PocketSNES

Guest wabawaba

Guest masterall
wow great, i was just looking for this..

great you added zipped roms, that is i guess one of the best functions since it save you a lot of space (so you can add more games :)

do you think sound is possible or works with some roms like picodrive ?

and is there also a gba port for smartphones (the one you made) ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The sound of PocketSNES is available for all games, but it will slow down the emulation when open it.

In my PocketSNES 1.51, to enbale sound, open the sound option first, load a rom without quick save(it means delete "a.000" while your rom file is named "a.zip" or "a.smc").

The other port PocketNesPlus has modified not too much to the emulator, more features will be added later. The preview version of PocketGBAdvance is available, somehow it is slow and can not set display mode. Both these emulators mentioned above use back key to pause game execpt PocketSNES which can set the pause key(menu key).

PocketGBAdvance.rar

PocketNesterPlus.rar

Guest CharlyV
The sound of PocketSNES is available for all games, but it will slow down the emulation when open it.

In my PocketSNES 1.51, to enbale sound, open the sound option first, load a rom without quick save(it means delete "a.000" while your rom file is named "a.zip" or "a.smc").

The other port PocketNesPlus has modified not too much to the emulator, more features will be added later. The preview version of PocketGBAdvance is available, somehow it is slow and can not set display mode. Both these emulators mentioned above use back key to pause game execpt PocketSNES which can set the pause key(menu key).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

masterall, i recomment to start new threads for the other 2 modified emulators.

So it is easier for the user to see and find the right one.

Guest 171235_1437909563

i tested the pocketgbadvance.rar

and the pocketsnes.rar

both softwares are running... both are bugging when i try to load a rom...

is it normal ????

where is the official developpement forum for these softwares where i could make my bug returns ?

Guest Smartastic

u need filedialogsp.dll , shareware version, u can find it in the picodrive tread..

POCKETNESTERPLUS: runs nice but i cant seem to find screen modes eg landscape right

POCKETGBA: as soon as i try "load rom", i get the filedialogsp nag screen and then it hangs at the startscreen of pocketgba.. :shock:

POCKETSNES: works great now !, sound & speed is a lil problem but still runs great, a lot of roms work !!!

Edited by Smartastic

Guest 171235_1437909563

I'm sorry to say that, but this forum and particularly this topic aren't on the right track...

it's crap to find the only link of the gba emulator on the third or fourth snes emulator topic...

and it's worse to learn in the same topic that we have to find another file (a weird dll file) in a picodrive topic !!!!

furthermore, most of the links are in chinese...

please, make a new topic !!!

and it is the same for the new genesis emulators, the new "multiemulator", and the new snes emulator !!!

thx in advance for your consideration...

Guest Smartastic

be glad masterall is sharing his fine ports with us you know 8)

running DK country 2 nice with sound ! on pocketsnes

a lot of games run great with sound if u put frameskip to 4, just try to play with the settings to get the best performance per game.. ! awesome

also does it matter for gamespeed with sound if the roms are zipped ?

Edited by Smartastic

Guest MTroni

OK peeps

Sounds all good but it hangs on welcome pocketsnes screen as soon as I load a rom

Running on SPV c500 here....

Any1 know what's goind on?

Cheers,

M Troni

Guest pedroms1

Men, finnaly a GBA emulator that can be easily configured for smartphone and it just hangs. I cant seem to load a ROM (it doesnt even goes to file dialog), in the options menu, I cant open the video... menu. To finish, in the frameskip option I cant seem to erase the values. Im just doing this to help you to know what needs to be fixed, hoping that you will make it! I suggest that if you cant make it to work with the FileDialogSP.dll, maybe you can ask Parallax's help.

Men, you are so close!!

Pedro

Guest MTroni

Peeps,

Who has gotten this one to work on c500?

On my c500 the program hangs as soon as I load a rom (still on the pocketsness start screen)

Any ideas?

Guest masterall

éron, CharlyV

Thank you for your advice!

Because the pocketnesterplus and pocketgbadvance are at a eraly stage, so I just put it here for preview. When it get to a stable version, I will open a new topic.

éron

You may send messages to me for bug reporting.

MTroni

PocketSnes 1.51 still has some bugs when loading a rom, I will fix it in the next version, and open a new topic for it.

pedroms1

The pocketgbadvance is actually a preview version, it only can play some games and set keys. I'm trying to do some speed optimizing now.

Guest pedroms1

But my problem is that I cant even browse my device for ROMs, as it just hangs when I press Load Rom...

I have filedialogSP.dll in the same folder as the emulator, so I dont really know why it happens, I've tried it on a MPX220, and it just happens the same. Can it be solved or should I wait for another version?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest roy_nor

Great version! Finally a rom browser that works for my MPX220!

Still having problems quitting the emulator and such but... Nothing is perfect I guess! ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest kevinsephiroth
Great version! Finally a rom browser that works for my MPX220!

Still having problems quitting the emulator and such but... Nothing is perfect I guess! ;)

i have donwloaded the tgetfille.dll of the post abave and when i click on load rom in the gba emu it freezes

• 11 months later...
Guest John04

I just got a blackjack and im new to this emulators on my phone and i need some help, when i open pocketsnes and click on open rom no games show up only application data, connMgr, Documents and Settings, MAPI, My Documents, Program Files, Temp, and windows.....where do i go to find the games?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest prmtyme
IN NO WAY should i get the credit for this version of PocketSNES. This build was made by a guy named Hao Zhang, and all the credit should go to him (i dont even know how to reach him).

OKay guys, I found this on a chinese forum i visit regularly. I think Hao took the source of SNES9x and not the existing PocketSNES one. BUt i really have no clue

IT supports TONS of games (seriously, it blew me away). I can play Chrono Trigger, and FF3, and tons more now!!!![btw, if im not allowed to say the name of a game (cause it refers to roms), please just let me know, ill be glad to erase it.]

Also ive noticed a slight speed increase. (i can play acceptably on frame skip 1 on some games whereas before i needed frameskip 3 or 4.)

You can PM me and ask if a certain game works, and i'll pm u back, but im not allowed to announce it Here.

But other than that, enjoy, and have a great time playing some timeless classics :D

The .dll file in the rar archive is for the new file explorer implemented :D

dude whats the link where i can download this snes hopes it works cuz spacemonkeys snes sucks hahahaha :rolleyes: B) :P :rolleyes:

Guest mikeeey
dude whats the link where i can download this snes hopes it works cuz spacemonkeys snes sucks hahahaha :D :rolleyes: :P :rolleyes:

no it doesnt suck its the very first version made, so any snes emulator for smartphone actually came from his :D

• 1 month later...
Guest adambomb_13

I have a 312mhz motorola Q and theres gotta be a way to speed up pocketSNES I am very happy to be able to run snes on my motoQ Thank you to the DEV. I had a treo 650 bfore my Q and used LJP to run snes and there was an app to free up dynamic memory called UDMH (dev. DMITRY) i'm wondering if a SP DEV. can come up with a hack/app to trick the SP into thinking it has unlimited dynamic memory then everything including snes will run razor sharp WITH SOUND :)

Heres the link: http://www.palmpowerups.com/modules.php?na...wpage&pid=2

Edited by adambomb_13

• 4 weeks later...
Guest masterlegit
I just got a blackjack and im new to this emulators on my phone and i need some help, when i open pocketsnes and click on open rom no games show up only application data, connMgr, Documents and Settings, MAPI, My Documents, Program Files, Temp, and windows.....where do i go to find the games?

you need a different version here is the one i use for my blackjack and it is a little glitchy with the panels but works perfectly with the roms

just look up "snes roms" in google or whatever types of roms you might want... go into the site and download the ones you please (I am not responsible for any content or illegal downloading you might encounter on these sites)

Masterlegit

Pocket_SNES.zip

Edited by masterlegit

• 1 month later...
Guest player911
you need a different version here is the one i use for my blackjack and it is a little glitchy with the panels but works perfectly with the roms

just look up "snes roms" in google or whatever types of roms you might want... go into the site and download the ones you please (I am not responsible for any content or illegal downloading you might encounter on these sites)

Masterlegit

That file doesn't even start up. I can run the PocketSNES 1.51 from earlier posts ok (in portrait mode), but the one you posted just flashes on the screen and then won't load. I've restarted my blackjack and tried again... nothing. Perhaps the file is screwed up. Can you verify?

• 6 months later...
Guest th3jewelz

Ok, on the blackjack 2 the snes works but i cant get the gba to work and i cant find one know where if anyone know where i can find one that works for the blackjack 2 pm me or post it here please

Guest aceitalia83

ok, so i have a moto q with 312mhz processor, and pocketnester and pico drive run beautifully, not one problem at all, this pocketsnes emlator is slow with sound, im trying to play FF III, witch is he whole reason I downloaded this emulator, I can deal with the slowness, but when I get to the World map and I start walking it seems like the graphics are overlaping or ripping or sumthin, but it makes this game unplayable, everything was ok until i got to the world map, just slow but bearable. I tried disabling smooth stretch, enabling and disabling transparancy effects, even turning off the sound, and a combo of all, even tried different disply modes, NOTHING! please help me if anybody has any insight, I have pocketsnes v 1.52, masteralls version.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wackywraith

i have a question. everytime i load pocket snes it just freezes and then my phone runs slow until i restart it. i have a motorola q global. (http://www.pdadb.net/img/motorola_q9_global.jpg) i don't know if i am downloading the right cab files or the right version of pocketsnes. and do i have to do anything with the cab file afer i put it on my phone because every time i try clicking on it it just says it is not intended for my version or whatever. and i am just placing the pocketsnes and the cab file in my my documents folder, does it matter where you put them?

thanks for any help you can offer!

Edited by wackywraith