M5000 Released to new custoemrs

Guest millay

Guest Larnsky
Despite being given the run around by Orange for 2 months... I actually do feel they will launch it on the 1st.  Fingers crossed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heres hoping!

Speaking with Orange CSR today @ 1.30pm, the M5000 is launched with stock going to Orange Retail 1st. So still no prices for upgrades but it should be available for upgrades :roll: by the end of the week :roll:

BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT

MARK

Guest eggedd2k

just called our local orange shop which apparently is also an orange business center. none in stock yet - told me to try later in the week.

anyone got any ideas what the upgrade cost is likely to be? when we upgraded some of our handsets earlier this year to M2000's the cost was £79.99.

Guest philtech44

Just came off the phone to Orange retentions...

"well its not showing on ma screen..."

surprise, surprise...

less bull Orange, more straight-talking please

Well I've been watching this forum for a while now - calling Orange every day.. much like the rest of you I've been told it's launched but not released (!), and more recently it's released but not in stock!

Today I was told that it was released on Thursday and went out of stock in a matter of hours. I find this hard to believe - it still says 'Coming Soon' on their website - and noone here managed to get one on Thursday either!

I asked why has it been available on other networks for weeks?

A: Ours had serious software problems that we only just fixed - we were going to release in August (like our announcement said), but then found all the problems.

Q: Why has it been available on Orange networks in Switzerland, etc for some time now? They have the same testing procedure don't they?

A: I don't know about that as they're separate companies.. [started mumbling]

So I phoned T-mobile and have told them I want to try them out and if I'm impressed I will bring the other 5 phones our firm has with Orange to them as well.

The deal I got (that Orange will have to beat if they want to keep us - if they ever get the phone) is:

MDA Pro - FREE (for all 5 of us)

Web'n'Walk 200 at £38/month (that's 200 mins and 40mb data)

18 month contract, but 12 of those months are half price - so £19/month.

I quickly worked it out and to get the same voice and data allowance on Orange came to something like £50 i think. You don't get free insurance with T-mobile like Orange but hey - I could buy new handsets if I broke one with the money I saved on line rental and getting the phones free (or pay for a policy with someone else).

I phoned Orange to tell them it was down to them to work out how to keep me over the next 30 days (T-Mobile have given me that long to decide whether or not to keep the phone - if not, I just return it and pay for any calls made). The guy in business services said he can't send a phone they don't have, and wouldn't give a date... so far so good Orange..!

Guest Larnsky
just spoken to orange - it's available to new connections but not upgrades yet. no ideas when either.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you speak to new connections they will just say they have no stock, and they don't know when its coming in! ;)

Guest eggedd2k

i can't quite believe orange. when i spoke to the guy yesterday who sorted out our contract when we joined orange in feb he said that the reason it's been delayed is because of the extra testing orange do - apparently they go "above and beyond" when it comes to new phones. he also said the new blackberry phone orange were the first to release.

i dont know what to do now other than ring up each day.

Guest Larnsky

It is very annoying.... And i feel i have to phone up each day or i'll miss it and they'll run out of stock!

Well if Orange don't have it available soon and i happen to walk past an O2 shop, they may well loose my custom!

Guest dazza12

It's in stock!

I'm currently on the phone processing the upgrade.

EDIT: Order has now been processed - the phone is on it's way and should be with me tomorrow!

I'm logging everything on my site here. However, I will also keep people up to date on this site.

Thank you Orange for keeping your promise.

Edited by dazza12

Guest nowimboard

FOOKING RIGHT DOGGY!!!

IN STOCK! Going through to my rententions guy to get my dicount or it will cost me £200 an something. I dont badword think so, or im off to 02 you orange round shaped C nuts

Guest Larnsky
It's in stock!

I'm currently on the phone processing the upgrade.

EDIT: Order has now been processed - the phone is on it's way and should be with me tomorrow!

I'm logging everything on my site here. However, I will also keep people up to date on this site.

Thank you Orange for keeping your promise.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm so glad i check this forum every second! ;) Saw your original post and contacted them straight away. They first said they didn't have any stock, then they actually checked and they did! Woohoo!

All ordered now, should be with me tmrw! Upgraded to 300 minutes and 500 texts cost was £199

£35/ month

Can't wait!! :D

Guest eggedd2k

i've just spoken to small business customer services - no upgrade stock or details at the moment.

which department did you guys speak to - what was the number?

Edited by eggedd2k

Guest nowimboard

awww breasts, Rententions dont have the discount price on their system yet. Should be soon but still

I WISH i was an important enough customer for them to REALLY want to keep me.

I mean, surely all customers should be like that no matter how much they spend. Orange are s***.

There better be an ass kicking reason for their poor c/s

They have offered me an upgrade too, but the deal SUCKS. I get to pay £149.99 for the handset, and then get 5Mb free a month. Whoopy-doo. Five whole megabytes? OK, so they're doing unlimited data for the first three months, but I'm not interested in gimmicks - I want a decent bundle.

Has anyone managed to get a deal out of Orange that comes close to the web 'n' walk tarrifs from T-Mobile?

Wizard

Guest MSPENCE

Having watched this forum for about 2 months solid daily I have decided to break the duck and post.

I have just come off the phone to retentions and even though I am in the highest band of user they are only able to offer upgrades at standard price.

As stated by someone previously retentions do not yet have the price reductions available showing on the systems and hence can not reduce it yet (I wonder why? Is it to get as many people as possible to pay £150 in the panic of not getting one?)

Still will keep calling....If anyone manages to get one via retentions at the reduced price of £0 let me know....

Guest basharv

At last Orange are processing upgrades. There are also, apparently plans to reduce data costs soon. Got mine free plus an early upgrade with the new Nokia N70 free for my other phone. and got some other concessions as well 8)