I-Mate SP5

Guest Pagemakers

Guest Sgt_Strider
I can answer one of your questions. Sadly when wifi goes to sleep and your phone polls your email server it does not wake wifi and uses GPRS instead stupidly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You already made that answer earlier in this thread. I just want to know if there is a way to prevent GPRS from connecting if wifi goes to sleep. I don't have a data plan and if GPRS connects to download e-mail, my phone bill is going to jump tremendously!

Guest zeros1122
Thanks.

Can you say whether the SP5's Wi-fi 802.11b implementation includes WPA security (ie not merely WEP)?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Definitely wpa is supported here.

Guest chucky.egg
You already made that answer earlier in this thread. I just want to know if there is a way to prevent GPRS from connecting if wifi goes to sleep. I don't have a data plan and if GPRS connects to download e-mail, my phone bill is going to jump tremendously!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You should be able to go into the GPRS settings and "cripple" the account - changing the APN from "orangeinternet" to "orangeinternetsucks" should stop it

That will mean that EVERYTHING that uses GPRS will be crippled though - you won't be able to surf, download emails, anything like that over GPRS

You should be able to go into the GPRS settings and "cripple" the account - changing the APN from "orangeinternet" to "orangeinternetsucks" should stop it

That will mean that EVERYTHING that uses GPRS will be crippled though - you won't be able to surf, download emails, anything like that over GPRS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess you can change your internet connection to use CSD over GPRS, it's slower but after my last too bills were 5 and 6 hundred euro cos of GPRS I can wait the extra few mins for my email.

I assume you can do this ??

gerryR

Guest namiran

Hi! Pagemaker, does your phone not support Bt 1.2? I read on the qtek site that the qtek 8310 http://www.qtek.nu/files/Produktblad_8310.pdf has bluetooth 1.2 certification...but does that mean that it supports it or just "can support it in the future"?

i was so sure i wanted to by this phone..but this is a big drawback for me since i planed to use it with stereo bluetooth headsets...maybe i should start looking more closely on the i300...

Guest JesseRPI

I've seen the i-mate listed with Bluetooth 1.1, and the Qtek listed with Bluetooth 1.2. However, I am not sure how accurate that is. I personally prefer the Qtek logo.

Have read quite a bit on this phone and am impressed so far.

However, still looking for an actual camera phone photo from the SP5 ?

Does anybody have a link, or could somebody take a couple of demo's and upload ?

Guest abhayseth

Hi! Pagemakers cant find this T9 menu anywhere - could you pls quide me as to where i can find this menu.

Regards,

There is an additional menu in the T9 settings for Add/Edit/Delete

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest gilesjuk
Cant Send or recv files/pictures thru Bluetooth on my SP5m - is there a problem? & whats the solution. Pls HELP!  :??:  :??:  :??:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Turn on Receive incoming beams in the settings.

Guest shadamehr

Emailed (see page 12) phones2udirect.co.uk about the issues customers faced on here, and them still saying it was in stock.

This, after replying to their first email, with a short "let me know when it's in stock cos Expansys had them in when I ordered from you but are now showing out of stock"

They finally replied to THAT email today with a sarcastic "we're not surprised, as they use the same suppliers as us, so we will let you know when ours come back in stock"

No replies to my oither email about how they were still saying it was IN STOCK on the web, or when I rang up.

So I rang back up, as a pretend new customer, and was told they were not in stock. I told here the website said they were. She replied "oops, they ARE in stock, but only for those pre-ordered, not new orders"

Yeah, whatever. Tosh.

Rang back up later and was told they were in stock.

So I have emailed them to ask why the website still says in stock, and three calls to them say in stock, when it is NOT in stock.

I think this is a company to be avoided, and the Motorola Q, even without wi-fi, is seriously starting to look like worth waiting for...

Skype can work on Tornado.

There is no version for smartphones, so far. So, it's tested on PocketPC version, installed on Qtek 8310 by "shamanic-dances-with-tambourine" method ;)

Guest marco899
Skype can work on Tornado.

There is no version for smartphones, so far. So, it's tested on PocketPC version, installed on Qtek 8310 by "shamanic-dances-with-tambourine" method  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What kind of method? please explaine.

Guest harrysaab

where can i download the registory editor for sp5 ??

and any other software and games.

pls provide links

thanks

Just received my iMate SP5.

I have to say it is absolutely gorgeous.

I set up wifi in about 10 seconds flat.  The screen is great.  The buttons are the best of any smartphone.

Quite easily puts my awful (and in my opinion it is) C550 to shame.

If you've got any questions about this phone I'd be glad to help!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest Pagemakers
Hi! Pagemakers cant find this T9 menu anywhere - could you pls quide me as to where i can find this menu.

Regards,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Go to compose a text message and then press and hold the * key.

Guest Pagemakers
hi pagemakers,

can you tell me wots the keypad back light colour is on sp5 plss

can u post pic of glowing keypad at night if u can

cheers dude

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's white.

Guest Pagemakers
Is it possible to use the onboard wi-fi to connnect to a your home network and browse/open files off computers attached to it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not been able to so far.

Guest UniqueTouch
Not been able to so far.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does anyone know if there any apps that can browse networks pagemakers can try to test this out? This is one feature I would really need before I make the switch from pocketpc to smartphone.

Thanks

Edited by UniqueTouch