NEW Qtek 8310 ROM in february

Guest tha_neo

Guest flodis79
I sadly agree with you. This really is ridiculous!

The device is Qtek and it is the same all over the world! Why the hell should there be some dammit difference and finally - how do I know what I buy? Do I have to somehow analyse the IMEI before buying the phone? It would really be much easier to buy an Imate without giving a s*** about Qtek. Unfortunately there are no Imate devices in the shelves of the local stores over here. ;) Just Nokia, Siemens, Samsung and other s*** all over. Even Qtek is difficult to find.

P.S.

I also don't care about the Brightpoint s*** and never will!

You know that you can get rid of the vendor id with the a file from the spv_developers zip archive?

All different phone manufacturers put a lot of unnecessary things in the phones to stop things from happening out of their control. Even ipods, but there's mostly a way around these restrictions..

Guest loki_f
If you get Error Invalid Vender ID use spv-services to change the CID and than it works

That's exactly what I did but you have to application unlock it via a registry edit first.

I really didn't want to resort to hacking my phone to get a new build of the O/S but felt like I was not being treated as the customer I am, I did pay for this phone afterall.

Now that my phone is CID unlocked, I can install whichever firmware I want on it.

I just called our local retailer's service center and they assured that doing anything on my own breaks the warranty. The proper way to upgrade ROM is to carry the phone to the service center and let them do the "magic". I just wonder why some people may do the "magic" at home but others have to go to the service center?

The problem is that:

1. there is only one such service center in our country
  2. I have to wait in a long queue
  3. this is just a waste of their & mine time - I could do it myself
Decision: I shall try to find some time to carry the phone to that bloody service center. I just hope they won't tell me that in fact I have the latest ROM version that has ever been released for usage in our region. ;) Edited by gts

I think your ROM version is 2.0.0.0 while the Brightpoint Qtek AKU2 Rom version is 2.0.9.0.

Are you sure? It then means that those bastards gave me an old soft, right? ;)

Just tried to update it now - the same annoying vender id problem.

Edited by gts

Guest sb0611

Check this out: http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic....4ca092bb51f8c91

In order install the 2.0.9.0 version you have to application unlock and change the CID of your phone first. That action, of course, voids the warranty! I myself have not done that yet, because I am still trying to contact Dangaard (the other Qtek distributor that my 8310 originated from) regarding support that all Brightpoint Qtek customers already enjoy. So far the response has been slowat best, and while sniffing around the Dangaard web sites I could not find any support section setup. Unless Qtek and its distributors come up with a clear tech support strategy I will be buying i-mate products in the future!

;) WTF! that's the test build that was floating around a little while ago. Its not an official release. Why on earth did they put that on your device? The red text 'TEST ONLY!' should have given someone a hint :P

In order install the 2.0.9.0 version you have to application unlock and change the CID of your phone first. That action, of course, voids the warranty! I myself have not done that yet, because I am still trying to contact Dangaard (the other Qtek distributor that my 8310 originated from) regarding support that all Brightpoint Qtek customers already enjoy. So far the response has been slowat best, and while sniffing around the Dangaard web sites I could not find any support section setup. Unless Qtek and its distributors come up with a clear tech support strategy I will be buying i-mate products in the future!

I've still got no reply about HOW TO BACKUP THE CID. As I understand - you are not updating for the same reason. If we could backup the CID, we could do the updates by ourselves and restore the CID what could also restore the broken warranty.

Is it really impossible to backup the CID? Or maybe the real guys just don't hear my prayers? Or it's just a top secret thing and nobody wants to tell?

?????????????

;) WTF! that's the test build that was floating around a little while ago. Its not an official release. Why on earth did they put that on your device? The red text 'TEST ONLY!' should have given someone a hint :P

That' s what I wanted to know. At least now I know that it is something that was available publicly - so the fact that they have a test release does not mean anything about their connection with Qtek. I shall bring them the phone again. Next time I will save the new ROM on the flash card and tell them to install THIS cool soft and not the old s*** they have. Suckers... And they call theirselves the service center. And all these lies they told me about that they always have the latest soft directly from Qtek...

The red "test only" thing was the first thing I noticed, but in the beginning I thought that maybe it's even newer test than the official release. And this is all just because they lied to me.

No changelog and no Swedish language !! .. GRR !! *mad*

/E

The swedish ROM is in the site! I'm downloading it from http://www.myqtek.com

Maybe this could help me with 'vender id' error ?

P.S.

As I uderstand - the link to the official site is allowed in this forum, right?

Ok. The link is now shortened (to honor the rules ;-)

Edited by gts

Guest Disco Stu
P.S.

As I uderstand - the link to the official site is allowed in this forum, right?

Absolutely fine as long as you link to the page and do not post the actual download link, if you see what I mean.

I appreciate that the rules seem complicated but that's the law for ya ! ;)

I have a stupid error message:
ERROR [294] : INVALID VENDER ID

I would really appreciate if somebody could tell me how to bypass this error and pump the image into the phone.

My phone is a normal device with all Qtek logos and a normal IMEI code which was accepted by myqtek.com subscription service. I bought the device in my country and I don't know what is the actual distributor where it came from. The official distributors don't seem to be available here.

I have read about some tool that can change some mystical CID (would be great if somebody could reasonably explain what it is) but I didn't find how can I backup the CID and restore the original CID.

Replacing the CID without a backup seems to be a bad choice because I can possibly stay without any warranty at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

The screenshot of the error message is attached to this post.

Finally I have answered my own question. For all those people who also get the VENDER ID message - just try to install Swedish ROM. I guess that you can try every ROM with a filename that includes a substring "nor", just like the latest one - 314025-to_bp_nor_2090_253212_020900_ship.exe

Besides - for all those people without subscription to myqtek: maybe you should try the previously posted filename of the European version and replace the filename with the one I posted. ;)

Edited by gts

Guest tasala
Finally I have answered my own question. For all those people who also get the VENDER ID message - just try to install Swedish ROM. I guess that you can try every ROM with a filename that includes a substring "nor", just like the latest one - 314025-to_bp_nor_2090_253212_020900_ship.exe

Besides - for all those people without subscription to myqtek: maybe you should try the previously posted filename of the European version and replace the filename with the one I posted. ;)

Does this "nor" mean Nordic-version? And if so, does it also contain Finnish language? I've downloaded the file, but the readme in installator doesn't work. So there is no way to find out which languages this version supports...

Thanks.

Does this "nor" mean Nordic-version? And if so, does it also contain Finnish language? I've downloaded the file, but the readme in installator doesn't work. So there is no way to find out which languages this version supports...

Thanks.

Yes, this is Nordic and there is Finnish. You should read this topic.

Edited by gts

Unfortunately, the "nor" ROM version doesn't work on my QTEK8310 - I still have "Invalid Vender ID" message. As far as I know my device comes from Norway, but I'm not able to register on myqtek.com site, and can't use any QTEK update :P ... strange company...

Unfortunately, the "nor" ROM version doesn't work on my QTEK8310 - I still have "Invalid Vender ID" message. As far as I know my device comes from Norway, but I'm not able to register on myqtek.com site, and can't use any QTEK update :P ... strange company...

So pity. ;)

If you have tried Eur and Nor updates and they didn't help you...

If you don't have such a service centre where you could bring the device and let them do free of charge update...

Then probably you are stuck. I think that I would then choose the CID cracking method.

Besides - did you try all the possible ways to get the LEGAL update? My IMEI code was not accepted by www.qtek.dk, maybe they will accept yours? ;)

There are some more official Qtek sites around the net and maybe one of them is right for you!

So pity. ;)

If you have tried Eur and Nor updates and they didn't help you...

If you don't have such a service centre where you could bring the device and let them do free of charge update...

Then probably you are stuck. I think that I would then choose the CID cracking method.

Besides - did you try all the possible ways to get the LEGAL update? My IMEI code was not accepted by www.qtek.dk, maybe they will accept yours? :P

There are some more official Qtek sites around the net and maybe one of them is right for you!

I wouldnt like to use CID cracking method yet... I still hope to find right ROM version.

As you suggested I checked all known qtek sites ;). I wasn't able to register on any of them, but I found one interesting ROM version on www.qtek.fi. It has name: TO_DAN_NOR_2090_253112_020900_Ship.exe. I don't know if it's important but my actual QTEK Operator version is 1.5.311.2 - and the same numbers are in this filename... in other AKU2 ROMs (that I checked and had VENDER ID Error) it was 253212 or 253221...

Anyway, I am still not able to download this file - but if someone has it PLEASE let me known!

Guest wendelly
I wouldnt like to use CID cracking method yet... I still hope to find right ROM version.

As you suggested I checked all known qtek sites ;). I wasn't able to register on any of them, but I found one interesting ROM version on www.qtek.fi. It has name: TO_DAN_NOR_2090_253112_020900_Ship.exe. I don't know if it's important but my actual QTEK Operator version is 1.5.311.2 - and the same numbers are in this filename... in other AKU2 ROMs (that I checked and had VENDER ID Error) it was 253212 or 253221...

Anyway, I am still not able to download this file - but if someone has it PLEASE let me known!

For those who bought their Qtek 8310 from Expansys, they have just posted an AKU2 update to their forum. Already installed and working on my device. No Vendor ID issues or having to fool around with CIDs. Thread can be found here Expansys AKU2 Update. Enjoy!

Guest demichve
For those who bought their Qtek 8310 from Expansys, they have just posted an AKU2 update to their forum. Already installed and working on my device. No Vendor ID issues or having to fool around with CIDs. Thread can be found here Expansys AKU2 Update. Enjoy!

Which languages are supported in this ROM?

Guest chaznet

You mentioned 'for those who bought from Expansys' -- does this ROM update somehow only work on 8310's purchased from them?

Guest wendelly
You mentioned 'for those who bought from Expansys' -- does this ROM update somehow only work on 8310's purchased from them?

I don't know if the ROM works only for Expansys customers; I am an Expansys customer and it worked. I guess you can try it for yourself.

Guest wendelly
Which languages are supported in this ROM?

There were no release notes with the ROM saying which languages were supported; I installed in English.

Guest Parre

If you bought your phone from Dangard you can download latest here.

Latest ROM version 2.0.9.0 for QTEK 8310

http://www.smartmobile.se/item.aspx?id=632

For the languages supported:

This is for Qtek 8310 bought in Sweden, Denmark, Finland or Norway.

If this is what you mean?

If you mean what T9 langs & Regional settings its: English UK/US, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Slovak, Hungarian, Dutch and French