Tutorial: Creating XML homescreens

Guest w411y

Is there a way to make a plugin have a background color or maybe a background be a jpg? For example i like my Homescreens to be very Picture friendly because I love putting pictures of me and my friends (Iam only 16 btw) as the background but dont wanna lose the functionality of a Homescreen, but i think if there was just a little more something to the screen it would look better, i could manually take each photo and open it in Photoshop, but im really way to lazy to do that and it wouldnt be able to use my Cameraphone as much...

Only 16 myself :) Check out http://www.virtuoffice.com/ and take a look at the photoplug

Guest Mikew07
Only 16 myself :) Check out http://www.virtuoffice.com/ and take a look at the photoplug

Well now i have no excuse..., anyways i saw that but its not what i want, that and i dont feel like paying for it. I like how mine turned out sofar (even though it is quite simply the easiest homescreen design ever)

I dont think im explaining myself very well, what i wanna do is have my calender plugin have a background itself thats a jpeg (different from the background of the phone) built right into the xml.home so that no matter what i chage my bakground too, that calendar plugin has the little background picture....

I dont really think that explains it any better but it was worth a shot, i dont even know if what im trying is possible.

Edited by Mikew07

<background>

<format state="selected" bgcolor="transparent" bgimage="\Storage\Application Data\Home\Chrome Aqua\MSG Selected.jpg"/>

<format state="unselected" bgcolor="transparent" bgimage="\Storage\Application Data\Home\Chrome Aqua\MSG Selected.jpg"/>

</background>

Ensure bgimage is the same picture in both. Well if you want I suppose :) I'm *sure* that's what you were asking for. Put that somewhere in you Calendar plugin code (making sure you remove the that was already there if there was any there)

Guest Mikew07
<background>

<format state="selected" bgcolor="transparent" bgimage="\Storage\Application Data\Home\Chrome Aqua\MSG Selected.jpg"/>

<format state="unselected" bgcolor="transparent" bgimage="\Storage\Application Data\Home\Chrome Aqua\MSG Selected.jpg"/>

</background>

Ensure bgimage is the same picture in both. Well if you want I suppose :) I'm *sure* that's what you were asking for. Put that somewhere in you Calendar plugin code (making sure you remove the that was already there if there was any there)

Yep that is exactly it, youre my hero lol. Now all i gotta do is make a cool design in Photoshop... :-)

Guest Mikew07

Noob question of the day: Hope youre ready,

How do i make this bold and size 10 font?

<plugin clsid="{865A354A-4A96-4687-B001-C155DC0DBE76}" name="calendar" height="36">

<background b-border-width="0"/>		

<label x="1" h="16">

<text><subject/></text>

</label>

<label x="1" y="17">

<text><time/></text>

</label>

</plugin>

<plugin clsid="{865A354A-4A96-4687-B001-C155DC0DBE76}" name="calendar" height="36">

<label x="1" h="16" font-size="10" font-weight="bold">

<text><subject/></text>

</label>

<label x="1" y="17" font-size="10" font-weight="bold">

<text><time/></text>

</label>

</plugin>

Guest Mikew07
Noob question of the day: Hope youre ready,

How do i make this bold and size 10 font?

<label x="1" h="16">

<text><subject/></text>

</label>

<label x="1" y="17">

<text><time/></text>

</label>

</plugin>

Nevermind i figured it out...

Guest Mikew07

<label x="1" h="16" font-size="10" font-weight="bold">

<text><subject/></text>

</label>

<label x="1" y="17" font-size="10" font-weight="bold">

<text><time/></text>

</label>

</plugin>

O lol thanks i did it wrong (well not wrong but very inefficient)

Guest Mikew07

Okay.... another one, and i dont think im gonna figure this one out... can you put the Subject and Date on the same line... for example

Clip my Toenails: 1/1/07 3:34 a.m.

... a little pointless but you get the idea...

Guest Dkrpata

Just asked this on another board, but figured since I've learned all my xml editing from the awesome tutorial here, I'd ask here. The only text I can't seem to change the color on is on the bottom of my home screen on the start menu. The start/Contacts text won't change from the white it's set at? Am I missing a variable or something? Thanks for any help.

Guest Dkrpata
Does this work (Sorry don't have WM5)...

I have the COLOR_BTNTEXT set to #0000FF (Blue) but it still appears white. Happens on all the home screens I have. Could there possibly be something that is overriding that value?

COLOR_BTNTEXT won't change the soft key button colors to exactly what you want. You have to use the registy to set those.

HKCU\ControlPanel\Home. Create a new value with your home screen name and use the follwing color settings.

COLOR_SOFTKEYBTNFACE

COLOR_SOFTKEYBTNTEXT

COLOR_SOFTKEYBTNTEXT_HIGHLIGHT

COLOR_SOFTKEYFLATCENTER

COLOR_TITLEFLATCENTER

COLOR_TITLEFLATDONEBTN

Best thing is to grab a home screen that already does this and use its registry settings to get what you need.

Edited by scottb

Guest Dkrpata

Thanks for the info on the start bar. At least I wasn't totally crazy on that one. But now I got a new one. And I apologize for being such an idiot. I've found that my idea of having 2 primary colors are backfiring. I like everything i got, but just realized on my emails the names in the to: cc: bars are the same color as my background (both blue). I've tried changing all the parameters. I figured it was either the WINDOWTEXT or STATICTEXT that would change it but it didn't seem to change that portion of the email. Any advice is great, and sorry for the stupid questions.

Guest nikosrs4
Thanks for the info on the start bar. At least I wasn't totally crazy on that one. But now I got a new one. And I apologize for being such an idiot. I've found that my idea of having 2 primary colors are backfiring. I like everything i got, but just realized on my emails the names in the to: cc: bars are the same color as my background (both blue). I've tried changing all the parameters. I figured it was either the WINDOWTEXT or STATICTEXT that would change it but it didn't seem to change that portion of the email. Any advice is great, and sorry for the stupid questions.

try to change the "COLOR_BTNFACE" and tell us if there was a change.

Guest szandor

can someone help me with this homescreen? i would like to swap out the section circled in red. below is my xml. i am not sure which sections i need to swap out for the 'profile' and 'carrier/date/time'. thanks.

210166424.jpg

<?xml version="1.0"?>

szandor

http://szandor.net

NVA-91

<!-- Iconbar Plugin -->

<!-- MRU Plugin -->

<!-- Carrier Plugin -->

Missed Calls:

Text Messages: E-mail/Multimedia Messages:

All Day Event:

<!-- Profile Plugin -->

Profile:

• 5 weeks later...

hello guys. soo, i've been creating my first theme for the past 1 h, and now i'm facing a problem.

could you help me out?

well, i've made this theme

post-218626-1167815753_thumb.png

post-218626-1167815762_thumb.png

as you can see in the screenshots, the profile "tick" is beein white and the background white. do you know how can i change it to black or other visible colour?

on1x1___first_theme.ARM.CAB

Guest hrugaar

Hey all,

I have been creating my first homescreen for my SPV C600, and im having a little problem,

i cant get the unread MMS to show up...

<!-- SMS/MMS Plugin -->

SMS:

MMS:

gives me SMS: 0 MMS:

im trying to get SMS: 0 MMS: 0.

any help would be appreciated :)

Ru

---------------EDIT------------------------

kinda sorted it with putting instead of which works

think it adds both Email and MMS together.

Edited by hrugaar

Guest Madleroy

I'm having trouble finding the entry for the text color that you see while reading messages.

I'm not sure if it's a canned value and there is no way to change it, or if it's right in front of my eyes and I don't see it.

I just want to increase the font size a little and maybe change the color.

Anyone have any ideas?

Chuck..

oh yea, I'm doing this on a blackjack.