm 100% whether the WiFi has WPA-PSK encryption, or even WEP?

4) What's the maximum size of the miniSD card?

5) Can it run a full DivX movie (coded for PC) without downsizing or re-encoding?

6) This does have speakerphone too right?

7) Can you have something like MSN messenger running via WiFi and also accept incoming or make outgoing calls without MSN disconnecting?

8) Does TomTom5 run well on this?

Sorry for all the questions, but really anxious. :D Thanks!!

Joe

Edited by JOEJOETHEJOEY

Guest gilesjuk

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Even I can answer this one, it requires registry hacks which have to be applied then reversed after use.

Navigon Mobile Navigator 5 apparently works fine.

Really wanna get this, but waiting for the C600 to see if that will have WiFi or not in UK.

But I've got a few questions I wanna find out:

1) Has anyone been able to get this working with any VOIP program like Skype etc?

2) How well does it stream media through the WIFI?  i.e. Mp3 and WMV

3) I know someone asked earlier, but can someone confirm 100% whether the WiFi has WPA-PSK encryption, or even WEP?

4) What's the maximum size of the miniSD card? 

5) Can it run a full DivX movie (coded for PC) without downsizing or re-encoding?

6) This does have speakerphone too right?

7) Can you have something like MSN messenger running via WiFi and also accept incoming or make outgoing calls without MSN disconnecting?

Sorry for all the questions, but really anxious.  ;)  Thanks!!

Joe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dont have the phone yet but think I can answer 2 of your questions

1. There is only a beta version of skype for smartphone and at the min it is only capable of sending txts, no VOIP ability yet but they're constantly working on it.

4. 1Gb is the max mini-SD card available at the min, I guess we'll see a 2Gb one but who knows when

hth

gerryR

correct all the games ect that do not run on the c550 wont work on a wm5 phone, one thing is this phone has been only out a few weeks and there is allready an update on the imate site :?:

Guest Pagemakers
correct all the games ect that do not run on the c550 wont work on a wm5 phone, one thing is this phone has been only out a few weeks and there is allready an update on the imate site  :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

According to the imate website the file released is the ORIGINAL rom and not an upgrade:

"16/10/05 Launch of page - original WWE base ROM and WWE software pack added"

Guest tranchiemtai

I have update rom O2 Xphone II for my i-mate SP5 , now I don't open camera , help me,

please give me link download rom updates for i-mate SP5 or Qtek 8310 ,

thanx all.

Guest chrisc28
I have update rom O2 Xphone II for my  i-mate SP5 , now I don't open camera , help me,

please give me link download rom updates for i-mate SP5 or Qtek 8310 ,

thanx all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't see how this is possible. The Xphone2 is a WM2003 SE device. Try downloading the ROM image on the imate web site.

Guest Pappagallo
anyone know how to select an MP3 as ringtone??

I guess this should be possible, right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just drop it in 'My documents' either on the phone or the miniSD card, and the mp3 will pop up when you want to select a new Ringtone.