HTC Prophet / Dopod 818 Pro questions? Ask here!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jimbouk
Skype runs fine for me. But having the S200 connected to my pc makes the pc slower...

Does anyone know how to see 'hidden' files?

To see hidden files on the device, click and hold on some blank area in file explorer and select Show All Files

To see them on your pc (ie when exploring in activesync) go to tools, folder options and the view tab and select show hidden files.

Guest jimbouk
I have SPB Pocket PLus installed as well as a few other programs but my device keeps restarting.

It restarts on its own for no apparant reason.

It is also very slow and sometimes then phone doesnt even ring when I phone it myself from my landline and i have it in my hand!

I have SK tools installed and tidied up as much as I could.

Anyone have any bright ideas?

Usual cause of the restarts is SD card access issues. The new roms seem to have cured it but if not, then make sure you aren't saving files to the SD card automatically. Maybe a good idea to copy all your files of your sd card to your pc, then format the card (in the device - not on your pc) and then pop the files back.

Are you on the latest rom?

please could someone tell me the quality of tcpmp on the prophet i currently have a c550 and have no problems with video on tcpmp, i would like to upgrade to m600 but if its no good with tcpmp i may have to try summit else, please help

many thanx

Guest applemanthai

YEs I am using the latest ROM as downloaded from Dopod Website.

I hard resetted everything and used SPB Backup to reload.

I still have problems with restarting but the worse part is that the restarts happen at night and wake me up cause i get a"message from network" which says that the mobile phone has reconnected. I cannot turn it off and if i turn off the sounds then the alarm in the morning doesnt wake me up!!!!

I am really getting to my wits end with this phone.

THe latest bugging thing is that when I ignore a phonecall it stops the phone but the sound keeps playing!!! I cant stop the sound!!! I've looked in processes open etc but still it plays on and on and on like a duracell bunny!!

Have to reset to get back to normal.

I have SD card and have a lot of stuff saved there......... cause there aint enuf on main memory!

What version of the ROM are u using? is it from Dopod?

Guest jimbouk

If you are having such problems. Don't run any apps from SD card and don't restore from backup after a hard reset. Restoring will probably just bring back the problems.

I would simply re-install the latest rom and then set the device up with minimal apps (all on device). You can of course resync all your data back via activesync. Once its running smoothly, re-install one app at a time and see if its one of them thats mucking it up.

Guest chucky.egg
Once its running smoothly, re-install one app at a time and see if its one of them thats mucking it up.

I went through that process and it takes AGES and all that time you have at best a semi-useful phone.

I'd recommend the imate ROM. I've been using it for a few weeks now and all the previous problems (SD card disappearing, resets, no reminders, WiFi not enabling etc) have gone. It seems to be rock solid.

I have no plans to go back to a Dopod ROM.

Guest applemanthai
I went through that process and it takes AGES and all that time you have at best a semi-useful phone.

I'd recommend the imate ROM. I've been using it for a few weeks now and all the previous problems (SD card disappearing, resets, no reminders, WiFi not enabling etc) have gone. It seems to be rock solid.

I have no plans to go back to a Dopod ROM.

Chukky,

I hear you loud and clear. I have invested so much time and effort into getting this phone working that I dont want to give up.

But the idea of installing everything onto the phone and nohting onto my SD card freaks me out. I paid 35k baht for this phone and if all i wanted was a simple phone i would have bought a simple phone.

BUt i wanted the REAL THING. I want all my contacts, tasks, memos, thai script, thai dict, english dict, games, calculators (advanced ones!), SMS, photos, camera, video, MP3, Word, Excel, etc etc.

I thought this device would do it but it just aint up to it.

Can you tell me where you downloaded the IMATE ROM? Just to be clear - u have a dopod 818 pro and used the IMATE ROM? Correct?

Guest jimbouk
Can you tell me where you downloaded the IMATE ROM? Just to be clear - u have a dopod 818 pro and used the IMATE ROM? Correct?

ftp.clubimate.com

Guest chucky.egg

FWIW.... I always install all apps to the device (not the SD card) anyway, and would recommend it. It doesn't have any negative effects on performance and means you can still use the device when the SD card is in your camera/PC etc

Yep, I have a Dopod 818 Pro and the imate ROM

There's a thread around here somewhere detailing how to make it work - it's actually very easy. You'll need Lokiwiz which you can get from XDA Developers. Run Lokiwiz to "unlock" the ROM. Then run the imate Rom Update Utility. Piece of cake.

You'll need to backup/sync your data first and then reinstall your apps afterwards because the update wipes your entire device (not the SD card though)

Guest jimbouk
FWIW.... I always install all apps to the device (not the SD card) anyway, and would recommend it. It doesn't have any negative effects on performance and means you can still use the device when the SD card is in your camera/PC etc

I always install mine to device too - and never take my sd card out. I have heard too many nightmare stories about cards getting mucked up if you swap them between device and pc (especially if you take the sd card out of the pc before safely stopping it.

Edited by jimbouk

Guest bertm

Trying to get used to my M600 but the keyboard continually pops up at the bottom of the screen even if I am doing nothing related to it. Is it something I'm doing wrong or some setting I can control?

Guest stevenlevy
' date='Jan 24 2006, 12:31' post='709098']Blimey, you don't want much do you ;)

I'll give those a go when I get a chance, I can tell you now Tom Tom 5 works fine.

P

i have an spv m600 i am not having much luck geting tomtom navigation 5 to work on it

any help appreciated.steven

Guest applemanthai

OK Well for me, having the SD card (1 gig) was one of the main reasons I bought the DOPOD. I leave it in there ALL the time..... i never remove it!

I want to put all my games, mp3 and other apps on the SD card..... only essential and daily used apps go on main memory!

Who says there is a problem with SD card? And if there is a problem why dont they FIX it!

Im fed up with these devices that are supposed to do everything but in fact do NOTHING!!!

I think I will go back to a tin can and string!!

Guest chucky.egg

Whilst I do sympathise with those having problems, you do have to help yourselves a bit.

"The answer" to these issues has been around for weeks.

If you're having issues with a Dopod 818 Pro such as:

Wifi not enabling

SD card disappears

SD card reported as full

unexplained Soft Resets

Then download Lokiwiz (from XDA Developers . com) and the new ROM (from ftp.clubimate.com)

"Unlock" your current ROM using Lokiwiz

Install the new ROM

It's free, quick, and surprisingly easy. And it SHOULD fix your phone.

Guest chucky.egg
i have an spv m600 i am not having much luck geting tomtom navigation 5 to work on it

any help appreciated.steven

Start a new topic, and tell us what the problem is, and somebody will most likely be able to help you

Guest panchev

Hi,

can anyone tell me if you currently have A2DP on their respective HTC Prophet device, because I am unable to use my bluŠµtooth headphones on my Qtek s200 (which is based on HTCs Prophet). I have read on few places that it actually supports it, but still I can't listen to MP3 music via bluetooth.

Can you please help?