Gameboy emulator for SPV - ALPHA code

Guest spacemonkey

Been having a look at sound, looks a bit odd but not too bad.. Shall try my hand at optimising code tonight - Zelda is my personal priority ;) Haven't had a late night coding session in a while, time to change that :-D

Guest spacecowboy6982

hey y'all !!!

I am having so much bloody trouble with this you would not believe. Some1 said sumthn bout unlocking the fone first??? I would really luv 2 play all these games so if any of you experts can enlighten me it would be v. much appreciated,

Cheers

Spacecowboy

Ok i took the plunge, and did it, now with my fresh new phone, i wanted to have a play with this emulator, of course i don't own a gameboy, so are there FREEware or similar roms? so i can see how it works?

tried searching for free gameboy roms.. and got p*rn, p*rn and a little more p*rn!

Will

(also any chance of a recap on the state of the latest version available?)

Woo good job to you all!

;)

Right, been testing a few roms. heres the results so far...

Grand Theft Auto 2 - runs...slowly.

Pokemon Blue (gameboy - not colour) - runs perfectly

Driver - Didnt work

Pokemon crystal - didnt work

Metal Gear Solid - Works Great!!!!

Ill post more results when i find more, if you want me to.

Still looking for a mario rom but cant find it, if someone could pm me with details of d/ling it, much appreciated. I have original by the way

Fantastic effort!

keep it going.

just one request?

Would it be a major diff to have a little proggy to list all roms and rename as needed?

a menu of roms we could select? still waiting for specially ordered credit card to arrive so i can buy all-explorer.. unless there is an unsigned phone explorer?

if not i better start polishing up my c

Will

Spacemonkey is wokring on a list i suggested he uses this:

http://www.smartphonedn.com/articles/splistview.html

but to make it work you have to download WTL

http://www.smartphonedn.com/libraries/index.html

Didnt hear a reply so i dont know if he tried it, but id be intrested to know, however this might be a real arse way to get a list working i have no idea since i havnt tried it, its all up to spacemonkey. For getting us this far he deserves the title LEGEND, i cant believe im playing zelda!

DJ Hope

Guest spacemonkey

Yep, currently working on the ROM list at startup... should be out in an hour or so... got the code working in a seperate demo app just gotta import it into GNUBoy.

Guest spacecowboy6982

Yeah Lads this is looking so damn hot......4 U !!!

Yes i still dont have a bloody clue wot 2 do with the mxipcold files etc wen therein notepad...gonna wait on this new app. wotever it does lol

SpaceCowboy

Guest crimminsky

find the security bit with the numbers, change the numbers to the ones in the post and go from there....good luck. you wont believe how much you will love your phone afterwards ;)

Cheers Superb work..

Will

but it 'doesn't actually work just goes black, then back to main menu on phone

path = Storage CardProgram FilesGnuBoy

version created on : 24 January 2003, 01:03:08

EEp

Wow thats great! Works a treat for me, have you changed the actual emulation side to it at all? I.e. optimised it anymore, do you have plans to add sound?

Well done on a great app, best available! ;)

Cheers Superb work..

Will

but it 'doesn't actually work just goes black, then back to main menu on phone

path  = Storage CardProgram FilesGnuBoy

version created on : 24 January 2003, 01:03:08

EEp

The file hasn't been carried across correctly - I had this problem, and realised that for some reason, the old version hadn't been overwritten...

what details should the file be?

The stuff up there was correct, but is this quoted directly from the SPV?

Try deleting gnuboy.exe and recopying it, and make sure the GnuBoy dir for Roms actually exists with a gbc file in it...