USB Modem for Orange SPV.

Guest wideawake

Guest SiDHEaD

Hello,

When i browse for the modem driver .inf file, I select it and then the list is empty. Have tried both the one on the CD and one I downloaded. Windows XP and SP2.

Anyone got any ideas?

Guest palp

Here's how I got it to work on my SMT5600 on Cingular:

1) Unzip the attached file.

2) Disable USB in ActiveSync

3) Plug phone into USB

4) Open Modem Link from Accessories

5) Change to USB

6) Menu->Activate

7) Windows detects the device, prompted for drivers.

8) Choose "Install from a list or specific location"

9) Check "Include this location in the search" and browse to where you unzipped the file.

10) Hit "Continue Anyway" when prompted.

11) Make a new dialup connection using this modem. No username or password, phone number is *99#

Note that I did not need the init string used for Orange. In fact, it broke the connection even after I attempted to rework it for ATT/Cingular. Once I removed it, I was able to connect.

Also, if you don't want to use GPRS, I'm sure you could put your ISP's dialup access number in as the phone number, and your login/password for your ISP.

Hope this helps someone, took me quite a while to piece this all together.

USB_Modem_Driver.zip

Edited by palp

• 1 year later...
Guys,

I have been trying to sort this out and I just cant get it to work. I get this error message:

Error 692: There was a hardware failure in the modem (or other connecting device).

Does this mean the phone is buggered? I was under the impression that these were software modems in the phone not an actual hardware thing. Does anyone have any ideas?

TIA

Syphon

I too followed the installation instructions exactly, but had Error 692. After extensive web-searching, found the solution. Hope it works for you - it did for me. (But no guarantee!)

http://www.ppcsg.com/index.php?showtopic=78789

On trial and errors testing out various config changes I found that the key cause of my XP popping out the Error 692 is when I disabled Modem Compression at any end whether one and not the other or both (meaning the setting at modem properties in the Control Panel and the modem properties in the Dialup networking sections).

The fact is Modem Compression must be enabled on the Control Panel modem properties for the HTC USB modem and the modem properties in the corresponding dialup networking configuration.

• 2 months later...
Guest sunny_4u
hhi can any one help me? i lost my spv cd, and i need the drivers off it. can any1 get back to me plz

I also have the problem ,

please help me out on this ,,,,

I am in serious trouble..