Tutorial: Creating XML homescreens

Guest w411y

One more question w411y....for now :D

If the iconbar is set height="0"

Does that mean that the first plugin starts at 28px down from the top of the screen?

I would of sed 27px but thinking about it I havn't really checked if theres a 1px gap between each plugin

I would of sed 27px but thinking about it I havn't really checked if theres a 1px gap between each plugin

If i can get it figured out at all I guess 1px wont kill me :D

Ok, so if my first plugin after the iconbar is the MRU plugin and i set it to height="67" then i have 40px to play with in that plugin...correct?

Edited by Sq322

If i can get it figured out at all I guess 1px wont kill me :D

Ok, so if my first plugin after the iconbar is the MRU plugin and i set it to height="67" then i have 40px to play with in that plugin...correct?

No... all 67 belong to the MRU plugin

No... all 67 belong to the MRU plugin

But the plugin will first appear under the iconbar which has an automatic default of 27px of space starting from the top of the screen..correct?

No problem :D

All right , with alot of work on my part...and your immense help w411y..i present my first 3 works in progress..

Comments welcome..

inthecloudscreencap.jpg

greyblueqscreenie.jpg

BluemotoScreenie.jpg

thx w411y..coming from you thats a pretty big compliment...

one more question for you...do you know how to recolor the softkeys ? on the home screen?? I cant seem to find that anyplace...

Edited by Sq322

Suh-weeet! :D Get them in the downloads section (Click downloads then add file)

thx w411y..coming from you thats a pretty big compliment...

one more question for you...do you know how to recolor the softkeys ? on the home screen?? I cant seem to find that anyplace...

Added em..but dont seem em...guess they take some time to come up..

Guest geoffrey118

w411y!! I'm having a problem with my Theme!!

The problem is that I cannot refresh my Front Page!!

ex: on the Homescreen - There's Appointments + Time, etc......

but then when I used the Plugin for MRU - I'd want it to (REMOVE) what's in the apoointments section and time section and use such sections for the Icons & Names of the MRU!!

If you still can't understand the above explanation - please forward me your email address and I'll send ALL the material to you!! Obviously - if you don't mind!!

I am a complete NooB when it comes to xml. What I am trying to do is modify an existing homescreen by adding a Fizz Traveler plugin. The current screen has Facade set at a height of 178. I want to put Fizz below that, in the bottom 37. So I set the height of Facade to 141 and added the Fizz plugin after Facade at a height of 37. Seemed simple at the time. To test it, I left the name the same, removed the old xml file and replaced it with the modified one. Now the screen doesn't show up in my list of available screens, but when I put the original xml file back in, it shows up in the list just fine. Am I missing something really simple here?

Try opening the XML (The one that doesn't show up) in Internet Explorer on your PC. It will highlight what is wrong with the XML. More than likely you've forgotten to close a tag or something :D

Try opening the XML (The one that doesn't show up) in Internet Explorer on your PC. It will highlight what is wrong with the XML. More than likely you've forgotten to close a tag or something :D

That was exactly it. I've got other issues now. I'll work on them a bit before asking for more help. Thanks w411y.

Woah crap thats sweet :D It's great when people use this tut and their first screen is darn good

Be sure to upload it to MoDaCo's download section

Sooner or later you'll be seeing XML in your sleep :D

Edited by w411y

Or Xbar.

Thanks guys. Glad to report I found these nifty little programs from a chinese web-site. My apologies, I forgot to take note of the web-site's address. It's like OICN or something and all in chinese. Managed to google to english. Attached please find the software which I have them zipped. run it twice and you get the menu to change the font size.

Walla......

Anyone who tried this please report should there be any system crashes..

THANK YOU...

Timer.zip

Edited by illi