Remapping the C550 music button

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Guest jthspace

Well, to add a bit of confusion - - -

I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to remap the button. In the end, using a combination of ideas from above posts, I installed BOTH downloads to my Storage Card and it all started working a treat.

TCPMP is loaded on the storage card, so perhaps both programmes have to be in the same place as TCPMP. Originally, I had loaded Copy Files to Storage, and the other to the Storage Card, which, to me, sounded logical! Mind you, I didn't get a message to reset - I turned the phone off and then on and all was OK.

Thanks for a very useful utility, it makes watching a film just that little bit more convenient.

BTW, I use Lathe as the converter and it has never failed yet.

Guest mbriody

No, my TCMP is on Storage Card and it only worked for me if I installed by CAB's to the phone i.e. the cabs and TCMP are in different locations.

Well, to add a bit of confusion - - -

I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to remap the button.  In the end, using a combination of ideas from above posts, I installed BOTH downloads to my Storage Card and it all started working a treat.

TCPMP is loaded on the storage card, so perhaps both programmes have to be in the same place as TCPMP.  Originally, I had loaded Copy Files to Storage, and the other to the Storage Card, which, to me, sounded logical!  Mind you, I didn't get a message to reset - I turned the phone off and then on and all was OK.

Thanks for a very useful utility, it makes watching a film just that little bit more convenient.

BTW, I use Lathe as the converter and it has never failed yet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edited by mbriody

Guest wally(tm)

Hello ; D

I'm still trying to get thouse media buttons remaped, but without any luck ;/ .... few months ago I was trying other tweak from gpcarreon site, and it didn't worked either ;(

I hawe Exactly same ROM info as gpcarreon, phone is clean, only TCPMP instaled ..... I've did all points from readme .... ( 6 times :) ), without any result ;/ plzzzzz help xD

( sorry for my english :D, I'm writing to you from Poland :!: x] )

Update:

In advice:

Yes I have orange player, I CAN SET thouse buttons to orange player etc ....

Edited by wally(tm)

Guest wally(tm)

Nope ; ( ..... I'm googling for it right now ; ) ....

update:

GOT IT :x .... OMG, it's amazing .... at last tcpmp under media buttons .... [-o;) ..... hmmmm what we can tweak more ??? x] ( "what do you want to tweak today" )

update2:

thx gpcarreon for verry usefull blog :), as it seems right now, I was stupid enough to think that 70% of your info's on it was usless .... becouse I did'n decertify FULLY ; D .... right now, I can't stop with patching ; ))))

oooo and I see that you know rizaPN, this guy is amazing, I remebmer how he was making Siemenst SL45 patches with "one click" : )

Edited by wally(tm)

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
thx gpcarreon for verry usefull blog :), as it seems right now, I was stupid enough to think that 70% of your info's on it was usless

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No problem. Happy to help. I would be more than stupid to maintain a blog if 70% of its contents are just useless stuffs. :D

oooo and I see that you know rizaPN, this gay is amazing, I remebmer how he was making Siemenst SL45 patches with "one click" : )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You mean he is a 'guy'. Its an honor to have him at the blog. Blog's open for everyone, for knowledge diffusion. An opportunity to share with the Smartphone community what you have in mind, to learn from others, be happy that (somehow) others learn from you. A picture of an ideal Smartphone ecosystem. 8)

"What do you want to tweak today?" <--- I like that.

Now back to remapping topic...

Guest wally(tm)
You mean he is a 'guy'.
right, I always had problems with this gay/guy/gey :) ..... didn't wanted to offend him :D

about tweaking, when I'll finish exams on my studies, I can look at BT autosync problem :) ...... simply I don't like when mobile looks for pc .... it kills battery ;/

• 3 weeks later...
Guest oxarn
Hi Gpcarreon, tested fine on my C550 ;) many thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It won't work on mine can somone plz help my phone is unlocked from the orange website but still won't work plz hep me

Guest oxarn
Thought of posting a separate thread for this trick...

Took me forever and a half to figure out how to bypass what I used to think as a ‘hard-coded’ feature / registry setup. Well, it wasn’t hard-coded at all, its not even on the registry. Presented below are instructions on how to re-assign / remap the C550 (HTC Hurricane) media player quick launch button to TCPMP (formerly BetaPlayer)

mptweak4wu.gif

Target Device: Orange C550 (not sure if it will work on other music phones)

Important reminder:

The trick will only work on fully application and registry-unlocked device. You might want to check SDA Unlocker before proceeding with the instructions.

Instructions:

1. Choose Orange music player as player type. You do it via Start > Settings > Button settings. I will try to automate this soon so that there will be no more manual selecting of Orange media player. Check Post #131 below for the automated CAB files (inside OrangePlayer.zip)

snap0275ah.jpg

2. Download Copy Files utility by mossywell:

http://www.mossywell.com/downloads/#CopyFiles

3. You may also use this ZIP file. Install the CABs to \Phone (not the Storage Card)

C550.MP.Tweak.zip

Inside the ZIP file…

- Install ‘CopyFiles.cab’ (same CAB from instruction 2)

- Install ‘MP.Tweak.SD.CAB’ if you have TCPMP on your Storage Card ...OR

- Use ‘MP.Tweak.Phone.CAB’ if you have TCPMP on your phone (\Storage)

*** Please take note that the 2 MP Tweak CABs above are for TCPMP. You may experience problems with BetaPLayer as it used different installation directory compared to the newer TCPMP version.

3. Restart device (very important)

Demo Video: Click Me

By the way, you can use the C550’s Play/Pause button to play/pause your TCPMP video. And oh, it will survive a restart. Many thanks to Mark (aka mossywell of MoDaCo).

Have fun!  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

plz help me it won't work on mine

Guest oxarn
Kindly tell us what you've done so far. Have you used the 'SDA Unlocker' ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No because i have a mac computer i have go it unlocked from orange though.

Guest oxarn
No because i have a mac computer i have go it unlocked from orange though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have followed your instructions but it just won't work plz help. I am not very good with computers.

Guest oxarn
If you could get to a PC:

1. App-unlock first using the tool from Orange

2. SDA Unlocker

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the only pc i can get to is at school but i can't run exe files on it

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bigpete

Hi, I tried this on my phone, which is fully application unlocked, but it did not work. Hoever, when I first got my phone, I downloaded an update for ORange Music Player - I am wondering if this is why it is not working???? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pd.ryder

I've tried to get hold of this SDA Unlocker via the hyperlink in gp's initial post. BUT - it's all in German and I'm too unsure of what it's asking of me (presumably) before it'll let go of the download.

Any links to a site in English for SDA Unlocker?

Guest pd.ryder

All working fine now. Thanks ;)

Can I now re-establish some security using the Developers untility and still have this tweek working after a reboot?

Guest mr_nice!

Hi people!!

I would like to install this button mapping function and wanted to find out a few things before buggering around with my phone.

I installed tom tom on my 550 and I had to get it unlocked. Orange sent me a file which i stuck on my phone which gives me an option called Orange security levels. Is this good enough for the TCPMP player button mapping function or do I still need the SDA unlocker.

The only other question is really your experience. I normally listen to audio through WMP and watch films through beta player (obviously i need to upgrade my player). Are you saying that TCPMP is the don for all media??

While on the forum I would also like to say, I have had a new phone every year since 97 when I got a c550 and my mate stuck Star Wars - New Hope on it. I realised not only that the c550 was a great phone (i now the joystick is shite) but we had reached a civilised level of technology so that wherever I was on the planet I could get a Wars fix, now thats progress!!!!

Guest pd.ryder

Mr_Nice, I had Developers@orange send me the Security Tool and set it to 'disable' but I still needed to use the SDA Unlocker before I could get this remapping tweak to work. As you'll see from my previous posts, I had a little trouble finding it but gpcarreon[MVP] was good enough to post it ;)

You'll also see I was going to relock the phone using the Security Tool after remapping the buttons to TCPMP, but it won't work once I set even 'low' level security. It keeps looking for Orange Player when I press the media keys. If I return the security to 'disable' and reboot, it works fine again.

In terms of quality players, TCPMP comes up well against even the more expensive 3rd party apps like PocketMusic. You get editable / savable playlists-on-the-fly, decent graphic equalizer, support for Ogg Vorbis and even AAC (iTunes) format if you dig deeply enough (it's not 'onboard' due to intellectual copyright issues). I much prefer it over WMP and even my treasured PocketMusic which hasn't been updated for QVGA support. Give it a whirl. It's not as pretty as some, but very functional.

;)