My joystick is dying :(

Guest chedmaster

Guest pd.ryder

I find it very useful when these silly design faults mean repeated replacements, especially when it can take me a couple of days to get the new 'un sorted properly. With Sprite, I only have to reinstall 1 app, register it and restore the backup. 5 mins or so, depending on the size of the file (typically around 30Mb in my experience).

And if you're unfortunate enough to FUBAR it during 'improvements', restore the previous backup after a hard reset.

;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chocolate-eater
oh dear, another person.

I hope it doesnt fail when my warrenty runs out.

Can you buy an extended warrenty with orange?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well mine has also got the same problems and I phoned Orange who were very unhelpful.

Told me I had the phone just over 6 months and therefore I had to contact the supplier to get is fixed.

I told them that I am also having other problems including crashes.

Orange are usually good but they did not seem to worry this time even through I have been with them for 5 years and spend over £100 a month on my bill. I told them that when renewal comes up I may look elsewhere and still she did not seem to worry.

Guest sponge
Well mine has also got the same problems and I phoned Orange who were very unhelpful.

Told me I had the phone just over 6 months and therefore I had to contact the supplier to get is fixed.

Read this, Sale of Goods Act.

Take note on this bit, as it might be what they are trying to say to you.

Q13. What does the "reversed burden of proof" mean for the consumer?

It means that for the first six months the consumer need not produce any evidence that a product was inherently faulty at the time of sale. If a consumer is seeking any other remedy the burden of proof remains with him/her.

In such a case, the retailer will either accept there was an inherent fault, and will offer a remedy, or he will dispute that it was inherently flawed.  If the latter, when he inspects the product to analyse the cause, he may, for example, point out impact damage or stains that would be consistent with it having been mistreated in such a way as to bring about the fault.

This reversal of the usual burden of proof only applies when the consumer is seeking a repair or replacement. After the first six months the onus of proof is again on the consumer.

Either way, I'd call them back and ask them about the Sale of Goods Act. Your contract is with the seller of the goods, not the manufacturer. Any warranty they quote is in addition to your statuatory rights, not instead of.

Sometime it is quicker to go direct to the manufacturer with a warranty claim, but you don't have to.

If you have to, threaten to report the matter to Trading Standards and even, if you're brave, threaten court action (small claims court). But this would be a last resort.

Be calm, but be strong. Do not let them fob you off!

Edited by sponge

Handset No3 earpiece failing,

everybody comments on how they can hear themselves loudly even on he lowest volume settings, and mp3's via loudspeaker 'crackle' badly if i move the phone.

bit fed up now, do you think orange would 'downgrade' my phone to a c500 instead of replacing, i mean come on!!! 3 phones inside 6 months!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mini_man

wooh! guess whats i noticed last night! down up and right are playing up oh and click in is a bit faulty!! Im sick of this though is there any chance of demanding my money back or some sort of upgrade?

Guest pd.ryder

My 'most recent' is playing up in the joystick department - again. I'm not sure I can be bothered to have it replaced tho when it'll be exactly the same again inside of 3 months. Especially when they'll want another

Edited by pd.ryder

Guest mini_man

has your warrenty expired or did you buy something extra? Im going to say something another model or money back on the phone tommorow.

Guest mini_man

well ive been speaking to orange, there offering me three devices for a replacement.

Treo 650 if i heard her correctly

Nokia 6630

Spv C500

Well I dont partlicually like the C500 due to lack of certain things, theres no way im using 6630 as its a horrible phone but im very tempted by the treo 650.

It has alot of features id like, so im afraid this my be it for windows smartphones and modaco for me ;) but nothings been set in stone yet.

Guest fluffcat1
well ive been speaking to orange, there offering me three devices for a replacement.

Treo 650 if i heard her correctly

Nokia 6630

Spv C500

Get the Treo 650 ( another HTC product btw ), unlock it, sell it on eBay, but a sp5m with the money you get. Sorted.

Look at the offline prices:

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=TREO_650_GSM_GPRS

Edited by fluffcat1

Guest mini_man

um wow ;), ok the woman said

You have the choice of a Treo ?mer?? 50 so I didnt actually hear the full model number but I dont think there are any other treos that orange have sold and end in 50 are there.

Guest mini_man

Well they claimed that they cant give me those phones, so there giving me a pay as you go C600!!!!

Im so glad ive got an upgrade, guys you should have a go at this if you can.

Guest mini_man

Yeh I know!! Im so happy, I mean I loved my C550 but now im using WM5 I can get all the cool things like mass storage etc.

I would love to know if the spektek wifi cards will work in the C600 though, as from something I read I think its SDIO.