Ask Paul [MVP]: SPV C600 Q&A

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Animefan

Could you post a picture comparing the C600 and E200 and that C550 so I can see differences?

I got an e200 but think its time to upgrade, but not sure weather C550 or C600 since you said somethin with consumer and buissiness thing ;)

Whats actual differences between C550 and C600?

if only C600 has 1.3MP cam then just show me pic of C600 and E200 as I want 1.3MP cam real bad :D

Guest iwilliams

I think this sucks

I have been waiting months and months for this phone and people get hold of it .

How do people get hold of this phone before release to the public.

I know someone else who has got the phone last night.

I phoned ORANGE and they told me NO ONE would have them. I think orange should look long and hard at the CS.

Do orange business get them before Jo public or something ?

My bill are always over £200 a month and they do rubbish like this.

Anyway RANT over..

Would you now wait for the C600 or get the QTEK 8310?

I am also a great fan of the C500 shape...

Does the C550 and C600 screens really look different ?

Does the QTEK 8310 and C600 have the same screens? res and size

From a gutted ORANGE USER ( you listening ORANGE?? )

Guest dolphinsmile

Can you set the alarm and see that its set on the home screen?

Can you turn the phone off and rest easy that the alarm will wake you?

Thankyou.

Guest Pondrew

@iwilliams, why the rant? Maybe if you were an MVP and one of the prime movers in the Smartphone field, not to mention the founder of MoDaCo you would get a C600 from Orange to preview too. There's no conspiracy here mate so lets keep things friendly.

Guest iwilliams
@iwilliams, why the rant? Maybe if you were an MVP and one of the prime movers in the Smartphone field, not to mention the founder of MoDaCo you would get a C600 from Orange to preview too. There's no conspiracy here mate so lets keep things friendly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry this isnt anything bad agaisnt you guys.

Just makes me mad when Orange never think about there CS. I have been waiting for this phone for a while now and somehow every man and his dog get them before jo-public.

So the phone is ready why make people wait any longer thats all.

Anyway how is the phone?

Guest Alex_le_brit

Simple question. Can I have it when you've finished with it?

Sorry couldn't resist it. ;)

Slightly more complicated question. A number of people have said that the C550 has poor battery life, what's the real world battery life like with the C600?

Guest machiavell1

Two very important questions for me - How's the RF and call quality compared to other phones you have used (c500 included)?

And, does it play AAC files in WMP10?

Thanks!

Guest Paul [MVP]
Can you set the alarm and see that its set on the home screen?

Can you turn the phone off and rest easy that the alarm will wake you?

Thankyou.

On the Orange default screen you CANNOT see if it is set, but if you switch back to the Windows default homescreen, there is in an indicator.

The alarm won't sound if the phone is off!

P

Guest Paul [MVP]
Simple question. Can I have it when you've finished with it?

Sorry couldn't resist it.  ;)

Slightly more complicated question. A number of people have said that the C550 has poor battery life, what's the real world battery life like with the C600?

Now here's the thing, battery life is very good indeed.

This is one of the reasons why skipping WiFi could have been decided, as I really find I'm not charging the phone as often as I did my C550.

P

Guest Paul [MVP]
Two very important questions for me - How's the RF and call quality compared to other phones you have used  (c500 included)?

And, does it play AAC files in WMP10?

Thanks!

I'd say RF is on par with the C500... I never see a huge amount of difference in radio performance between HTC devices, except perhaps the Smartphone devices I find perform a little better than Pocket PCs, but that's just a bit of personal experience.

No complaints about the radio on the C600 so far.

P

Guest alwoodman

Truly gutted that the M3000 is not coming out on Orange...5 years plus and they do this to me! doesn;t surprise me really its always been a turbulent relationship! So when i heard the news about the lack of UK release... on the blower to buymobilephones.net and O2 here i come. Qtek9100 should be here in 2 weeks... ;)

Lee

Guest Harders
Truly gutted that the M3000 is not coming out on Orange...5 years plus and they do this to me! doesn;t surprise me really its always been a turbulent relationship! So when i heard the news about the lack of UK release... on the blower to buymobilephones.net and O2 here i come. Qtek9100 should be here in 2 weeks... ;)

Lee

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But - the M3000 IS out on Orange already in France - UK shortly

To hear this is very disappointing for me. I have the SMT-5600 (C500) in the US and the reception is less than perfect when compared to other phones. I'm sure it has a bit to do with coverage. I'd really appreciate hearing how it does in fringe areas with normally poor signal coverage.

-Rob

I'd say RF is on par with the C500... I never see a huge amount of difference in radio performance between HTC devices, except perhaps the Smartphone devices I find perform a little better than Pocket PCs, but that's just a bit of personal experience.

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest machiavell1

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks Paul,

How about AACs? Do you know if the WMP10 plays AACs natively now? on the old C500 it didn't, but I remember from the Qtek version that it was capable, so it would be handset/software implementation dependent.

I'd appreciate any feedback on that - it would make up for one of the few shortcomings of the C500!

Guest kalantz

Hi,

Does it support the Greek Language in menus and Greek T9? If yes, can you please check whether it supports 70 or 160 characters in Greek messages?

Thanks

Costas

Greece

Edited by kalantz

Hi Paul

Are you able to test Tom Tom Mobile 5?

Just wondering if it will work on the new phone.

Also if I was to hold off getting this one what is the next C500 type phone expected to be released?

Any idea of time frame? Say I was to wait another 6 months?

Cheers

Fozza

Guest Paul [MVP]
Whats the screen like ?

Is it the same as the qtek 8310 and imate sp5?

better than the C550? 8)

Screen looks fantastic, the fact 'the screen is close to the screen cover' if you know what I mean (unlike the C550) really makes a difference.

It's definitely what impresses people most!

P

Guest Paul [MVP]
Hi,

Does it support the Greek Language in menus and Greek T9? If yes, can you please check whether it supports 70 or 160 characters in Greek messages?

Thanks

Costas

Greece

My handset has only T9 English, French, German, Italian and Dutch.

It IS the UK build tho!

P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.