M5000 Available For Upgrades

Guest rickyburke

Guest VulakAerr

Ah, well that's not so bad then. My contract isn't up until December but I've been due an upgrade since September, so I guess the PAC code option wasn't available to me anyway. I guess I should be pretty happy with the £150 tag then. ;)

Guest Markda2000

my contract is up in Jan but you can still request a pac code to get a better price. All you have to do is buy out the remainder of your contract. In my case it was £30 after dropping to the lowest tariff for the unused months.

In this situation though they will ask you to pay there and then and once you have I believe they will cut your connection.

So how I a have played it is to ask for the pac get the price for paying up and then tell them I will ring back once I have ensured my new service provider has connected me.

So you can go all the way upto the point of disconnection to get a better price. Just dont cross that line unless you are sure

Guest eggedd2k

SUCCESS AT LAST!! What do think to this?:

phoned 150 this morning regarding our business account (£300 per month shared between 7 users) and was told that for me to upgrade, being on Band 1 (the lowest spender of the account) it will cost £380 to upgrade.

phone our orange business manager who set the account up for us in Feb. He told me that it shouldn't be done on Bands it should in fact be done on the account as a whole - making us a high usage account and should only be £150 to upgrade my handset. he said he'd get his office to ring me - his office (the local high street shop) also doubles as the business center.

his office rang me at 4.30 tonight - told me that it WAS done on bands at that it would be £380 to upgrade. back to stage one.

i told the girl who rang me (the shop assistant manager) that I was told by our business manager it should be about £150 and based on the account as a whole. i told her to speak to him and ring me back. just before I put the phone down she said he'd just walked in and would speak to him straight away and ring me back. just for extra oompf' i asked her for the number i'd need in order to get 7 pac codes for all of our users.

4.55pm she rang back - i was just getting ready to go home.

"We'll put your upgrade and any others that want to upgrade through as the main Band 5 user - the M5000 will be £149 and we'll also give you an extra £20 off - the total will be £129. You'll need to pay for it in store rather than have it added to the next bill"

SUCCESS AT LAST! As it's done direct with the shop I cant ring up CS and get them to send it as they might not be able to do the same deal. the shop are getting 3 by the end of the week and one will have my name on it. they said as soon as it comes in i can go fetch it.

it's been a load of hassle but my persistence has paid off!

thanks to all on here for the info on what's been going on.

At last eh!

Guest Markda2000

Well I have finally jumped ship.

I have been waiting for Orange to release this for ages as I have never wanted really to leave them despite never having had a handset that worked since my last upgrade (I am on my seventh Z1010). But when they do release it they have no respectable tariffs.

Currently I am on 50mb of data free but if I upgrade I will lose that.

I did a quick comparison between T-mobile and Orange. and here are the findings.

Orange M5000 free

Tmobile MDA Pro £99.99 (after bartering)

18 months of line rental at £30 per month 200 mins (+100mins family plan) with Orange = £540

18 months data of 25mb £288, 18months of 60 texts from orange £72.00

Total with Orange £900

Tmobile 18 months of 200 mins + 40mb data free £402 (including 12 months half price)

50 texts per month for 18 months @£3.50 permonth = £63.00

Total Tmobile = £564.99 a saving of over £300 even after I have paid Orange £30 to pay off my remaining two months of Contract.

Yes I will lose 100 mins per month but will gain 15mb of data.

Orange I really wanted to stay with you but my loyalty to you is not repaid.

My T-mobile should be with me in the morning (before 1 they claim)

BTW Orange messed up the Z1010 by putting theire homescreen on it and that is why I have had 7 handsets. Plus putting their software on other phone have caused issues with them also, such as the 6680. I hope for the sake of all those sticking with the M5000 has been because Orange have been ironing out the problems with the software and not fudging them.

Guest zarquon

The price eggedd2k was quoted and the reasons explain my experience today.

I called the Business line (345) this afternoon to check when the contract on my M2000 expired. I thought is was near the end of the month and sure enough I was told it was on the 25th (Christmas one month early ;) ). Not having had a chance to log in to modaco today I thought I would ask if they had any idea M5000 pricing. I was told it was available and an upgrade would cost £379 when I was eligible.

I queried this as my upgrade to the M2000 was only £99 and while I expected M5000 to be in the £149-199 range this came as a bit of a shock.

I am one of 6 phones and the only M2000 on contract (we do have an imate pda2k) on a talk share 700 plan. Our average bill over the 3 of the last 4 months has been £180 and the 4th £296 and I assume that they have priced the same way as they did for eggedd2k.

The lady did say to call back nearer the time and they would see what they could do.

The company I work for will pay for phone upgrades up to a maximum of £100 so I better start saving the pennies.

I suppose I could play the PAC code game as all the other phones are now over 12 months old, but when ever any body phones us and tries to sell us a new phone contracts and we tell them ‘fine, give us a quote, this is what we have and this is what we pay’ (and we give them the real figures), we never hear from them again. Well not for three months and a then we get the ‘Hi I’m new to “insert company name here” and was just wondering if we could help lower your mobile phone bill’ and we go through the whole rigmarole again, and never hear from them again. Well not for three mo… I suppose it is our fault for having a company name that starts with A.

I sometimes wish that system of subsidised phones would disappear and that the phone makers compete for our business by producing better/cheaper phones and the networks compete by the lower cost/higher quality of their services.

Guest basharv

I'm due to get my new M5000 tomorrow for nothing. Went through to Business support on 345 and negotiated it by quoting O2's prices. I use a talkshare 1000 with me using most of the minutes. I looked at T-mobile but their 3G coverage is rubbsh compared to Orange who probably have one of the best networks. I got a try free for a month data package and I was tlold that by the time the try out expires, Orange will have dropped their data prices as they know they are not so competitive. Oranges cuspomer care is far better than O2's as I have had nothing but grief from them before so even if the tarriff is higher, the service is worth it.

Guest eggedd2k

zarquon - if you keep on at them they'll budge on the price - our contract isnt due to expire till next year and i managed to screw them down from £379 to £129 somehow. if possible you should speak to the person who set the contract up for you in the first place. it took me all day on and off today to get the price down to £129 - and that was dealing with our original sales chap and our local business office (the orange shop). the central upgrades dept wont be able to do anything on the price (i dont think).

Guest philtech44

Hey, has anyone actually taken delivery of their Orange SPV M5000 yet?

I have my upgrade being delivered today but want to know beforehand what size memory card they are supplying??

Got mine for 'nil points' zilch, rien, big fat zero pounds / euros!

Heh heh

Checked with Upgrade CS this morning & obtained Parecline Consignment Number.. and hey its on the van at 08:44hrs today WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Just ordered my FREE M5000 - will be here in three working days.

Rang upgrades got quoted £149 for the M5000 - told them i was unhappy and could get the phone for nothing with O2 and Tmobile with the amount I spend and hey presto through to retentions who gave me the phone for nothing! ;)

O2 400 tarif - 400 inc minutes - 100 texts - Gprs bundle 4mb - £50 a month

Will report next week!!

Can't wait!

Guest zarquon
dealing with our original sales chap and our local business office (the orange shop).  the central upgrades dept wont be able to do anything on the price (i dont think).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The five phones that were upgraded last year were done through a local shop/reseller but the M2000 was done direct with orange, I nabbed one the day it was released I think.

We originally delt directly with Orange some 7 or 8 years ago and have generally delt direct when adding and removing phones from the account. I'm sure I'll be able to get them down on price... it just came as an shock

I will report back at the end of the month

Guest stanthebiker

I just got off the phone with Orange Business Customer Service (345). They quoted £299 to upgrade from my E200 and when I told them that was more than I was willing to pay, they came back after a few mins on hold with £249.

I asked them for a PAC code, which they were only too pleased to give me! No attempt to retain this customer.

Did you guys all go through the Business Customer Service or the regular Customer Service? (150)

What sort of monthly spend do you guys that are getting severe reductions on this handset have?

Guest eggedd2k

we've got 7 people on our business contract - the monthly bill is about £350.

i sorted out my upgrade to the m5000 with two people - 1st was the guy who originally sorted out our contract in feb this year - he said £149 and told me to ring the local orange shop which is also a business center who would sort out the upgrade for me.

its not coming direct from orange upgrades - it's all being sorted out by the shop - sounds like a special deal or something.

they're getting the phones in (hopefully) by friday

Guest eltocado

well, here is the thing. I got the fone for nothing, through retentions. And on top of it i manage to get 50 quid towards my next invoice. Last few invoices were a bit high tho *august and september it was 450 quid.

Guest afhstingray

i dint bother ....called the "if you are thinking of leaving orange" department straight away and they gave it to me for a rather odd sum of 89 pounds.

Guest Chumley

First time posting here so here goes...

My recent Orange M5000 upgrade attempt / result from Orange.

I have just had a 12 month Orange contract for my C500 run out and was / am seriously thinking about leaving Orange (for Vodafone Pay Monthly Sim Packs (as you can use the 1000 per month texts as GPRS data apparently - nice)) mainly due to several features / benefits having been lost i.e. Wildfire and now with the £2.55+VAT non Direct Debit (or Orange shop payment) charge etc.

Anyway having been with Orange since 1996, the chap at Orange 'thinking of leaving section' was very quick (almost too quick!) on the offer of £105 for the M5000 for another 12 month contract (only) Talk 120 - my usually but my bills for the last year have averaged about £42 approx. (yes, mostly data !).

What do people think of this offer?

The chap has noted this offer with my account and also for my convenience almost immediately SMSed me the direct 0800 telephone number in order to easily get back to them to go ahead with it.

I think it is a fair offer (no 1000Mb of data for 3 months though) but one thing I would like is feedback. Also if I upgrade, would the new 3G SIM (would be main number after the upgrade) work in my existing C500 as I don't want to tie myself to carrying quite a hefty phone around all the time?

Cheers

Edited by Chumley

Guest afhstingray

im wondering what happens if you do not register the new sim....and just go on using the old sim.

im not sure how good that offer is, since i spend about 35-45 a month, on a 25 pound a month plan (1000 off peak)

im on a band 4, and they charged me 89 quid for it.

(yay!! should be getting it tomorrow)

Guest FrankyG

Just off the phone to rententions, who offered me the M5000 for £89.99, and will let me keep my Select 500 tariff £25/ 500 anytime mins plus a few hundred texts. Sounds not bad....but I want to push it a bit further hehe :-)

What sort of tariffs are you guys getting the M5000 on? Did you get any extras thrown in, like bluetooth h/set, leather case etc?

Oh, one problem: it's just gone out of stock today...D'oh! More next week (he said, hopefully!)

Guest Chumley
Just off the phone to rententions, who offered me the M5000 for £89.99, and will let me keep my Select 500 tariff £25/ 500 anytime mins plus a few hundred texts. Sounds not bad....but I want to push it a bit further hehe :-)

What sort of tariffs are you guys getting the M5000 on? Did you get any extras thrown in, like bluetooth h/set, leather case etc?

Oh, one problem: it's just gone out of stock today...D'oh! More next week (he said, hopefully!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting indeed..

If you don't mind divulging, what has been your usual monthly spend with Orange over the last year?

This information certainly helps with judging how far I can try for a lower price upgrade offer especially as it seems quite possible to run an upgrade 3G SIM in my existing C500.

Cheers

Guest FrankyG
Interesting indeed..

If you don't mind divulging, what has been your usual monthly spend with Orange over the last year?

This information certainly helps with judging how far I can try for a lower price upgrade offer especially as it seems quite possible to run an upgrade 3G SIM in my existing C500.

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Quite variable - usually between £45-£60, but on occasion it's been £100. The guy at Orange did say 'I must have jumped through hoops' to get that tariff! But bear in mind that I got that tariff based on the previous years spend, which was higher still, and I did have a couple of months of bills over £150, thanks to a couple of weeks couped up in a French hospital!!

It's a great tariff, but I just keep using gprs...which bumps my bills up considerably. Now, if I get the M5000, I can use the wifi with huge bandwith which is near my office no more GPRS extortion ;)

Hope it does come in next week....the more I think, the deal offered to me was pretty good.

Hey, was just wondering; Could I use the M5000 wifi to access the net, but share it's internet connection with my office desktop PC..either by bluetooth ot usb connection? That would get me on to certain sites which I can't using the office PC...such as logmein.com etc and chat/gaming sites. In theory, of course.

Cheers...

Guest thelondonthing

An update for those who, like myself, haven't yet upgraded to the SPV M5000 (I was unfortunate enough to call on the morning that they ran out of upgrade stock): having spoken to two CSRs at Orange Premier today, I've been informed twice that the new upgrade stock is expected "in two weeks". Needless to say, I'm not a happy bunny.