M5000 Released to new custoemrs

Guest millay

Guest Larnsky
So we all going to try today or what?

One of us?

I was told yesterday I would get called when the unit was properly on their system.  But bugger that Im calling anyway.  I want this dam phone!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried earlier this morning, Upgrades said that they still don't have any stock or pricing information on it. So i rang direct sales who still don't have any stock, but the guy is apparently going to ring me when some gets in. I'm happy to get a new contract, the person in upgrades said there might not be much difference in price.

Guest rickyburke

i've tried both a regular and business store, neither have stock, but the business store had pricing, and it was very expensive! £199.99 on premier 600.

i also spoke to the warehouse at mobiles.co.uk and they say that orange are holding the devices back.

I'm going to be calling Orange today to try and find out whats going on.

Edited by rickyburke

Guest eggedd2k

according to orange business customer services, it's still in the testing phase and will be at least two weeks before it's available at all.

i also phone the local orange business shop who confirmed.

Guest Larnsky

I really hope this wasn't another stunt by Orange to keep everyone holding on for it that bit longer!

Everyone at Orange CS and new connections that i've spoken to said that it'll be in stock in the next couple of days! But i'll believe that when i see it! :x

Guest eggedd2k

we've all been told it'll be released in a couple of days - thats been going on for over a month.

my guess is that there's a bug or some sort of problem with their software on the m5000 that theyre having trouble sorting out. why else would all the other networks have it available?

Guest rickyburke

like i said in a previous topic, i think they are just keeping us all waiting, making sure we dont change network by saying its just around the corner, well they announced it was 'released' on the 21st september!

and now we are over a month later, and still no movement!

It better be a lot better than the o2 and t-mobile variants or i will be a very annoyed young man.

Guest Larnsky
like i said in a previous topic, i think they are just keeping us all waiting, making sure we dont change network by saying its just around the corner, well they announced it was 'released' on the 21st september!

and now we are over a month later, and still no movement!

It better be a lot better than the o2 and t-mobile variants or i will be a very annoyed young man.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm with you on that! It had better be a vast improvment for the loyalty i've shown!

Er.... A lot better than other variants?? , I doubt it... I doubt you'd be able to tell the difference.. and theres always the possiblity of putting whoevers rom image you want on it.....

I suggest you all consider leaving orange, get yourselves the phone be it either from t-mobile or O2 (I did and got a way better offer than the one from orange) , Then bang O's rom on, when it becomes available..

They are merely playing with your loyalty... show them that It's the customer thats right for a change!

Guest rickyburke

well its not just the phone itself, the insurance you get with Orange is the best you can get, phone them one day, and the next day youve got a new phone, delivered in any time slot you want, to your home or office, i like that. i remember a while ago my mate had to drive 5 miles to a shop, leave it with them to fix it for a week, then go back to pick it up!

I like Orange as a network for lots of reasons, (free itemised billing, things like that) but their customer service these days seems to be on a downer.

I think the M5000 will be released on Tuesday.

I also enquired that as its available for new customers first, then upgrades, will their be enough stock for the people who want to upgrade, and was told that there are 2 different stocks, one for upgrades and one for new customers.

oh and my final reason for not getting an exec......its got the arsenal sponsor logo on it, can't be having that on my fone!!!!!! ;)

Guest rickyburke

well all signs point to an imminent release, with it appearing on the sales system at Orange, and the 1st has been touted as the release date for a while. All suppliers are expecting them pretty much now, the beginning of a month would be a logical date for release.

Don't the days go really slow when your waiting for something to be released!!!!

Guest rhaleuk

17 users reading a topic about an unreseaed, VERY expensive phone at 11am on a Friday! Imagine how popular it would be if Orange actually wanted us to have this phone!

Guest Larnsky

Actually that reminds me, I was told yesterday by the first guy i spoke to that upgrades didn't have any yet and it was first going to people on a list. But it was on his system as being ready for everyont else on the 1st November, which is next Tuesday!

Saying that though, he did say it was available for new connections, and they're also saying they have no stock as yet!

Guest rickyburke

i was just about to say the same thing! always between 10 and 20 people reading and contributing to this one thread!

Orange need to get it released, because the people who want this phone aren't 16 year olds who are going to spend £20 per month, they are power users and corporate executives looking to buy for company use.

Guest nowimboard
Don't the days go really slow when your waiting for something to be released!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You said it.

This week has been un beareable! Although to be honest I've been waiting for this handset since June.

But awwrghghghgh I just want to know the handset of coming! Its like bloody christmas eve. But all week!

I've called Orange disconnections twice today and am getting the "it's not out, we don't know when". This is bloody ridiculous. How can this disgusting company justify "launching" the phone in September, but a month later still having no clue when a customer can actually buy one.

Orange - launch means "available for sale" as far as your customers are concerned. I've been an Orange customer for ten years and I am so very close to jumping ship.

Wizard

Guest rickyburke

from coolsmartphone.com......... ;)

Orange Release the M5000

By Gears. Published on 21 Sep 2005.

It looks like the race to launch the first HTC Universal by a network will be won be Orange with their SPV M5000, who today publish two press releases here and here. Although it's probably going to be a few more days before these hit the stores, Orange have said that the 3G tablet-esque handset has been launched today in the UK, France and Switzerland.

Bo***cks

Guest philtech44

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Especially when its ORANGE you're waiting for!!! :?:

Guest nowimboard

Dare one of you to call again ;) I say we make a game of it. Call up, get the name of one person in a particular department, then we call that person and see how many calls he/she can take before they go insane :D

Guest eggedd2k

that'd be a laugh!

the main problem us upgraders are going to face is availability - even if it does come out within the next few weeks i reckon it'll be a good month or so after that before orange have a decent supply of the phones for upgrades.

when the bloke in the local orange business center said theyre still testing the orange software on it i asked him how come then its out in france and switzerland on orange - he had no answer!!

if it's not out on monday my guess will be they've got more serious problems with this phone than we know about

Guest philtech44

I spoke to Orange disconnections last night who said they're expecting it next week and told me to wait until then before leaving. When I said I've had a better offer at 02 he went on about the Orange software included and much better it is (or WILL be!)

...time will tell, eh?

yes... but HOW MUCH TIME WILL IT TAKE O R A N G E ?????????????? :x