Smartphone Game Emulators for C550

Guest Parallax20

Guest Jamma14

Works fine here parallax!

And @efishta, what emulator are you using? The one that comes with visual studio 2005?

That would may be able to run code compiled for the arm processor, but the one with eVC4 had to be compiled for separately...

Guest wabawaba

i have found a pretty useful tip for key binding. For those of you (like me) who do not want the d-pad preset to the arrow keys (or joystick), all you have to do is use an older version of POCKETSNES (u should use the one i posted), set the keys, exit, load the game up on Paralaxes, and voila, you should have the arrow keys set to w.e u set it on the other version. *BEWARE, the option button is preset to right soft, so if you want it somewhere else, make sure none of the other buttons (a,b,x,y,l,r) are set to right soft. After setting the option button to what u want, then set the key u want (such as a,b,x,y,l, or r) to the right soft key .

CHEERS

Parallax20,

Is there a way to use the volume buttons as playbuttons in PicoDrive? As it is now, the vol+ (or vol-, can't remember) is used to switch portrait/landscape mode, so one can not use it as playbuttons (A, ;).

Maybe you can block the Comm manager button also, so this one can be used as playbutton also, intead of bringing the Comm manager. And maybe even the camera button ?

(I just noticed I can't switch the buttons at all now, Sonic starts up, but after a while the demo starts playing .. hmm)

And another thing. Sound. Please enable this option in settings.

/E

Guest mini_man
QUOTE(mini_man @ Dec 22 2005, 20:45)

Are the ones in the first post landscape and by landscape do u mean tipping phone on its side as it seems to be a portrait version.

Both my builds of PicoDrive and PocketSNES have landscape capabilities if you feel portait is shrinking your image too much or find the buttons less accessible. Landscape mode allows you to display full console resolution plus use of the whole keypad in a more comfortable way. At the end of the day, its whatever suits you best. Most people prefer landscape as it utilises a bigger screen area and makes playing games more pleasurable.

Parralax u didnt answer my first question. Are the links in your first post Landsape as the links down the bottom only show this and i cant download that as there is no link

please can you email me landscape pocketsnes to [email protected]

Guest Parallax20
Parralax u didnt answer my first question. Are the links in your first post Landsape as the links down the bottom only show this and i cant download that as there is no link

please can you email me landscape pocketsnes to [email protected]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All current files are in the first post. if you can't click on the link the download then its an old file.

Parallax.

Guest Parallax20
when i select options only on portrait is avalible thought?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Portrait/Landscape Left/Landscape Right should be available. When portrait is highlighted, use the left/right cursor to change screen modes.

Guest diablist

Hi!!

I try to use PicoDrive on Motorola MPX200, it's run all games try'ed, but i can't anderstand how to setup keys, i try but can't it's not work. Please HELP me.

And about PoketSNES, anybody try to ran any game, what game works?

p.s Please Sorry for my English, am not speak English.

Guest Parallax20
Hi!!

I try to use PicoDrive on Motorola MPX200, it's run all games  try'ed, but i can't anderstand how to setup keys, i try but can't it's not work. Please HELP me.

And about PoketSNES, anybody try to ran any game, what game works?

p.s Please Sorry for my English, am not speak English.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On the main screen select OPTIONS->Config Keys. Follow the onscreen instructions for configuring your game keys.

Parallax.

Guest Parallax20
Oh!! Im sorry, it is working. Senks ;)

And how about SNES, what games working?

ALL!!! Happy New YEAR :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You'll have to try a few of your favorite and see.... Trial and error unfortunately.

Parallax.

Guest Parallax20
Great work ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can someone tell me if PocketSNES fails completely on C500. Theres a few reports of PocketSNES not working on low res screens since the core upgrade to snes9x 1.43. I'm trying to track down the problem, but currently not too successful. If its a common fault I'll continue to find a fix, otherwise I will cut my losses and move onto something else.

Thanks.

Parallax.

What about GBC & GG lol damn i tested Morphgear on a PPC with similar speed it's amazing for GG/GBC and i think i recognized the core used on SmartGear on SpvC500

Guest Superslimjimmy
You'll have to try a few of your favorite and see.... Trial and error unfortunately.

Parallax.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok well i have tried a few games and most are very slow. I guess i can put up with it but i want to know if i could make it faster. I set it at CPU 100 and frameskip 4 (frameskip doesnt really seem to make it any better any way i adjust it). Does the size of the Rom influence the speeds or do i just have to try all 5 versions of the same game in order to see if it will work.

Guest efishta

So when you try to debug it, you do not see any problems with the program's execution?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/mobility/windows...ew/default.aspx Can't you use this to debug the program? It says that it is compatible with eVC4, so you should be able to use it to debug the program.

Provides support for more development environments. The emulator has been tested for developing and debugging applications with Visual Studio 2005, Visual Studio .NET 2003, and with eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0 (eVC4) SP4, all using ActiveSync. No crossover serial cable is required.

As a programmer, I'm sure I don't need to tell you about debugging etc, but since someone mentioned in an earlier reply in this thread that you had to compile it separately for the device emulator, I thought I would tell you about this latest one where you can test and debug native ARM code instead of separate compilation.

Also, when you update the PocketSNES binaries that you release in the first post of this thread, can you also put the source code there?

Edited by efishta

Guest Parallax20

Superslimjimmy - You can try reducing the CPU setting...this will speed up some games. The speed is pretty much fixed unless the core is rewritten and optimised for ARM processors.

All games I've tried so far play reasonably well on my C550...so I can live with its limitations.

efishta - I've only used the SP 2003k emu for testing in low res and my phone for QVGA. I much prefer device debugging,. I only have a C550 to test on, so all my emus work fine on this phone, I can't vouch for other devices.

Source will be made availabe when my website is up and running.

Parallax.

Guest Parallax20

OK, I've given up looking at making the 1.43 core work with low-res phones. I've spent too much time on it and not really getting anywhere fast. So I've provided the old 1.39 version for those who still want to run it on their low-res devices or alternatively use the other version posted by wabawaba.

I've also posted PocketGnuboy that I ported over xmas. I've not played with it much as I think the other two emu's are better, but have provided it all the same for those gameboy enthusiast to play in QVGA mode.

Enjoy!

Parallax.

Guest ninjaw
I've also posted PocketGnuboy that I ported over xmas.  I've not played with it much as I think the other two emu's are better, but have provided it all the same for those gameboy enthusiast to play in QVGA mode.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh my god !!!! good work I tested almost only MarioDX GBC, works great on C600 with full quality sound and image ! short slowdown occurs and map menu my be flashy, but that works. Notice that only full pic or original pic is useful if u dont want bad quality or missing screen details. Also changing sound quality dont seems to fast up anything. Officials and state saves are working !

Succesfully tested

Mario Bros DX GBC

Marioland 2 GB

Bart's escape GB

Bust A Move 2 GB

Bust a move 4 GBC (awfull sound)

Guest MTroni

I really can't believe the major effort and time you have invested in modifying these emus untill they finally work, not only for the new QVGA devices but also for the older devices like my old and extremely trusty C500!

I have one question left though: could it be possible to use anything other than the joystick directional keys in PicoDrive for movement?

As you know, the directional joystick blocks other key signals and thus impairs multikeypress, whereas if for example the number keys 2, 4, 5 and 6 are used for movement this is not the case.

So far I have not been able to find this option in PicoDrive, it might be my wrong but if this is not available yet, could you please take a moment of your time to enable it?

Thanks in advance,

M Troni

Edited by MTroni

Guest Parallax20
I really can't believe the major effort and time you have invested in modifying these emus untill they finally work, not only for the new QVGA devices but also for the older devices like my old and extremely trusty C500!

I have one question left though: could it be possible to use anything other than the joystick directional keys in PicoDrive for movement?

As you know, the directional joystick blocks other key signals and thus impairs multikeypress, whereas if for example the number keys 2, 4, 5 and 6 are used for movement this is not the case.

So far I have not been able to find this option in PicoDrive, it might be my wrong but if this is not available yet, could you please take a moment of your time to enable it?

Thanks in advance,

M Troni

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll take a look at it tonight! Keep an eye out for the next PicoDrive update.

Parallax.

Guest MiG:uK

Parallax i've been following and testing each of your releases from the start and my god does the new gnuboy rock.

sound is fishy in some of the more intensive games but this was the case with the old emu and the games didnt even run as fast as you've made em run.

man i take my hat off 2 u

u rock.

MiG