Uncertified Doom.....ALPHA version

Guest MBoden

Guest kimaswan

I can't launch it on my unlocked SPV. It says me : It is a uncertified programm so ......"

But I take the file DoomSPV.exe in my Windows/Start Menu/ Games/

and I take the file Doom1.wad in the Windows/Start Menu/ Games/DoomSPV/

What is the problem ????

Thanks

It's not down, it just redirects to http://127.0.0.1/spv - which is probably down to dodgy Apache config, and no trailing slash. Apache makes up for the lack of trailing slash by redirecting to http://ServerName/url/

GoGo, any chance you could check your ServerName line and change it to gogo.lir.dk or a global IP?

For anyone wanting to download, go to http://gogo.lir.dk/spv/

How to install it ???

* Download and unzip it.

* Put the DoomSPV.exe and DoomSPV folder in Storage CardProgram Files Doom (you'll need to create this dir).

* Right click on the DoomSPV.exe icon and choose "Create Shortcut"

* Move this Shortcut to IPSMWindowsStart MenuGames

On you phone go to Progams->Games and run it!

Be warned it takes a while to load. Press 4 to get to the menu to quit.

Barry

Thanks, I'll try that, how much memory should I have to run successfully?

Goodbye, mytools.

[EDIT] I have the Task Manager prog, can anyone tell me what's safe to kill to free up some mem?

Guest youngerpants

Hey all,

I've been away for a few days and now look!

Congrats on the doom port, I am VERY happy.

Quick question MBoden, does save work. I tried it out last night but couldnt enter a file name to save it as... any tips? I never bothered to finish doom all those years ago, but I will now (as soon as I finish Jet Set Willy on the GB emulator ;) )

Guest Madjules

It looks like I managed to get a game to save just by persevering and waiting, although I can't seem to get it to load back, have to wait minutes long and it seems to throw me back to the titles.

By the way the game plays much better than expected, I just want to get to a level which is a bit lighter - much better for showing the game off to the 7650 users and am gonna need to save to do this.

It seems the save/load issue is a problem with relative paths , should be easy to fix

also a changed keymap is coming

including strafe and gammacorrection!!

hopefully i'll find the time to release a new version this week, no promises and not all issues will be fixed

Look forward to the new version. Have you got it loading any quicker. I keep telling people I have Doom on my phone but it takes 5 minutes to load so that I can demo it. Most people get board by then.

the slow loading is bacause of memory fragmentation it seems, i cant really do anything about it, except check if i can trim the memory requirements

It seems to be just as slow on a freshly restart SPV. That has around 7MB free. I remember it starting up in under a minute on a 486 with 4MB ram.

I dont know what goes wrong, here's my findings when i checked right after releasing it :

i just timed it , it took 35 seconds to load on my phone (from shortcut to Doom intro screen) and another 8 seconds from pressing go on difficulty to the game started ?  

i'm running with keyclicks and from a 128Mb MMC card  

It will be a bit faster though, it's logging quite a bit of data during startup, i will fix it when i know how many people have problems running the program