Ask Paul [MVP]: SPV C600 Q&A

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest vadim21

Hey Paul!

I am new in smartphones, the questions might be stupid, however I would like to know weather it's possible or not to sync the C600 with the computer through bluetooth, and as well to use the computer's internet connection, via bluetooth.

I live in france and the qtek 8310 isnt out yet here[if you have any information on its premiere please tell me], in your opinion should I wait for it just for the wi fi, or the C600 is good enough?

Is the MSN messenger using a lot of KB while using it on gprs?

What about the orange signature? Is there any options to unable it?

What about Desimloking?

Does the pack include a miniSD card?

Thank you!

V.

left to right:

M5000, c500, c600,c550, k-jam, SP5m, mpx220(?)

I'm bound to have got one wrong, so don't bother flaming, just pm me so i can change it!.

Will

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Called orange again today and they just say its in for testing and will be released anyday now.

Heres hoping for monday then.

Louis

Guest efission
Called orange again today and they just say its in for testing and will be released anyday now.

Heres hoping for monday then.

Louis

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I called Orange again, apparently there is an issue with testing and they are now aiming for the first week of December. Said they could do the M5000 for me on my £30 contract for £90, but its a bulky thing and they couldn't do me any deals on data.

Played with the T-mobile Vario (M300), it's amazing and free on t-mobile (£38 with 40mb of Net) but t-mobile don't have any decent text deals.

Doh

,Oct 27 2005, 21:06]My handset has only T9 English, French, German, Italian and Dutch.

It IS the UK build tho!

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Paul. I was really glad to see you had the phone so I could get an idea of what it's like! :D

BUT! I was a bit dissapointed that the screen is unreadable when the backlight goes off. Does this mean the screen is not as good as on the c500 apart from the res ? (what do you think), or am I just being picky. Is the cover as close to the screen as on the c500, I would be forever grateful if you could find a way to compare this somehow to let me know if there is a big diffrence. The C600 seems to have a slight more curvy front than the c500 so there might be more of a gap, no? ;)

Other than that, I got my c500 from UK, and since I depend on the nordic letters such as æ, ø, and å, I was really sad to read the c600 does not have danish t9! Is there a possibility that some will be sold with danish t9, or have they left that out in the c600 for good?:cry: I guess one would have to get in touch with Orange themselfs to get an answer to that, but it would be nice to know in advance.

Thanx a billion for all the helpful answers, and keep up the good work 8)

Edited by anna

Guest morpheus2702

Hi Paul

My main question is what do you think of WM5.0 as an opearting system compared to WM2003SE? Granted you have only had the C600 for a few days, but are there any significant features beyond the grid view and USB2.0 connectivity that have stuck in your mind and thought 'nice touch'?

Cheers

Guest UniqueTouch
Hallo . Anybody knows if unlocking works the same way and with the same free software than that from the C500 and C550?

Thanks

Frankie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep it does ;)

More questions ;):

- How is the volume compared to SPV C500?

- How is the volume compared to imate SP5? (I think it's the same if they both use the same structure, but not sure...)

Thanks.

EDIT: i forgot to ask about the joystick...

- How does the C600 joystick feels? It's feels stronger or not? I don't want to have problems with the joystick as i-mate SP3i/SP5 or other HTC smartphone :evil: :D

Edited by DSF

Guest Paul [MVP]
- does this phone have auto re-dial?

- have they improved text delivery reports i.e. 'ticked' sent text messages instead of getting a seperate text back with just a number and no contact?

- Have you found out whether this phone will be free on upgrade

- I am still interested where the status light is? does the earpeice light up or is the led on top?

Thanks

- No auto re-dial...

- Delivery reports are the same

- I will pass to Orange

- Indicators are next to the earpiece.

P

Guest Paul [MVP]
Paul,

Do you know which Bluetooth profiles the C600 has?  My Bluetooth carkit supports phonebook synchronisation, but apparently requires the "Object Exchange" profile in order to do so, and my current SPV C500 does not have this bluetooth profile.  It would be nice to know whether the C600 includes this profile.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mark

This now works properly!

I hadn't noticed until I was using my Parrot CK3300 car kit and all my contacts were in there ;)

P

Guest Paul [MVP]
left to right:

M5000, c500, c600,c550, k-jam, SP5m, mpx220(?)

I'm bound to have got one wrong, so don't bother flaming, just pm me so i can change it!.

Will

So near Will... that's a Dopod 585 rather than a SP5m ;)

P

I've read every post so far and i have not seen the answer to this.

Have Orange bothered to get back to you about the Security pack option for push technology on SP5/exchange SP2 being a free OS upgrade for the c600?

The question was asked and you said you sent it to orange but so far no answer.

Im hoping i can get my boss to help fund the upgrade as a business expense (as it basically will be) but i dont want to waste his money if orange bring out a new phone that has the push technology in it and you dont get a free OS upgrade for the c600 and have to buy the C601! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cold_fire

Does it have the "TSSS" noise like C500 when playing audio or video ?Sorry if this has been asked b4 ,the topic is 11 pages long and my dial-up connection is slow.

Thanx ! :shock:

Paul [MVP] or someone with a C600 i hope you will answer to my questions asked about ~2 weeks ago... I really want to know if C600 has problems with joystick :cry: .. as i've read that the new imate SP5 has problem with the joystick.. damn htc..

Guest charlwillis

Any more news on when Orange will be releasing this, and did you get a reply back about whether it would be an Upgrade phone?

I'm due to upgrade today but want to wait until the C600 is out...

Guest craigkjones
Any more news on when Orange will be releasing this, and did you get a reply back about whether it would be an Upgrade phone?

I'm due to upgrade today but want to wait until the C600 is out...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just phoned Orange and they are now saying end of December or early January :) With xmas coming up, my bet is mid January.

Guest charlwillis
Just phoned Orange and they are now saying end of December or early January  :)  With xmas coming up, my bet is mid January.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thought as much - thank you.

Guest spvdreamer

That confirms what I had heard as well - January 2006. Very, very disappointing. I've literally had the cash sat in an envelope waiting since August. The lack of "joined up thinking" in Orange is breathtaking.

Guest iwilliams
That confirms what I had heard as well - January 2006. Very, very disappointing. I've literally had the cash sat in an envelope waiting since August. The lack of "joined up thinking" in Orange is breathtaking.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is why I moaned at the first few posts about Orange.

I have just phoned them and told Mid Jan now. This is rubbish . I upgraded in sept 21st and still no handset.

How can other people get hold of it. Surely its ready for release if the buisnes market have them..

Why would like hold it back? Because they feel us JO PUBLIC couldnt use it or is the buisness user a better user?

Guest iwilliams
Can anyone tell how the screen and display compairs of the C600 to the SP5?

Is it better, more clear or the same?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At the moment it doesnt compare because you cant get them

Guest Monolithix [MVP]
At the moment it doesnt compare because you cant get them

From what i've seen i seem to remember the SP5 having a clearer screen (due to there being less of a gap between the tft and the clear plastic cover...)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.