Tutorial: Creating XML homescreens

Guest w411y

Guest prk72
For the MMS you need to insert a tag first

And for the MRU issue, this is done via a registry tweak :)

So I would do something like:

<plugin clsid="{8486CC1E-025B-4888-9C76-048DF7C1787D}" name="msgcount2" height="25" autoheight="false">

<text padding-left="10" padding-bottom="5"/>

<background>

<format state="selected" bgcolor="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHT"/>

</background>

<label>0</label><mail account="others"/>

</plugin>

?

I have never tweaked the registry, can you give me a clue as to how?

Thanks for the help.

Guest w411y

Example of a label...

<label y="38" x="105">

<format state="selected" halign="left" bgcolor="transparent" fgcolor="#000000" font-weight="bold" font-size="16" />

<format state="unselected" halign="left" bgcolor="transparent" fgcolor="#000000" font-weight="normal" font-size="16" />

<text>M@il:0<unreadMMS/></text>

</label>

Insert that into where you attempted it.

Edited by w411y

Guest kublid

Need help. I just started XML today designing my own perfect home screen. First of al TAHNK YOU to all the users here, you'd made my attempt successful. BUT!!!!

I'm going out of my mind trying to find a "plugin clsid list". I've gotten all the basic ones ones from various sites, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to do ONE thing!!

I want to create a shortcut on the home screen to an .exe file. the file is located in \windows\start menu(here i have a shortcut that works fine when accessed from the start menu)

The complete location are in \windows\start menu\programs\sirus\

Can SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASEshow me the code to launch this from the home screen??

Thanks in advance!!

Guest kublid

Need help. I just started XML today designing my own perfect home screen. First of al TAHNK YOU to all the users here, you'd made my attempt successful. BUT!!!!

I'm going out of my mind trying to find a "plugin clsid list". I've gotten all the basic ones ones from various sites, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to do ONE thing!!

I want to create a shortcut on the home screen to an .exe file. the file is located in \windows\start menu(here i have a shortcut that works fine when accessed from the start menu)

The complete location are in \windows\start menu\programs\sirus\

Can SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASEshow me the code to launch this from the home screen??

Thanks in advance!!

dan

Guest w411y

A collection of sample XML code is greatly demanded and beign as I have time off I'm putting one together :)

With regards to your link to an .exe file RJShortcuts does the trick..

<!-- RJShortcut: TCPMP -->

<plugin clsid="{F3750050-8E30-4c61-A864-4301F5D7C065}" height="17">

<background>

<format state="selected" bgcolor="transparent" bgimage="\Storage\Application Data\Home\Chrome Aqua\TCPMP Selected.jpg"/>

</background>

<format padding-left="250" padding-top="0" padding-bottom="0"/>	

<shortcutbar icon-spacing="2" icon-size="small" >

<shortcut target="\Storage Card\Program Files\TCPMP\player.exe"/>

</shortcutbar>

</plugin>

You can get the plugin from http://www.airfagev.com

Guest kublid
A collection of sample XML code is greatly demanded and beign as I have time off I'm putting one together :)

With regards to your link to an .exe file RJShortcuts does the trick..

<!-- RJShortcut: TCPMP -->

<plugin clsid="{F3750050-8E30-4c61-A864-4301F5D7C065}" height="17">

<background>

<format state="selected" bgcolor="transparent" bgimage="\Storage\Application Data\Home\Chrome Aqua\TCPMP Selected.jpg"/>

</background>

<format padding-left="250" padding-top="0" padding-bottom="0"/>	

<shortcutbar icon-spacing="2" icon-size="small" >

<shortcut target="\Storage Card\Program Files\TCPMP\player.exe"/>

</shortcutbar>

</plugin>

You can get the plugin from http://www.airfagev.com

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH! excatly what I needed. just a couple tweaks and I'll have a perfect home scrren, at least for me.. :)

Guest dishe
You might be able to solve your problem by a registry change: HKCU\System\State\Messages\sms\Unread. There change SMS (0) to blank and see if that helps.

Yes, this works, but only until I get a text message. Then it tells me I have 1 new SMS, which I can check in the usual fashion. After that, however, it seems to "reinsert" the SMS (0) string into the registry. So, it would seem to only be a temporary fix.

There has got to be a setting somewhere to tell it not to do that, but I haven't the slightest idea where to find it. :)

I would also like to make my email inbox appear out there, preferably instead of the SMS, and click it to go straight into the inbox. I found that if I copy the SMS (0) string out of the registry at sms\unread and paste it into the 'other' inbox key (replacing SMS with the word POP3), it will show up on the homescreen. But once again, this is only a temporary fix, since as soon as I get a new message, the registry keys are all reset.

Guest sparky99

What a freakin' great tutorial. Thanks w411y! I've used it to get me nearly all the way home.

I'm having a little problem with the calendar that I cannot seem to work myself out of.

I would like to have the calendar show the next two items in my schedule. I've followed the indstructions on how to do that, but I keep getting a repeat of the same item.

I'm using the .xml from Omega One Battery Pack Pro, on a T-Mobile SDA with WinMobile5

This is the code I'm using:

CALENDAR

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but cannot for the life of me figure it out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Guest w411y

Hmm i woulda thought that would work :) Things is, whenever I want to display more than one appointment, I use the plugin Facade so I'm not sure if it's possible using the standard plugin ;)

Guest sparky99
Hmm i woulda thought that would work :) Things is, whenever I want to display more than one appointment, I use the plugin Facade so I'm not sure if it's possible using the standard plugin ;)

Thanks for the reply w411y. Hoped you might be able to fix. O' well.

I'm thinking about the facade plugin myself, but really like my current layout. Do you know if there is a way to plug facade into another homescreen...say the battery pack pro xml?

If so, I would be greatly appreciative of what that code might look like.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kelv23

Im getting ready to have a crack at this for a C600 WM5. Is there anything critical I should know before I start? Ive got Dreamweaver 8 to play around with if thats got any use

Edited by kelv23

Guest w411y

I havn't played on Dreamweaver but as far as I know its used to make websites? If you can use it as a text editor then carry on I suppose. Just make sure you save your file as *.home.xml

Please note theres also an updated tutorial here: http://www.modaco.com/Homescreen-guide-for...rs-t236832.html

It also includes a plugin resource of all standard plugins :)

Guest kelv23
I havn't played on Dreamweaver but as far as I know its used to make websites? If you can use it as a text editor then carry on I suppose. Just make sure you save your file as *.home.xml

Please note theres also an updated tutorial here: http://www.modaco.com/Homescreen-guide-for...rs-t236832.html

It also includes a plugin resource of all standard plugins :)

well if any old text editor will do I wont bother. Here goes...

Guest kelv23
well if any old text editor will do I wont bother. Here goes...

Just done a quick copy and paste of the new method but nothings showing up in the homescreen menu after placing it in Application data/Home

heres the text

kelv_test

- <!-- Defaults

-->

-

- <!-- Background

-->

- <!-- Colour Scheme

-->

-

- <!-- IconBar Plugin

-->

-

- <!-- Date/Time/Carrier Plugin

-->

-

-

- <!-- SMS Count Plugin

-->

-

-

-

-

Email:

-

-

SMS:

-

-

M@il:

- <!-- Profile Plugin

-->

-

-

-

-

Profile:

- <!-- Profile Plugin

-->

-

-

-

-

Profile:

- <!-- Calendar Plugin

-->

-

-

-

-

Any pointers to what Im doing wrong?

Cheers

Guest w411y

You didn't have at the start for starters ;)

This is wierd... with all the fiddling and stuff I've done I've never ha to hard reset from playin with homescreens. I hope it doesn't put you off in the future. Before putting it on your phone, open it up in Internet Explorer on your PC and if there is anything wrong with the XML it will tell you :) If there's nothing wrong with it, it will display the whole text and make a nice bleepy sound (Trust me, that 'bleep' can sound pretty good at times :D )

Edited by w411y

Guest kelv23
You didn't have at the start for starters ;)

This is wierd... with all the fiddling and stuff I've done I've never ha to hard reset from playin with homescreens. I hope it doesn't put you off in the future. Before putting it on your phone, open it up in Internet Explorer on your PC and if there is anything wrong with the XML it will tell you :) If there's nothing wrong with it, it will display the whole text and make a nice bleepy sound (Trust me, that 'bleep' can sound pretty good at times :D )

Nothing to do with the homescreens just my general tweaking/fiddling Im a bit impatient at the mo so thought it was time to start all over again

Guest kelv23
Nothing to do with the homescreens just my general tweaking/fiddling Im a bit impatient at the mo so thought it was time to start all over again

Putting this in Application Data/Home but still not showing up

test.xml

When I save the .xml it asks about encoding as well in a dropdown box

Edited by kelv23

Guest kelv23
Save the file as *.home.xml and not *.xml

Also note, dont save it as a txt file, make sure it is set to All Files

Tried everything but still the same, they just dont show up anywhere. can u post a file u know that works so I can test it ,this is starting to get annoying