4. Portuguese

5. French

6. English

7. Spanish

8. Dutch

9. Turkish

10. German

Greetings from Sweden

So how could I get access to this new ROM. I bought my 8310 from a non-Brightpoint source and therefore can't register at any of these European sites! Thanks!

Guest Eminos

No, I can't be lugn och fin ! ;) .. I know the swedish ROM is on the way .. but I don't think they will ever release the full changelog for bugs and so on .. they will just just write "New features: Push mail, bla bla bla" and that's it .. grr !

Anyone that has tried it, that can say something about it ?

/E

Guest Ingvarr

hehe, maybe its that same build that imate had for 1+ month, just increased minor revision from 8 to 9 ;)

they had to justify huge delay somehow after all :P

Edited by Ingvarr

It seems like nobody has mentioned that www.myqtek.com also have posted the new ROM.

Europe (West/Middle/East)

AKU2 ROM:2.0.9.0 ExtROM:2.5.322.1 Radio:0.2.0.900

For further informations to this update, go to "FAQ/Updates/AKU 2 - Features". - For supported languages see the release notes.

Guest lutzh

ps: if that is a legal issue please share the link via pn!

EDIT : I'm sorry but it is considered to be a legal problem by forum policy.

As is abuse of the PM system for the same purpose. ;)

Edited by lutzh

Guest Eminos
It seems like nobody has mentioned that www.myqtek.com also have posted the new ROM.

That is the only place that it has been released at. myqtek.com = qtek.nu .. same s*** different name ..

And it's interesting that it says "For further informations to this update, go to "FAQ/Updates/AKU 2 - Features"."

...but this can not be found .. I guess they haven't fixed that part of the site yet ..

/E

Guest flodis79

Qtek writes that you should only install a ROM with the same language as the phone was installed with from the beginning.... Is there really a potential danger in just installing the Europe update, even if you have a Sweden/Norway 8310?

Edited by flodis79

Guest Eminos
Qtek writes that you should only install a ROM with the same language as the phone was installed with from the beginning.... Is there really a potential danger in just installing the Europe update, even if you have a Sweden/Norway 8310?

I have been using both other languages and the i-mate rom on my qtek 8310 from sweden, and it still works .. I'm pretty sure there is no danger at all, but if they are evil maybe the warranty will be void if you do so .. who knows .. the phone will not break because of an other language, that's for sure ..

/E

I don't think that another language could possibly damage anything. I rather think that there is some goddamn byte that tells the program that you can not update and that's it.

I have a stupid error message:

ERROR [294] : INVALID VENDER ID

I would really appreciate if somebody could tell me how to bypass this error and pump the image into the phone.

My phone is a normal device with all Qtek logos and a normal IMEI code which was accepted by myqtek.com subscription service. I bought the device in my country and I don't know what is the actual distributor where it came from. The official distributors don't seem to be available here.

I have read about some tool that can change some mystical CID (would be great if somebody could reasonably explain what it is) but I didn't find how can I backup the CID and restore the original CID.

Replacing the CID without a backup seems to be a bad choice because I can possibly stay without any warranty at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

The screenshot of the error message is attached to this post.

post-184924-1145961460_thumb.jpg

Edited by gts

Guest Disco Stu

You guys can all stay behind after class and read the rules concerning file-hosting on this site.

ROM links to official sites only please.

No uploading here.

No sharing by PM.

Thanks ;)

Guest mwille

Well... I'm getting the same "vendor ID" crap... This kind of pisses me of ;)

First Qtek don't bother to make their devices available to people that happen to live elsewhere then Scandinavia and then when one finally has gone through al the hassle of getting ones hands on one (paying a shitload of money for it in the process!) one isn't allowed the first (and very needed) upgrade.

They made money of me for this phone whether it came from Brightpoint or somewhere else so I desirve this ROM as much as the next guy. And I could care less about the so-called Brighpoint service and helpdesk, don't need 'em and never will :P

My next one will be an I-mate.. at least they aren't intend on playing god over the users of their devices.

If you get Error Invalid Vender ID use spv-services to change the CID and than it works
That's what I am going to do immediately after I will find out how to backup the CID.

Please share the secret! ;)

And also, if somebody knows - what exaclty is the CID? :P Maybe in fact I don't need to backup it?

If some day my phone happens to be broken - will the service center care of the CID?

Well... I'm getting the same "vendor ID" crap... This kind of pisses me of ;)

First Qtek don't bother to make their devices available to people that happen to live elsewhere then Scandinavia and then when one finally has gone through al the hassle of getting ones hands on one (paying a shitload of money for it in the process!) one isn't allowed the first (and very needed) upgrade.

They made money of me for this phone whether it came from Brightpoint or somewhere else so I desirve this ROM as much as the next guy. And I could care less about the so-called Brighpoint service and helpdesk, don't need 'em and never will :P

My next one will be an I-mate.. at least they aren't intend on playing god over the users of their devices.

I sadly agree with you. This really is ridiculous!

The device is Qtek and it is the same all over the world! Why the hell should there be some dammit difference and finally - how do I know what I buy? Do I have to somehow analyse the IMEI before buying the phone? It would really be much easier to buy an Imate without giving a s*** about Qtek. Unfortunately there are no Imate devices in the shelves of the local stores over here. ;) Just Nokia, Siemens, Samsung and other s*** all over. Even Qtek is difficult to find.

P.S.

I also don't care about the Brightpoint s*** and never will!

Guest mwille
. Unfortunately there are no Imate devices in the shelves of the local stores over here. Even Qtek is difficult to find.
That's the essence of what I meant. No where to buy the devices except the internet.. and if you buy your device there you subsequently get clubbed on the head by the manufacturer... Gotta love Qtek ;)