I-Mate SP5

Guest Pagemakers

Guest BoooDave

As far as I know, there is nothig available yet to allow network share browsing.

Pagemakers, how would you rate the battery life with/without wireless enabled? I am on the verge of getting one of these, using my upgrade to get a c600, and sell that to recover some reddies.

Guest Pagemakers

Without wifi the battery is as good as the C500 and with wifi on...errrrr I've never left it on permanently so I can't really say. Using it now and then does nto really have much impact that I've noticed.

Guest richjames11

I was browsing the I-mate website and i came across a product called 1-view for I-mate devices (both smartphones and pocket pc's) which allows you to copy files to and from the device by bluetooth and wi-fi. Has anyone tried it or found an alternatve cos $89.99 (im guessing £50) seems quite alot for a product like this.

Go here to read more

Edited by richjames11

Guest chrisc28
I was browsing the I-mate website and i came across a product called 1-view for I-mate devices (both smartphones and pocket pc's) which allows you to copy files to and from the device by bluetooth and wi-fi. Has anyone tried it or found an alternatve cos $89.99 (im guessing £50) seems quite alot for a product like this.

Go here to read more

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not available for Smartphones (yet).

Guest dalyboy

Hi

How does the build quality compare to the SP3i, IS the joystick better, and is that annoying bug concerning not being able to press another button when the jostick was in use been fixed?

On a side note, why is it so difficult(i.e impossible) to find anywhere that will offer this phone on vodafone upgrade? My SP3i is showing wear and tear(the joystick is loose, hence why I ask about the SP5's Joystick). I spend £40 a month on average on my phone bill, no way does it make sense to spend £300 on the handset + another £400 in bills.

If places can offer new contracts surely they can do a deal for an upgrade...someone enlighten me.

Dalyboy

Guest ddieter

Can somebody please let me know where I can get the best deal on an SP5 with a contract?

This will be my first time dealing with a web-based merchant, and I have to say that I am a little hesitant in regards to the service that I might receive.

It is so much easier walking into the local provider shop than trying to deal with someone over the internet or telephone.

Are there any web-based sellers I should steer clear of? Anyone been ripped off?

What kind of method? please explaine.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe its explained here, tho dont get your hopes up. it just proves that skype can work on omap 200mhz processors tho there is no voice enabled application for WM5 smartphones yet.

http://www.mobile-review.com/pda/articles/ppc-smart-en.shtml

anyhow... I just ordered SP5 too ;)

seems like nice piece of hardware to carry around.

Guest abhayseth

Help!!! Pagemakers,

I am facing another wierd problem on my SP5m - Whenever i recieve an MMS i get the following errors.

1) Unable to receive your message(s). Your message(s) notification(s) will remain in the Inbox.

2) There is not enough free space for message downloading. Please free up some space and try again.

But i checked the Memory there was plent 22.5k available. Pls give a solution..!

:??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??:

Guest A.Hughes

Hi there, are you or have you had any issues with the dreaded tss sound problem on your phone???

If you did have, how did you resolve it???

Thanks in advance for you comments, i am hoping a reset will sort the problem, if not the phone will have to go back,,,,,,,,,,,such a pity

Guest Pagemakers
Help!!! Pagemakers,

I am facing another wierd problem on my SP5m - Whenever i recieve an MMS i get the following errors.

1) Unable to receive your message(s). Your message(s) notification(s) will remain in the Inbox.

2) There is not enough free space for message downloading. Please free up some space and try again.

But i checked the Memory there was plent 22.5k available. Pls give a solution..!

:??:  :??:  :??:  :??:  :??:  :??:  :??:  :??:  :??:  :??:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sadly, I have had no MMS problems. I use the phone on Orange. i just installed the orange cab file from the imate site and it worked first time.

Guest Pagemakers
Hi there, are you or have you had any issues with the dreaded tss sound problem on your phone???

If you did have, how did you resolve it???

Thanks in advance for you comments, i am hoping a reset will sort the problem, if not the phone will have to go back,,,,,,,,,,,such a pity

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No tss problems whatsoever.

Guest shadamehr
Just received my iMate SP5.

I have to say it is absolutely gorgeous.

I set up wifi in about 10 seconds flat.  The screen is great.  The buttons are the best of any smartphone.

Quite easily puts my awful (and in my opinion it is) C550 to shame.

If you've got any questions about this phone I'd be glad to help!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pagemakers, can you take a look at the thread over at:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...38entry684638

That probably should have moved over into your own long before now, as its about SP5 issues now that others of us have one.

In particular, can you take a look at my post number 41 I think it is...

And tell me if for you, you also cannot receive MMS or send them, due to "low memory errors" if you have less than 4MB free Storage Space...

Can you test this out, as I am trying to establish if this is a major Bug, or a new and terrible feature of the OS WM5.0

Either way, if I can't sort it, its enough for me to send my phone back.

Can you take a look for me mate, cheers...

EDIT...

Oh dear, I've just saw your post #213 above, and the original issue post number 211.

Can you fill your phone memory up to less than 4MB Pagemakers, and see if you have this issue too, as I think we have just found a MAJOR issue with the SP5 here...

Edited by shadamehr

Guest Pagemakers

I install everything on my SD card. There is nothing installed on the phone....not sure why you would want to. Memory is so cheap.

Sorry I don't want to fill up my phone to test this. I would imagine very little memory would cause all sorts of problems throughout the phone.

Guest shadamehr
I install everything on my SD card.  There is nothing installed on the phone....not sure why you would want to.  Memory is so cheap.

Sorry I don't want to fill up my phone to test this.  I would imagine very little memory would cause all sorts of problems throughout the phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You don't understand Pagemakers...

I don't HAVE any programs installed...

This is a new phone out of the box, with no programs added, antivirus removed, and all it has additional is my diary and contacts on, and 6 ringtones that average around 500K to 800K each - so maybe 3 to 4MB maximum.

And with that scenario, I ALREADY have less than 4MB free storage, but over 22MB free RAM.

So I CAN'T install programs on the SD instead, as I don't even HAVE any installed!

EDIT:

And the second thing Pagemakers mate..

"Very little memory could cause allsorts of issues"

Agreed. But you haven't understood then.

Cos since when was a whole 4MB free, deemed 'very little' ?

Certainly on every other prior smartphone i have owned, the phone never threw a hissy-fit and refused to receive or send MMS when there was still a whole 4MB free.

4MB is too little to receive a 12 KILObyte MMS?

Er, what did I miss mate.

I don't call that 'very little'

Edited by shadamehr

Guest Pagemakers

Sorry. I didn't realise that.

What network are you on? Did you set us the MMS stuff using the imate CAB file? If so, I'd give their tech support a call.

I have had no MMS issues sending or receiving at all.

Guest shadamehr
Sorry.  I didn't realise that.

What network are you on? Did you set us the MMS stuff using the imate CAB file?  If so, I'd give their tech support a call.

I have had no MMS issues sending or receiving at all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry mate - I am just sick to death of this - I am spending nearly all my waking hours just trying to get the phone to 'work' and not getting half the stuff done at home I SHOULD be doing.

Surely that's NOT how it's meant to be with phones *lol*

I just ended up taking my frustration out on you - I apologise mate.

Sorry.

Guest ddieter

Can somebody tell me if any of the home screen cabs for the previous version of the smartphones will work on the SP5?

I've been using Timewise as my homescreen layout ever since purchasing my original SPV.

Guest Pagemakers

Because the resolutions of the phones are different many of the CABs do not work.

Also many of the WM5 plugins work differently the the 2003 ones.

Guest Pagemakers
Pagemakers, can you take a look at the thread over at:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...38entry684638

That probably should have moved over into your own long before now, as its about SP5 issues now that others of us have one.

In particular, can you take a look at my post number 41 I think it is...

And tell me if for you, you also cannot receive MMS or send them, due to "low memory errors" if you have less than 4MB free Storage Space...

Can you test this out, as I am trying to establish if this is a major Bug, or a new and terrible feature of the OS WM5.0

Either way, if I can't sort it, its enough for me to send my phone back.

Can you take a look for me mate, cheers...

EDIT...

Oh dear, I've just saw your post #213 above, and the original issue post number 211.

Can you fill your phone memory up to less than 4MB Pagemakers, and see if you have this issue too, as I think we have just found a MAJOR issue with the SP5 here...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh god I see what you mean! I get the memory errors too when I try to send a mms message from a pic I've just taken.

Guest UniqueTouch
oh god I see what you mean! I get the memory errors too when I try to send a mms message from a pic I've just taken.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Storage memory need to be above 4mb free.

Change MMS Photo Resolution setting from "original" to "qqvga" or "qvga"

Guest shadamehr

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah,

And i-mate are not responding to my emails about this important issue/problem.

I think we need to all complain a bit more to them...

Edited by shadamehr

Guest Pagemakers
Storage memory need to be above 4mb free.

Change MMS Photo Resolution setting from "original" to "qqvga" or "qvga"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tried that. Still does not work.