The Saga Continues

Guest rickyburke

Well it looks like we're both getting it as a free upgrade on the day it's coming out then. Whether that's sometime next week or a week on Monday we both seem to have already reserved one.

I only refer to the £400 charge, as that's what mobiles.co.uk show on the price list you referred to. I did read your earlier post - if you're referring to the one that shows their price list.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WOW... how do us mere mortals get a free upgrade then???

Guest Pondrew

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If by mere mortals you mean personal customers with a modest spend, I'm afraid we don't. But given this device simfree is £650 I don't think it's unreasonable for Orange to charge for it...

Guest dazza12

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I spend about £65 per month on my personal account, and £50 on my business account.

Orange would be looking to make at least £600 out of you to pay for the phone over the 12 months, plus the cost of the service itself. So if you're on less than £50 per month, they aren't going to discount heavily.

Guest Larnsky

:?: I'd settle for one on the day it comes out and the chance to keep my number and change contract, let alone a free upgrade. I currently spend £50 a month on my contract, but will be wanting some 3G data on my new contract!

If i get it before next friday i'll be over the moon! Mind you it would mean i'd have to get TomTom 5 working on it reliably before Friday aswell!

Guest Larnsky

I am willing to get a new contract... if i can keep my number ;) ... but i really don't mind paying for it... its a quality device... i'll happily pay £200 for a device like that! You'd pay a lot more if it wasn't a phone!

Guest zarquon

Just a note of caution about the mobiles.co.uk web site.

It says "First delivery due week beginning 24th October!"

Based on the usual 5 day working week that businesses have (retail is 6 or 7 days), this actually says. “First delivery due (well we have placed our order with orange and that is what they are telling us) week beginning 24th October (but Tuesday 25th, Wednesday 26th, Thursday 27th and Friday 28th are still in the same week but we won’t say that as it doesn’t look as good)”.

If we take the worse case of Friday arrival, which if it is on a standard courier service could be any time up until 3pm, they will have to do very to well unpack, book them into their systems, raise all the paperwork, take the credit card payments, pack and dispatch by 6pm, the latest most couriers will collect. Most couriers don’t collect on Saturday, and even if they do, there is probably no overnight to the central hub from the local depot. So despatch on Monday 31st for delivery 1st November. 8)

Now you can call me cynical, but I won’t be holding my breath and anyway my year with the M2000 isn’t up until the third week of November.

Edited by zarquon

Guest rickyburke

no, but mobiles.co.uk have now changed the title of their m5000 page to say delivery expected week beginning 24th october, which denotes thery will be getting it sometime this week, instead of how it was put before, delivery expected monday 24th october, im going to call both them and orange within the next 2 hours and ill post back.

Guest thelondonthing
no, but mobiles.co.uk have now changed the title of their m5000 page to say delivery expected week beginning 24th october, which denotes thery will be getting it sometime this week, instead of how it was put before, delivery expected monday 24th october, im going to call both them and orange within the next 2 hours and ill post back.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's said "week beginning 24 October" for some time now; two posts above yours, zarquon pointed this out two days ago, so you shouldn't make out that they've changed it all of a sudden.

Guest rickyburke

the day i reserved one, the site did indeed say delivery on monday 24th october, i wouldnt bother lying anyway, cos i wouldnt want to make myself look stupid, fact is they will be getting them this week, as well as Orange stores.

Im going to the Barnet store tomorrow, not a business store, but they will have them as they have POS and display models in.

the nearest business store to me is watford, so ill chat to them tomorrow, as the people in the stores generally ( :?: ) know more than customer services.

i'll post back tomorrow afternoon

Guest eggedd2k

i spoke to our Orange business account manager yesterday - according to him it's deffinitely not going to be this week. apparently both stores and customer service staff get told about new phones at the beginning of each week - they never receive new phones during the week. if it was coming out this week they'd know about it already - or so i was told.

Guest Larnsky

I don't think anyone you speak to knows for sure, they're all just guessing which is pretty annoying..... we're just going to have to wait until its all ready... lets hope thats sooner then later!

Guest dazza12

I would hope that the Executive office would know when it's due - they've said the 1st Nov at the latest after making enquiries.

If they're wrong, then it's official - Orange have lost the plot.

Guest dazza12

I've just realised - my 11th month was up yesterday. As I can now give my month's notice, I can threaten to leave and be taken seriously.

Time for me to use this to my advantage. If not, I'm popping down to the O2 shop.

Guest rickyburke

Orange retentions said today, sometime in October-subject to change. (i'm also in my last month, all they say is, yes you will get the phone free, but dont know when!)

mobiles.co.uk said sometime this week.

onestopphoneshop.co.uk said, can't find any exact dates from their system or Orange's system. (they have access as an authorised dealer)

Orange have made a bit of a cock-up with the release to be honest, and unless all the bugs reported on the other networks variations are resolved, i for one will be acutely annoyed, to put it mildly.

Guest thelondonthing

I had exactly the same problem with the SPV M2000 last year, and Orange ballsed up the release of that one as well. I seem to recall the release was delayed, and then when they finally released it, there was an even greater problem with a complete lack of stock availability across the country. I ordered mine in November 2004, and had to wait until mid-January before I finally received it.

The number of contradictions, and blatant lies, that I received from OCS was appalling, and it doesn't sound like things have much improved since then. Makes you wonder why they deserve the kind of loyalty that so many of us have demonstrated to them.

Guest dazza12

I've just given mobiles.co.uk a call. After a lengthy delay, I was told it's due within the next couple of weeks. Shame their website still says 'during the week of the 24th'.

I've also called Orange. I've finally had enough. I've got my PAC code, and I'm off to the O2 & Tmobile shops this afternoon to see who can offer me the best deal.

Guest Confucious

Orange themeselves have never given a date (some shops have guesssed) apart from the 1st Nov with devices shipping to suppliers this week.

I would be suprised if they miss the 1st and wouldn't be suprised if some suppliers sell some before then. Leaving O now seems a bit premature. If I was still waiting I'd give them another week.

But then I allready have my Universal ;)

Guest rickyburke

really takes the piss to be honest, as thelondonthing points out, remember the lack of devices at the m2000 launch, i was one of the lucky ones who ordered the day it was available, i know loads of people who waited literally months for stock to come back in after the initial 2 or 3 day period!