TMobile ROM Update

Guest veef13

I've installed the ROM on my Vario in which I'm using a Vodafone SIM card. Now, every time I switch the Vario on, I get a message telling me which area code I'm in. Does anyone know how I can disable this notification?

--Edit--

I've managed to stop this - I put the SIM card back in my K750i and unsubscribed from all cell info channels.

Edited by Guest

Guest hunyango_uk

can't connect to the net, how do i set up the connection thru gprs?

quick updaqte: just do a hard reset and voila!!! everything's fine. i just need patience.

Edited by hunyango_uk

Guest PayableOnDeath
Sorry to be the bringer of bad news guys n gals...

NO WIRELESS G!

Vario would not connect to network when in G-Only mode... put it to B-Only and connected instantly!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nooooooooooooo

We Want G We Want G ;)

lol

is AS anybetter at connecting now?

because i normaly have plug and unplug the vario from the usb lots of times before AS will connect to the phone :D

Guest veef13
Nooooooooooooo

We Want G We Want G ;)

lol

is AS anybetter at connecting now?

because i normaly have plug and unplug the vario from the usb lots of times before AS will connect to the phone :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

In all honesty I don't know re AS... The only problem I ever had with 4.1 was with Zonealarm, and since I moved away from that to another free firewall, AS connects flawlessly everytime... What firewall you using?

Veef13

Guest daftveggie

All works great for me ;)

As for the connection through GPRS you need to goto

settings/ connections tab / connections screen

advanced tab / select networks button

the top drop down box should be set to T-Mobile Internet.

Try to connect again and it should all work out gravy.

*has anyone found a way to make the vario automatically select networks in a priority order, i.e. if there is a USB sync, use passthrough; if there is wi-fi connection use that; if nothing, then use GPRS. I can't figure out how / if at all.

Guest Phil Lee

I installed the update with no problem. It took a while to rebuild my phone with the various apps I have installed but that was pretty straightforward. I had made sure I backed up almost everything manually to the miniSD card before the upgrade.

Since the upgrade my Vario has seemed to be a little snappier although it is very subjective. I think you always want a change to make something work faster even if it doesn't actually do so.

Guest zombiefly
*has anyone found a way to make the vario automatically select networks in a priority order, i.e. if there is a USB sync, use passthrough; if there is wi-fi connection use that; if nothing, then use GPRS. I can't figure out how / if at all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

before rom update if I wanted to go online via wifi, I had to switch to work/home first. if I then tried to browse out of range of wifi, I had to switch back to t-mobile.

here's the strange thing.... after rom update, I have it set on browse via t-mobile. however, while connected to pc via activesync, browsing appears to happen via the pc (ive checked in gprs monitor). if I disconnect from pc and use wifi, again browsing appears to NOT use gprs.

i'll do some more testing on this later

Guest PayableOnDeath
Hi,

In all honesty I don't know re AS... The only problem I ever had with 4.1 was with Zonealarm, and since I moved away from that to another free firewall, AS connects flawlessly everytime... What firewall you using?

Veef13

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

outpost firewall

the thing is if i disable my network card then connect the phone to the usb then AS picks it up right away no problems

oh just remembed something

Does Pocket MSN work, as mine hasnt been able to connect for weeks now ;)

I've installed the ROM on my Vario in which I'm using a Vodafone SIM card.  Now, every time I switch the Vario on, I get a message telling me which area code I'm in.  Does anyone know how I can disable this notification?

--Edit--

I've managed to stop this - I put the SIM card back in my K750i and unsubscribed from all cell info channels.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh no! They've come back again. Does anyone have any idea how to stop this happening?

in phone go to menu - options - more and deselect broadcast channels, that should solve your problem.

rgds

Jim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Jim but I've already done that and I'm still getting them. Any other ideas?

i upgraded my t-mobile mda compact with the latest rom from there web site, and its turned the night mode setting on the camera into a complete pice of s___.

the image on screen looks like a very very fuzzy tv station. can anyone help.

cheers

rocks

Guest turbo lemon
*gulp*.... Mine is 85% into the update, and it has frozen.  AS has closed. 

Please please please continue..... :shock:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Phew!!! It did! 99% now, so looking good.

To save people the minor heart failure I've just had - expect it to pause throughout the process and look like it has died!!!!

Guest Pondrew
i upgraded my t-mobile mda compact with the latest rom from there web site, and its turned the night mode setting on the camera into a complete pice of s___.

cheers

rocks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you tried a soft reset and checked again? If that doesn't clear up the problem try and rerun the update (u should be able to reflash). Surely if it killed night mode it would do it to everyone?

Guest PayableOnDeath

cheers

rocks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you let it install the t-moble custom stuff? or did you soft reset it be it could install them?

Phew!!!  It did!  99% now, so looking good.

To save people the minor heart failure I've just had - expect it to pause throughout the process and look like it has died!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol mine did that got to 85% and just hung :shock: am guessing at 85% its writing something that might take a while to to write, maybe its at 85% it does the Radio Stack cos i hear thats been updated too

Guest turbo lemon

Well, the new ROM has been installed for about 24 hours now, and I'm impressed.

The signal reception is vastly improved. Normally at my desk I was receiving two bars most of the time, now it doesn't drop below four bars.

It has cured the problem that I had where I would connect it to my pc, and I'd receive an error relating to not being able to obtain an IP address. I was also unable to connect to the net through my computer internet connection.

This has been totally resolved.

ActiveSync is working faster now, which I am ery grateful for. It was taking forever before.

I'd recommend it highly.

Have you tried a soft reset and checked again? If that doesn't clear up the problem try and rerun the update (u should be able to reflash). Surely if it killed night mode it would do it to everyone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

pondrew... tried to reflash my mda compact and about 30 seconds into the process the phone closed active sync and would not reconnect, i now have a mda compact which is dead, the screen says serial at the top and v 1.00 at the bottom. thats all i get, tried hard reset, leaving the battery out, connecting back to pc but wont sync. any more good ideas, need help big time now ..

Guest PayableOnDeath
pondrew... tried to reflash my mda compact and about 30 seconds into the process the phone closed active sync and would not reconnect, i now have a mda compact which is dead, the screen says serial at the top and v 1.00 at the bottom. thats all i get, tried hard reset, leaving the battery out, connecting back to pc but wont sync. any more good ideas, need help big time now ..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When Flashing using the Update program it will close Active Sync and reboot the phone in to the boot loader mode (Multi Colored screen with verison numbers, I think it had Version numbers, cant remember now lol)

then you should get a screen with a Bar and a % done on it, dont disconnect the phone or close the PC down at this point as its flashing the ROM

i had a problem like yours on my C500 when I was Unlocking it, it had faild and now was stuck in boot loader mode, I emailed imei-check.co.uk back thinking they had turned my brand new phone in to a brick, and they emailed be back saying Make sure Firewalls and Anti Virus Programs are off as they could interupt the flashing

So Disable your Firewalls And Anti Virus and try reflashing it, it should work

Guest The B.A.
Hi,

Veef13

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi veef13,

I'm using sygate and have to shut it down every time I sync.. Which firewall are you using?

Cheers

B.A.

Guest Pondrew

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, as PayableOnDeath says this is not a huge problem and the last thing you should do is panic.

When this happens you should unplug the device, reset (using the stylus in the reset hole), then reconnect and rerun the update having first ensured your pluged directly into the PC's usb (no USB hubs) with the firewall deactivated. Activesync won't recognise the device but that doesn't matter. The update should procede as normal.

Let us know if you have any problems at all and as I say, don't panic. This problem is only a problem if you don't know how to react to it.

Guest daftveggie

Does anyone know why wifi G doesn't work, and/or if anyone at HTC is doing anything to make it work?

Or am I crazy in thinking that the phone even supports G in the first place?

Guest Pondrew
Does anyone know why wifi G doesn't work, and/or if anyone at HTC is doing anything to make it work?

Or am I crazy in thinking that the phone even supports G in the first place?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Apparently only the T-Mobile and O2 versions are unable to access wifi G networks. And it seems to be something in rom as members report being able to access wifi G on their MDA Vario/XDA Mini S after unlocking the devices to any rom and trying Qtek or Imate rom versions.

Hi veef13,

I'm using sygate and have to shut it down every time I sync.. Which firewall are you using?

Cheers

B.A.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi there,

I use Keiro Personal adn my hardware firewall... Zero activesynce issues or flashing probs! I used to use Zonealarm and Sygate, but both had as issues...

Hope this helps!

BTW: Kerio is free and if anything more paranoid than zonealarm, but once setup, its the best i've used!

Cheers,

Veef13