Wizard Stock Watch

Guest battletank

Guest battletank

I thought it might be useful for potential buyers visiting this site to know what has Wizards for sale.

Having just spent 30 minutes waiting in the phone queue trying to get through to BuyMobilePhones.net, I now understand that the Qtek 9100's expected today will actually be arriving tomorrow.

I see that Expansys, who were also expecting them today, now say they'll be arriving in two days.

Scancom apparently have the K-Jam in stock, and are selling them bundled with a low-price T-Mobile deal (it would appear to NOT actually be the MDA Vario).

Any other news on availability?

Guest The B.A.
Scancom apparently have the K-Jam in stock, and are selling them bundled with a low-price T-Mobile deal (it would appear to NOT actually be the MDA Vario).

Any other news on availability?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Er, got mine delivered Saturady morning from Scancom and it most definitly is the MDA Vario...

Guest battletank
Er, got mine delivered Saturady morning from Scancom and it most definitly is the MDA Vario...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fair enough - their webpage showing the deal lists brand as "Imate HTC" at the bottom of the page. Odd!

Guest The B.A.
Fair enough - their webpage showing the deal lists brand as "Imate HTC" at the bottom of the page.  Odd!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I noticed that when I looked, i think there is a description saying "i-mate K- JAM" on there somewhere. I asked when I phoned up on Friday if it was a T Mobile branded one and they confirmed it was (not that I was overly fussed as long as I got a Wizard ;) ).

Never delt with Scancom before, I found them OK, ordered the phone at 11:00 Fri morning and at 7:15 Sat morning the postie was knocking the front door in... (Still i wasnt going to complain, I left that to the wife)

Guest battletank
According to THIS url ... the Qtek 9100 is available on Orange (as the Qtek 9100)

Am I missing something here ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No - the retailer is putting together a phone and network package. It's not Orange branded, and you couldn't get it as an upgrade.

I knew I should have patented that 'Wizard Watch' idea! ;)  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually when I posted my thread, I wanted to add it as a reply to your thread, but didn't know if you would mind since it is about another topic, therefore I decided to open a new thread

The "Wizard Watch" idea is truly great in getting people to read your thread, and I just needed it. Sorry ...

Guest MitchellO

Any Australians who want to get the K-JAM, I got mine from AnythingOnline ( www.anythingonline.com.au ) a week ago, and it only took 4 days (over a weekend too!) to get here. Highly recommend them.

Guest adchaffey
The "Wizard Watch" idea is truly great in getting people to read your thread, and I just needed it. Sorry ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No worries! I'll stop interrupting this useful thread now with useless posts!

;) :D

Guest battletank
Having just spent 30 minutes waiting in the phone queue trying to get through to BuyMobilePhones.net, I now understand that the Qtek 9100's expected today will actually be arriving tomorrow.

I see that Expansys, who were also expecting them today, now say they'll be arriving in two days. 

BuyMobilePhones.net now say they've not received any and don't know when they will. Unsurprisingly, I cancelled my order.

Expansys are sold out of the MDA Vario - stocks due in a week. They are expecting the QTek 9100 tomorrow, and the iMate K-Jam on 25th November.

Scancom.co.uk still showing the MDA Vario as in stock. Order placed accordingly (U-Fix 15 - definitely the cheapest Wizard).

Edited by battletank

Guest adam@wizzy
BuyMobilePhones.net now say they've not received any and don't know when they will.  Unsurprisingly, I cancelled my order.

Expansys are sold out of the MDA Vario - stocks due in a week.  They are expecting the QTek 9100 tomorrow, and the iMate K-Jam on 25th November.

Scancom.co.uk still showing the MDA Vario as in stock.  Order placed accordingly (U-Fix 15 - definitely the cheapest Wizard).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi, i have also placed an order with buymobilephones.net and was initially told last week they would be receiving 50. Rang Monday and was told it was being despatched, but when they emailed the confirmation they had messed up the order and were going to send a qtek s110. Now they are saying they haven't had the 50 form last week delivered and and are expecting them at the end of the week. I think they don't know themselves when they are getting some in and are just keeping customers hanging on. Seriously thinking of cancelling the order.

Guest battletank
I think they don't know themselves when they are getting some in and are just keeping customers hanging on. Seriously thinking of cancelling the order.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just got a call from Scancom and though "oh no, here we go again", but they just wanted to confirm a couple of details and said that the phone would be delivered tomorrow.

Guest DancingMatt
Hmmm, I guess u guys already know that the T-Mobile stores and apparently T-Mobile telesales have the Wizard available branded as the MDA Vario.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does anyone know of a T-Mobile store where they a) sell them and ;) have one you can actually handle and try out? I mean it's going to cost £100s over the contract, and it's a totally new form factor of a phone, surely it's not surprising that someone (ME!) wants to actually try using it?!?!

It was thanks to an Orange Business store that I decided I wouldn't get on with the Magician (M500) because I couldn't use it one handed... so if you want to try to persuade me that the Vario is easy one handed - say to enter a calendar appointment with a specific start date and start time - then please tell me so! 'Cos I do really just want to order it but I'm trying to be sensible... :?:

Guest Phil Lee
so if you want to try to persuade me that the Vario is easy one handed - say to enter a calendar appointment with a specific start date and start time - then please tell me so! 'Cos I do really just want to order it but I'm trying to be sensible...  :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've just tried it on my Vario and it is just about possible to enter an appointment into the calendar one handed. From the Today screen, click on the left soft button to open the calendar. Click on the rght soft button and select New Appointment. On the subject heading, click the centre button for some default titles or leave blank for no subject. Click on the start date to open a month view and use the joypad to select the day of the appointment. Set the time by clicking in the time field and scrolling down ta list of times on the hour and half hour. Repeat this for the end time. Use similar actions for the remaining items. Once this is done you have to press the OK button at the top right of the screen. This requires a press on the screen. If you don't want to do this you can assign one of the hardware buttons to the OK/Close action. I've used the IE/T-zones button for this on my Vario.

Obviously it is easier to enter an appointment using the stylus and/or keyboard but it is possible to do without them.

Edited by Phil Lee

Guest Pondrew
Does anyone know of a T-Mobile store where they a) sell them and ;) have one you can actually handle and try out? I mean it's going to cost £100s over the contract, and it's a totally new form factor of a phone, surely it's not surprising that someone (ME!) wants to actually try using it?!?!

It was thanks to an Orange Business store that I decided I wouldn't get on with the Magician (M500) because I couldn't use it one handed... so if you want to try to persuade me that the Vario is easy one handed - say to enter a calendar appointment with a specific start date and start time - then please tell me so! 'Cos I do really just want to order it but I'm trying to be sensible...  :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DancingMatt, just responded to your pm, it was the Croydon T-Mobile store (by Virgin Megastore) that I tried it out in.

Guest kingronnie

Ordered mine last night from T-Mobile telesales and the guy said that I was lucky because 'there's only one left in stock now that you've got yours!'

Don't know if this is correct, but I should think they've sold out by now if that's the case.

He also said that he hadn't seen one in the flesh, but he'd read Gears' review and was really impressed! 8) Nice one coolsmartphone!

BTW, I'm another person who's defected from Orange so that I can upgrade from my C500 to a Vario. I was awaiting a C600 but decided on a PPC instead, then Orange announced that the M3000 wasn't coming out in the UK and that was the last straw. I'm now on a better price plan for less money with the handset I want. I was with Orange for 7 years, it's going to be interesting to see how T-Mobile match up, but so far I'm impressed. Roll on Tuesday morning when mine gets delivered ;)

I am in the same boat - long time customer of Orange (10 years +) but am livid that they have chosen not to include the phone I want in their range. I may well be on the move.

Do you mind me asking the tariff you went for kingronnie and how much you paid for the phone?

Also ... where did you get it from (is there a web page) as I can't seem to see the Vario on the T-Mobile site at all.

Thanks.

Guest kingronnie
I am in the same boat - long time customer of Orange (10 years +) but am livid that they have chosen not to include the phone I want in their range. I may well be on the move.

Do you mind me asking the tariff you went for kingronnie and how much you paid for the phone?

Also ... where did you get it from (is there a web page) as I can't seem to see the Vario on the T-Mobile site at all.

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got it from the telesales line. I found the number on Coolsmartphone

I got the phone free (well, inclusive!) with the web'n'walk 200 (200 cross-network minutes, and 40Mb GPRS per month) I also added a 100 text bundle. This was on an 18 month contract with 12 months half price:

T-mobile's Web'n'Walk page

Thanks for the info ...

So, a total price of £384 which is pretty good - especially with the inclusive airtime and GPRS allowance.

Just need to decide now whether to spread the cost on a T-Mobile contract like this, or opt to stay with Orange (for now) and go for the sim free Qtek 9100.

Decisions, decisions!

Guest battletank
Just need to decide now whether to spread the cost on a T-Mobile contract like this, or opt to stay with Orange (for now) and go for the sim free Qtek 9100.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The cheapest 'sim free' option is to buy the Vario on T-Mobile's U-Fix 15 tariff (£80+VAT for the handset, then £15/month for 12 months) then unlock it at www.imei-check.com for £20. I make that £294 all in. I haven't seen the QTek 9100 or iMate K-Jam advertised for anything like that.

I have to say however, if I was paying my own phone bill (I'm not, hence wanting a sim-free option), the T-Mobile Web'n'Walk package is fantastic value. Of course, it depends what T-Mobile coverage is like in your area... T-Mobile might also become less attractive if Orange do deploy EDGE technology on their UK network.

Thanks for the info ...

So, a total price of £384 which is pretty good - especially with the inclusive airtime and GPRS allowance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its £402 (£35 for the 10th-15th months, £16 for 12 months), plus £5.99 postage if you get it delivered. CoPilot Live 6 is another £159.99.

Mine arrived at 8am on Saturday morning after ordering from T-Mobile telesales at 3.30pm on Friday. I now need to get a Brodit Proclip bracket for my car. I fancy the one that holds it side-on so that I can use the keyboard

Really don't want to be tied into another contract and would prefer to stay with Orange if possible as I know many people on Orange and I have a pretty unusual but good tariff with them. The U-Fix option does seem very good value though.

I think it has to be sim free - but my next problem is where from?

Any good / bad or indifferent experiences?

I was considering :

mobilefun

phones2udirect

komplett

Any thoughts / experiences with these retailers would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by xspyda