Useful Tweaks for SP5/SP5m/Tornado

Guest chrisc28

Email & Attachments on Storage Card

Forgive me if this has been posted before. Or if you all know this. I used to do this on my PPC before I got my smartphone (sp5). I just tried it to see if it would work and it does  :)

Create the folders on your Storage Card '\Storage Card\Inbox' and the subfolder '\Attachments'

Import the registry keys as below. (try Registry Workshop and you can connect to Mobile device registries from your PC and import reg files. This saves having a Registry editor installed on the phone and typing on the device). If you are entering these keys manually rather than importing a *.reg file only use single slashes for the paths. Restart your device after doing this.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MAPI]

"AttachPath"="\\Storage Card\\Inbox\\Attachments"

"PropertyPath"="\\Storage Card\\Inbox"

This not only puts email attachments onto your storage card but puts all the *.mpb files which make up items in your Inbox onto the storage card too. This means I now sync the last month of complete emails (1362 of them!) from all folders on my Exchange server and it doesn't make a dent in the phone memory.

:D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

works perfect for the mails which are synced with outlook. is it possible to apply this patch for the pop3-accounts too?

Guest joesixpack

Forgive me if this has been posted before. Or if you all know this. I used to do this on my PPC before I got my smartphone (sp5). I just tried it to see if it would work and it does  ;)

Create the folders on your Storage Card '\Storage Card\Inbox' and the subfolder '\Attachments'

Import the registry keys as below. (try Registry Workshop and you can connect to Mobile device registries from your PC and import reg files. This saves having a Registry editor installed on the phone and typing on the device). If you are entering these keys manually rather than importing a *.reg file only use single slashes for the paths. Restart your device after doing this.

This not only puts email attachments onto your storage card but puts all the *.mpb files which make up items in your Inbox onto the storage card too. This means I now sync the last month of complete emails (1362 of them!) from all folders on my Exchange server and it doesn't make a dent in the phone memory.

;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is the only tweak I can't get to work for some reason, and that's the one I need most :(

Any idea why it won't work on my T-Mobile SDA (HTC Tornado/Innovation)?

Guest wired&connected
This is the only tweak I can't get to work for some reason, and that's the one I need most ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you using Exchange Active Sync or pop3? It works for Exchange mail, but I don't know if it works for other types of mail accounts.

Edited by wired&connected

Guest briderx

alright guys.. I was browsing through this forum and thought i'd go on a search for this "Auto Update of time" issue.. I am using the sp5m (T-Mobile SDA).. Well, i did a registry search and discovered there are a few strings that actually point to time auto update websites..

There is a file in the /Windows folder. It's called "timewizard.exe". Evidently that controls if the time is updated automatically or not.. It's linked in the registry to the same folder as the websites..

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockStream\Time

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockStream\Time, WizardApp, \Windows\TimeWizard.exe

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockStream\Time\Servers, Server4, http://time-nw.nist.gov:13

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockStream\Time\Servers, Server3, http://time.nist.gov:13

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockStream\Time\Servers, Server2, http://time-b.nist.gov:13

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockStream\Time\Servers, Server1, http://time-a.nist.gov:13

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Pocket MSN\Transports\TCP, MessengerTimeout

anyone able to decypher this? i am willing to test out any ideas! thanks..

Oh, and I am a newb at this, so if i posted the wrong stuff.. sorry!

Guest briderx
alright guys.. I was browsing through this forum and thought i'd go on a search for this "Auto Update of time" issue.. I am using the sp5m (T-Mobile SDA).. Well, i did a registry search and discovered there are a few strings that actually point to time auto update websites..

There is a file in the /Windows folder. It's called "timewizard.exe". Evidently that controls if the time is updated automatically or not.. It's linked in the registry to the same folder as the websites..

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockStream\Time

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockStream\Time, WizardApp, \Windows\TimeWizard.exe

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockStream\Time\Servers, Server4, http://time-nw.nist.gov:13

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockStream\Time\Servers, Server3, http://time.nist.gov:13

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockStream\Time\Servers, Server2, http://time-b.nist.gov:13

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockStream\Time\Servers, Server1, http://time-a.nist.gov:13

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Pocket MSN\Transports\TCP, MessengerTimeout

anyone able to decypher this? i am willing to test out any ideas! thanks..

Oh, and I am a newb at this, so if i posted the wrong stuff.. sorry!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

realized that "lockstream" is a piece of software.. Searched through the phone and couldn't find it anywhere.. can't access timewizard either.. looked for that as well.. hmm.. any ideas?

Guest michehrlich

Forgive me if this has been posted before. Or if you all know this. I used to do this on my PPC before I got my smartphone (sp5). I just tried it to see if it would work and it does  ;)

;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is a super-important tweak, thanks!

Can anyone tell me how to also get Calendar, Contacts, and Sent Items onto the Storage Card?

Thanks!

Guest nastassja

this cab will resize the scrollbar on the right, leaving more visible space to see your files or surf the internet.. found it in a spanish forums, work great!

by default the scrollbars are too big (we don't have to click on them), so i find this tweak very convenient ;)

bars.cab

Guest alfer

I have the US t-mobile SDA. I tried removing all the keys and values under HKLM>System>Startup/Shutdown, i got the shudown image and sound to stop, but the startup screen and sound is still there. Any ideas how to remove these?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest farique
This is the only tweak I can't get to work for some reason, and that's the one I need most ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Err try using "\" instead of "\\"

ok I have a problem now!!!

before I upgraded my Imate SP5m ROM that came out today (v2.6) I was able to successfully store emails on the storage card

but when re-applying this - there were no regkeys (AttachPath and PropertyPath or whatever)

so I manually added it and tried this again but activesync has an error now everytime it tries to do a sync:

Attention required:

synchronisation could not be completed

support code:8503001c

?? im sure its the email as before tweaking the reg it was doing just fine

Guest r3m0t3

I noticed something quite annoying with my Orange SPV C600. Whenever the phone storage space gets low I am not able to send MMS. I get a message saying that there's not enough space and that I should clear some up. Even with 2-3 MB of memory free I get the same message. I made an effort and cleared up to 4.50MB and now it works fine. Quite strange...

Guest Prof. Yaffle

There's an update knocking around somewhere to fix that (Orange Netherlands iirc) . It changes the required amount from 4mb to 1mb.

UPDATE

Found it, it's a pinned topic ;) - http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=234867&hl=c600

It's Swiss Orange. Looks as if it's no longer on the site though as it's been replaced by a full ROM upgrade.

Edited by Prof. Yaffle

Guest goatpunch

why would you want to do this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They explained why, to reduce the risk of accidently using a ton of expensive GPRS data. The clubimate.com default home page is about 250KB, which would cost about CAD$7.50 from Fido Canada with no data plan set up.

I have a data plan, but have found it much more convenient to remove the homepage, as I described in this post. The (IE) key is now a shortcut that gives IE focus without changing the page, and when I start IE I see the 'favourites' page, instead of a home page.

Guest michehrlich

;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll be entering these keys manually. Can someone please:

a) Confirm that what I need to create in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MAPI is a value and not a key, and

:( Tell me what kind of key (string or bindary or DWORD etc.)

In return, I can happily announce to everyone that the MSFP-containing ROM Update from i-mate for the SP5 does everythign they say, and does it nicely. Direct Push e-mail works like a charm, and the utility for increasing the time that the keybad light stays on also works nicely and is an extremely welcome fix.

Guest wired&connected
I'll be entering these keys manually. Can someone please:

a) Confirm that what I need to create in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MAPI is a value and not a key, and

;) Tell me what kind of key (string or bindary or DWORD etc.)

In return, I can happily announce to everyone that the MSFP-containing ROM Update from i-mate for the SP5 does everythign they say, and does it nicely. Direct Push e-mail works like a charm, and the utility for increasing the time that the keybad light stays on also works nicely and is an extremely welcome fix.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MAPI is the (new?) key which contains the two STRING values. Remember single slashes when entering the paths manually. The double slashes are for when importing a .reg file. Also I find some people have problems if they have active synced prior to applying this tweak. I apply it after a hard reset/rom flash before I active sync. Works like a charm for me.

Guest michehrlich
MAPI is the (new?) key which contains the two STRING values. Remember single slashes when entering the paths manually. The double slashes are for when importing a .reg file. Also I find some people have problems if they have active synced prior to applying this tweak. I apply it after a hard reset/rom flash before I active sync. Works like a charm for me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you! Do you know whether this also puts Calendar and Contacts items on the card, or just e-mail folders?

Guest MetalMessiah78
Is there a way to get mediaplayer to display videoes in full screen ?

with this I mean strech a low resolution to cover the full screen. The wmp10 on for example 9100 does this....

You see i use Orb to stream media from my home computer to my phone, and it would improve the experience a lot if I could make wmp display the video in full screen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi, this is my first post here, but I think I might have an answer to your question. If you have a SP5, all you have to do is press 0 on your keypad, and you can toggle to full screen on your phone. Works with the T-Mobile SDA.

I have a question. Is there a way to add shortcuts to your picture folders in your storage card in the "Pictures and Videos" folder in the Start Menu. It's a real pain to have to hit "Menu", "Folders", "Storage Card", "My Documents", and finally make it to the picture folders. I tried to them, but I couldn't get it to work.

Other then that, the T-Mobile SDA is a great phone. It's my first Smart Phone, and I have learned so much from this forum. Keep up the great work guys!!

Guest wired&connected
Thank you! Do you know whether this also puts Calendar and Contacts items on the card, or just e-mail folders?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just e-mail items & attachments.

Guest jonnses

hi, i'm new here and have spent several hours in this forum how to

1] unlock my new sda

2] flash sda to imate sp5m

from my understand, i need to unlock the sda before i can do anything. i've tried following the cited steps below and am a bit lost in the following:

1] HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001 = 2 => 1

a) i'm not sure if i'm supposed to create a new 'value' or modify the existing one '00001001'. if i am to modify is the setting as follow...

value name

00001001 --> 00001002

value data

1 --> 1

base

decimal

value type

reg dword

2] (RAPI)HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001005 = 16 => 40

a) the same logic as in 1a? but with different numbers (16 & 40).

thanks for the clarifying this; i want to be sure as i do not want to messy up my new sda which i got yesterday.

--jon

Here is also a link with instruction to unlock the SP5 and SP5m

http://spaces.msn.com/members/xpworld/Blog...A!198.entry

Required files attached

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest rogueqd
hi, i'm new here and ... am a bit lost in the following:

1] HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001 = 2 => 1

Hi jon,

It means open value 00001001, confirm that it's data is 2, then change the data to 1.

Eddie

Edited by rogueqd